[1.12.4] ScrapYard (SYD) The Common Part Inventory - v2.2.99.0-prerelease `<Project Zelda II>` edition [08 Jan 2023]

zer0Kerbal

13 hours ago, Homozygote said:

Can confirm the flowgraph errors. Is this mod still being worked on? Literally the only mod I'm waiting for in 1.10 :(

Generally :) It work's besides this strange behaviours with dv in VA and flowgraph spamming log. :) Btw it could be connected issue that when part is added twice it breaks flowgraph :)

On 11/10/2020 at 4:23 AM, roxik0 said:

Generally :) It work's besides this strange behaviours with dv in VA and flowgraph spamming log. :) Btw it could be connected issue that when part is added twice it breaks flowgraph :)

Interesting... You're saying it actually still basically works except for the dV bug? 

Honestly I've had too many KSP savegames ruined by a bug that only appears 20+ hours in. I'm not going to start a new career save until I have no errors at all in my log lol. But this is good to hear.

2 hours ago, Homozygote said:

Interesting... You're saying it actually still basically works except for the dV bug? 

Honestly I've had too many KSP savegames ruined by a bug that only appears 20+ hours in. I'm not going to start a new career save until I have no errors at all in my log lol. But this is good to hear.

Hard to say because I;m not further than Mun on my KSP 1.10 save :P. But at this time seems ok for me. Of course I hate this dv bug because then It's hard to calculate some things.. Example it seems that BurnTime for manouver takes dv calculation from KSP so I need to look into KER like in old times.:) But at this moment nothing what crashes my game yet.

On 11/9/2020 at 6:23 PM, roxik0 said:

Seemed to be playable with just Scrapyard & Vanilla, but on my modded install the flowgraph errors completely completely kill performance for me. Which is really sad 'cos Oh Scrap (dependent on Scrapyard) is arguably my favourite mod - adds so much depth, and not sure i want to start a new game without it

15 hours ago, baldamundo said:

Seemed to be playable with just Scrapyard & Vanilla, but on my modded install the flowgraph errors completely completely kill performance for me. Which is really sad 'cos Oh Scrap (dependent on Scrapyard) is arguably my favourite mod - adds so much depth, and not sure i want to start a new game without it

https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/ScrapYard/pull/5
I made a hotfix which maybe work maybe not :Por better saying it fix flowchart and dv problem but not sure if all other mods will cooperate with this fix correctly. You can download compiled version here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fuajLQXotCePUqAsVwKSNrjqSUZMpoy4/view?usp=sharing

You need to change ScrapYard.dll in /GameData/ScrapYard/plugin/ folder.

Hope it will work for you :)

8 hours ago, roxik0 said:

https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/ScrapYard/pull/5
I made a hotfix which maybe work maybe not :Por better saying it fix flowchart and dv problem but not sure if all other mods will cooperate with this fix correctly. You can download compiled version here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fuajLQXotCePUqAsVwKSNrjqSUZMpoy4/view?usp=sharing

You need to change ScrapYard.dll in /GameData/ScrapYard/plugin/ folder.

Hope it will work for you :)

Thanks for doing this! Seems like it's improved performance massively compared to when I last tested but I am still getting the flowgraph log errors

On 11/15/2020 at 5:39 AM, baldamundo said:

Thanks for doing this! Seems like it's improved performance massively compared to when I last tested but I am still getting the flowgraph log errors

Ok.. Can you provide some details.. like when or what you are doing.. Are you 100 sure that's caused by scrapyard.(I;m not believe that this is error free mod but maybe I should look into other mod as well, or maybe there is some conflict between them) .
The best if you can reproduce it on scrapyard only save and then send me a save :) If I cannot reproduce I cannot fix it :)

Edit: Worked a little on this founded my own case so it looks that I underestimated a issue :) But don't worry I have some ideas :)

@baldamundo

Can you check this version? :) As more i