[1.12.4] ScrapYard (SYD) The Common Part Inventory - v2.2.99.0-prerelease `<Project Zelda II>` edition [08 Jan 2023]

zer0Kerbal

ScrapYard KSP version License
Curseforge GitHub SpaceDock CKAN
Pages

Code

ScrapYard (SYD)

A common part inventory addon for Kerbal Space Program.

By Lisias and zer0Kerbal, originally by magico13, then by severedsolo

adopted with express permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo

ScrapYard Hero

Preamble by severedsolo

So you may have heard that @magico13 is giving up modding KSP. I've got the honour of taking over support for ScrapYard, because it makes sense as I have my own mod that depends on it (Oh Scrap!). I want to take this opportunity to thank magico13 for all his hard work and contributions to the community over the years, as I know that my own KSP experience would be much poorer without his mods. Anyway, enough from me.

The bit you are actually interested in

ScrapYard is a mod that provides a part inventory that can be shared between multiple mods. Parts are added to the inventory when you recover a vessel and are removed from the inventory when you build a new vessel. If you have ever played with Kerbal Construction Time, it's a significantly improved version of the part inventory that KCT had, that is also able to be used by other mods.

As of writing, ScrapYard does the following

• Parts are added to the inventory automatically upon vessel recovery
  • Parts are applied in the editor (not automatically like with KCT)
  • Parts are then pulled from the inventory on build (mods can change when this happens)
  • Parts are stored individually in the inventory along with any modules that “define” the part (think TweakScale and Procedural Parts)
  • The number of times “like” parts are used is tracked and available for mods, both total uses and number of builds (KCT’s part tracker feature, expanded)
  • Parts are trackable from the moment they are placed in the editor until they are removed from the game via a unique ID that transcends recovery and new builds
  • The number of times an individual part is recovered is tracked, perfect for consumption by part failure mods
  • (WIP) Funds can be overridden so that using parts from the inventory do not contribute to the cost of the vessel. You do still need to have the full amount of funds (for now).
  • ContractConfigurator support for adding or removing parts from the inventory as part of contracts

See More

Help Wanted

• Compatibility patches
  • Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlights
  • Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

Installation Directions 1

Use CurseForge/OverWolf App

CurseForge/OverWolf App

We take no part, nor are we interested in maintaining the CKAN mod metadata for my mods. CKAN is a great mod for those that can't use zip tools. If you are having issues please let the CKAN people know and refer to the CKAN thread. Our support of CKAN extends as far as checking the box in Spacedock. Beware, CKAN can really mess up though it tries very, very, very hard not to

or CKAN

Dependencies

Recommends

Suggests

Supports

Mods using ScrapYard (SYD)

Tags

plugin,editor,flags,agency,sound,career

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Credits and Special Thanks

• magico13 for creating this glorious parts addon!
  • severedsolo for the picking up where magico13 left off
  • SiriusSam for the original idea of creating a separate part inventory way back in 2014 and for the name
  • enneract for discussion and design help.
  • see Attribution.md for more comprehensive list

Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)

Current (3) - Lisias and zer0Kerbal

Spoiler

Forum: Thread - Source: GitHub License: License

Disclaimer(s)

All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
All assets, including but not limited to: animations, models, sounds and textures are distributed under their own licenses

see Notices.md for more legal Mumbo Jumbo

Author (2) - Author: zer0Kerbal

Forum: Thread - Download: CurseForge - Source: GitHub License: License

Author (1) - Author: severedsolo

Forum: Thread - Download: SpaceDock - Source: GitHub License: License

Original (0) - Author: magico13

Forum: Thread - Download: SpaceDock - Source: GitHub License: License

Connect

Track progress: issues here and projects here along with The Short List

Release Schedule
  1. GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge. Right now.
  3. SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™

1. this isn't a mod. ;P↩︎

2. may work on other versions (YMMV)↩︎

3. Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date!↩︎

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

Reserved for Changelog:

68747470733a2f2f696d672e736869656c64732e KSP 1.9.1 KSP-AVC License: MIT MIT-17x17.png

Version 2.1.0.0

• >>-- Adoption by zer0Kerbal --<<
  • recompiled for KSP 1.9.1
  • recompiled against .NET 4.8
  • updated file structure
  • updated .csproj to zer0Kerbal's
  • updated to zer0Kerbal's automated build process
  • added CONTRIBUTION.md
  • added automated process to generate Readme.htm from Readme.md
  • updated Spacedock
  • created Curseforge
  • create new forum thread

Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1
.NET Framework 4.8

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Reserved for Archival Changelog:

Spoiler

68747470733a2f2f696d672e736869656c64732e KSP 1.9.1 KSP-AVC License: MIT MIT-17x17.png

Version 2.1.0.0

• >>-- Adoption by zer0Kerbal --<<
  • recompiled for KSP 1.9.1
  • recompiled against .NET 4.8
  • updated file structure
  • updated .csproj to zer0Kerbal's
  • updated to zer0Kerbal's automated build process
  • added CONTRIBUTION.md
  • added automated process to generate Readme.htm from Readme.md
  • updated Spacedock
  • created Curseforge
  • create new forum thread

Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1
.NET Framework 4.8

Changelog Summary

See ChangeLog for full details of mod changes

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2020 at 11:54 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

Changelog Summary

See ChangeLog for full details of mod changes

Just a heads up, the link in the OP ends up nowhere. The link in the latest post points to the correct location.

Also, I'm seeing an exception from ModuleManager

[EXC 16:42:49.582] Add to mod list threw an exception in loading ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutra
l, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadEx
ception' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at ModuleManager.ModListGenerator.GetAdditionalModsFromStaticMethods (ModuleManager.Logging.IBasicLogger logger) [0x00021] in <6cc6df54448a4c2b97e086234872a67b>:0 

which I have to assume comes from ScrapYard, since I don't have ContractConfigurator installed.

Thanks for keeping this essential mod alive!

On 4/16/2020 at 12:44 PM, Corax said:

Just a heads up, the link in the OP ends up nowhere. The link in the latest post points to the correct location.

Thank you. Fixed in both ScrapYard and OhScrap!

since I don't have ContractConfigurator i

ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator

wrapper managed-to-native

yes, this is part of ScrapYard - I don't know why it would throw an exception if ContractConfigurator isn't installed - @severedsolo - have any idea?

@Corax would you be so kind as to go to GitHub and put in an issue/bug for this? That way it doesn't get lost.

Also, I'm seeing an exception from ModuleManager

[EXC 16:42:49.582] Add to mod list threw an exception in loading ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutra
l, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadEx
ception' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at ModuleManager.ModListGenerator.GetAdditionalModsFromStaticMethods (ModuleManager.Logging.IBasicLogger logger) [0x00021] in <6cc6df54448a4c2b97e086234872a67b>:0 

which I have to assume comes from ScrapYard, since I don't have ContractConfigurator installed.

10 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

yes, this is part of ScrapYard - I don't know why it would throw an exception if ContractConfigurator isn't installed - @severedsolo - have any idea?

Entirely expected and nothing to worry about. ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator won't load without both ScrapYard and CC installed. It just adds a new behaviour to CC to mess with the inventory if contract pack authors decide to (to the best of my knowledge noone has)

10 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Entirely expected and nothing to worry about.

I disagree with "expected", and kind of agree with "not worrying".

If not having CC is expected to cause an exception, that should be handled internally and not exposed to end users if there is "nothing to worry about" for them.

In a similar spirit, would it be possible to not write tons of debug logs for the release version of CC (or any mod for that matter), or even better, provide an option to turn them off? Every run of KSP generates several megabytes of logs just for CC, all starting with "Debug information for CONTRACT_TYPE 'xyz'". I appreciate the information being there for mod/contract pack authors, but once I am done developing my mod/contract pack, or am simply a user of such, I'd prefer not to have them. Not a pressing issue–it's been that way long enough–but maybe something for some time in the future?

3 hours ago, Corax said:

If not having CC is expected to cause an exception, that should be handled internally and not exposed to end users if there is "nothing to worry about" for them

Allow me to point out that Module Manager is shouting about the exception, not Scrapyard. You have a point in that it could be handled by using a KSPAssembly to make it a little more seamless, but the error would still be logged.

Module manager is shouting about it for reasons unrelated to Scrapyard (firespitter issues when 1.8 hit), many mods interface with other mods this way, and this predates the reasons MM is complaining.

To give a slightly more technical answer, Scrapyard includes a dll that extends CC to provide some added functionality, if CC doesn't exist, that dll simply fails to load. Module Manager incorrectly assumes this is a problem and warns you. Unfortunately MM can't tell that I'm this case it's meant to fail.

3 hours ago, Corax said:

In a similar spirit, would it be possible to not write tons of debug logs for the release version of CC (

Well aside from the fact that you should be complaining to the Contract Configurator dev and not me, have you tried editing the cfg for CC? There are options in for turning down the logging in there (on my phone so can't point out exactly where right now, but if memory serves its in the main CC Directory).

7 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Entirely expected and nothing to worry about. ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator won't load without both ScrapYard and CC installed. It just adds a new behaviour to CC to mess with the inventory if contract pack authors decide to (to the best of my knowledge noone has)

+1 :rep:

+1 :rep:

thought as much. thank you for the (as always) rapid and helpful response.

I will research and see (probably not possible) about capturing it maybe try catch? (too simple)

4 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

I will research and see (probably not possible) about capturing it maybe try catch? (too simple)

Won't work, it's not that sort of error - the code never even runs, it's a dependency error.

You could try adding CC as a KSPAssemblyDependency for that particular project, which would stop KSP from trying to load it if CC wasn't present (example here: https://github.com/severedsolo/EarnYourStripes/blob/2ec193bcd27b1490ffe3e892a49b285c4efb4eea/EarnYourStripes/Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs#L36 )

As I said though, loads of mods interact this way, it's not a big deal.

Just now, severedsolo said:

Won't work, it's not that sort of error - the code never even runs, it's a dependency error.

You could try adding CC as a KSPAssemblyDependency for that particular project, which would stop KSP from trying to load it if CC wasn't present (example here: https://github.com/severedsolo/EarnYourStripes/blob/2ec193bcd27b1490ffe3e892a49b285c4efb4eea/EarnYourStripes/Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs#L36 )

As I said though, loads of mods interact this way, it's not a big deal.

thank you.

It's my CleanLog-OCD :o:blush::D

On 4/20/2020 at 11:15 PM, severedsolo said:

Allow me to point out that Module Manager is shouting about the exception, not Scrapyard. You have a point in that it could be handled by using a KSPAssembly to make it a little more seamless, but the error would still be logged.

Module manager is shouting about it for reasons unrelated to Scrapyard (firespitter issues when 1.8 hit), many mods interface with other mods this way, and this predates the reasons MM is complaining.

To give a slightly more technical answer, Scrapyard includes a dll that extends CC to provide some added functionality, if CC doesn't exist, that dll simply fails to load. Module Manager incorrectly assumes this is a problem and warns you. Unfortunately MM can't tell that I'm this case it's meant to fail.

Thank you for the explanation.

Well aside from the fact that you should be complaining to the Contract Configurator dev and not me, have you tried editing the cfg for CC? There are options in for turning down the logging in there (on my phone so can't point out exactly where right now, but if memory serves its in the main CC Directory).

You're absolutely right, I didn't check for the author properly, and I owe you my apologies for wrongly addressing you as if you were. Not to drag it off topic any more, allow me to just follow up for closure's sake: I have indeed found and edited the config, and it does not change the fact that CC writes its "debug" logs no matter what, in fact CC does not seem to work at all if the directory is pointing to /dev/null, for example.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a minor incompatibility with Kerbalism and the way it modifies the mystery goo and the materials bay experiments.

The deal is that Kerbalism replaces the stock ModuleScienceExperiment with a module just called Experiment, here's how it looks in the save file:

PART
{
    name = GooExperiment
    cid = 4294422510
    uid = 3031043241
    mid = 2961929553
    persistentId = 2899502642
    launchID = 1
    parent = 0
    position = 0,0,0
    rotation = 0,0.70710665,-0.707106888,0
    mirror = 1,1,1
    symMethod = Radial
    istg = -1
    resPri = 0
    dstg = 0
    sqor = -1
    sepI = -1
    sidx = -1
    attm = 1
    sameVesselCollision = False
    srfN = srfAttach, 0,collider
    mass = 0.0573000014
    shielded = False
    temp = 305.95995024898889
    tempExt = 305.84427350630295
    tempExtUnexp = 305.84353176691593
    staticPressureAtm = 0.98752894990978901
    expt = 0.5
    state = 0
    attached = True
    autostrutMode = Off
    rigidAttachment = False
    flag = Squad/Flags/default
    rTrf = GooExperiment
    modCost = 0
    EVENTS
    {
    }
    ACTIONS
    {
        ToggleSameVesselInteraction
        {
            actionGroup = None
        }
        SetSameVesselInteraction
        {
            actionGroup = None
        }
        RemoveSameVesselInteraction
        {
            actionGroup = None
        }
    }
    PARTDATA
    {
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = Experiment
        isEnabled = True
        issue = 
        situationId = 50331649
        didPrepare = False
        shrouded = False
        remainingSampleMass = 0
        privateHdId = 3031043241
        firstStart = False
        expState = Running
        status = Waiting
        stagingEnabled = True
        EVENTS
        {
        }
        ACTIONS
        {
            StartAction
            {
                actionGroup = None
            }
            StopAction
            {
                actionGroup = None
            }
        }
        UPGRADESAPPLIED
        {
        }
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSYPartTracker
        isEnabled = True
        id = 2899502642
        TimesRecovered = 0
        Inventoried = False
        stagingEnabled = True
        EVENTS
        {
        }
        ACTIONS
        {
        }
        UPGRADESAPPLIED
        {
        }
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = HardDrive
        isEnabled = True
        hdId = 3031043241
        effectiveDataCapacity = 0
        effectiveSampleCapacity = 1
        stagingEnabled = True
        EVENTS
        {
        }
        ACTIONS
        {
        }
        UPGRADESAPPLIED
        {
        }
    }
}

That remainingSampleMass represents the "mass of available goo to be exposed", in tonnes. The experiment can be run partially, and then in a different biome, but can't be run for more than "the total of one run". After that, a new goo canister is needed.

If you recover a craft with a depleted goo canister and relaunch it right away, the goo won't work. Fine, that's intended behaviour. You can edit in the VAB, select in ScrapYard and choose to use a new part, KCT will correctly take some time in refurbishing the craft. But after rolling out to the launchpad again, it turns out the brand new part copied the whole Experiment module from the part that was replaced.

So this is clearly a misunderstanding between mods, and I'm not sure whose fault it is or which mod should correct it. Maybe Kerbalism could take that remainingSampleMass out of the module, and turn it into a RESOURCE{} so that the "fill tanks" option in Kerbal Construction Time could "refill" the canisters. Or maybe ScrapYard could discard the MODULE[Experiment] despite it having a UPGRADESAPPLIED{}

Anyway it's not a really big deal, a workaround is to remove the part in the editor and place a new one. It's just a nuisance when it had a lot of parts attached to it with very precise offsets to keep balance.

Hello, I'm new to this mod. I wanted to try it because it is recommended by KCT.
Now I'm a little confused, I had a missile on the launchpad and made a static fire and recoverd it. Then I reload the craft file in the VAB and tryed to reuse the parts that are in the inventory, but I can't find a way to apply them all. Do I have to click each part once and select one from the inventory? Or is there some Button to apply all parts that ar avaibele in the inventory?

If you look at the first image in the OP, there's that crane icon on the toolbar that opens the upper one of the two visible windows.

On that window, there are two buttons on the bottom row: "Quick Apply" and "New Parts". The first one tries to replace all the new, unused parts you have on your vessel with eligible parts from your inventory, while the other one basically does the opposite.

Ok, i found my mistake, i used SSTU Tanks and changed there size between the launches and also use real chute wich change the chutes because of the mass changes.
Now i have a bunch of parts in my inventory wich i can not use anymore, will i get money when i discard them like when i recover them? It seems not.

• 4 weeks later...

ScrapYard also doesn't work well with the Ferram Aerospace Research continued mod, as FAR has it's own built-in implementation of RealChute. If you use only FAR and disable RC, the parachutes can be re-installed on the rocket, but they will already be used. Maybe I didn't fully understand something, but after disabling FAR, the problems disappear.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And---regarding the fairly frequent calls for RealChute support or notices of incompatibility, isn't there some kind of part blacklist or Refurbishment list for ScrapYard that forces it to grab a new part, or to give it a hard-reset? I think there may have been something related to kerbalism that I'm thinking of, too. I was idly browsing the forums during the week, and found that, but forgot to make note of where. :(

Is there an update in the works for 1.10.X?

It seems like it mostly works, except I get enormous logspam of FlowGraph errors I think every time KSP needs to recalculate fuel flows (e.g. on launch, on staging, on failure of an engine module, etc). It's not necessarily debilitating - running it on a clean install, it's just a second or two of lag - but if you've got low FPS for whatever reasons already (e.g. running a lot of mods) it's totally crippling. Not clear that the FlowGraph errors have any impact other than lag though. Can submit logs if that's helpful.

• 1 month later...

I'm running Scrapyard and KCT etc on 1.10.1 (with RSS, LRTR and Kerbalism) and it all seemed to work fine, but now I got a crash to desktop when I tried to edit a recoverd plane from the KCT SPH window.
I have a lot of errors like this in my log:

Exception handling event OnSYInventoryChanged in class TankFailureModule:System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ScrapYard.InventoryPart..ctor (Part originPart) [0x00100] in <06556a9090b24d00a1da841568f40803>:0 
  at ScrapYard.PartTracker.GetBuildsForPart (Part part, ScrapYard.PartTracker+TrackType type) [0x0000a] in <06556a9090b24d00a1da841568f40803>:0 
  at ScrapYard.APIManager.GetBuildCount_Part (Part part, System.String type) [0x00012] in <06556a9090b24d00a1da841568f40803>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00032] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00048] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at ScrapYard.ScrapYardWrapper.invokeMethod (System.String methodName, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00016] in <06556a9090b24d00a1da841568f40803>:0 
  at ScrapYard.ScrapYardWrapper.GetBuildCount (Part part, ScrapYard.ScrapYardWrapper+TrackType trackType) [0x00027] in <06556a9090b24d00a1da841568f40803>:0 
  at OhScrap.UPFMUtils.GetGeneration (System.UInt32 id, Part p) [0x00025] in <16d23d65e94f43d1804a56b272c230d9>:0 
  at OhScrap.BaseFailureModule.Initialise () [0x0007b] in <16d23d65e94f43d1804a56b272c230d9>:0 
  at OhScrap.BaseFailureModule.OnSYInventoryChanged (ScrapYard.InventoryPart data0, System.Boolean data1) [0x00013] in <16d23d65e94f43d1804a56b272c230d9>:0 
  at EventData`2[T,U].Fire (T data0, U data1) [0x000b0] in <948fceea813942b7ac6b6d1b2dc2d0a3>:0 

And the last lines in my log were this:

Obtained 24 stack frames.
#0  0x000000009df317 in (Unknown)
#1  0x000000009df5c2 in (Unknown)
#2  0x00000000d65f53 in (Unknown)
#3  0x00000000e0fe2a in (Unknown)
#4  0x00000041054682 in (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object:FindObjectsOfType (System.Type)
#5  0x00000040ae77b0 in KERBALISM.Configure:OnGUI ()
#6  0x000000411a9f4a in (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
#7  0x007fe863190369 in mono_print_method_from_ip
#8  0x007fe8632fbd97 in mono_perfcounter_foreach
#9  0x007fe8632fcc44 in mono_runtime_invoke
#10 0x00000000d68d14 in (Unknown)
#11 0x00000000d64e41 in (Unknown)
#12 0x000000006d2e86 in (Unknown)
#13 0x00000000d49970 in (Unknown)
#14 0x000000006d9869 in (Unknown)
#15 0x000000006da148 in (Unknown)
#16 0x00000000c28632 in (Unknown)
#17 0x00000000c287b7 in (Unknown)
#18 0x00000000c2042a in (Unknown)
#19 0x00000000c204e8 in (Unknown)
#20 0x00000000c23910 in (Unknown)
#21 0x00000000435a22 in (Unknown)
#22 0x007fe8693d7cca in __libc_start_main
#23 0x000000004457c3 in (Unknown)

Is this a ScrapYard issue? Full Player.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eMWNAcuEX7PECPXrLrL1C8xA5CxrDwbw/view?usp=sharing

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2020 at 10:34 PM, baldamundo said:

It seems like it mostly works, except I get enormous logspam of FlowGraph errors I think every time KSP needs to recalculate fuel flows (e.g. on launch, on staging, on failure of an engine module, etc). It's not necessarily debilitating - running it on a clean install, it's just a second or two of lag - but if you've got low FPS for whatever reasons already (e.g. running a lot of mods) it's totally crippling. Not clear that the FlowGraph errors have any impact other than lag though. Can submit logs if that's helpful.

Same here! Funny thing is I've had this version for quite some time but I haven't noticed any lag before...

Edited by jlcarneiro

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/14/2020 at 3:34 AM, baldamundo said:

I got another error in 1.10.1.
1. Create Ship.

Check dv
2. Click Launch and then restore ship
3. Go To VAB, dv will be lower
4. Delete all ship and build the same ship, dv will be lower.

It looks like scrapyard messing with ship and doubles parts when they are existing in ScrapYard inventory.. 

5. When you detach and attach part bug will dissapear and calculation for that part will be correct.
I Recreated it on KSP 1.10.1 + Scrapyard only.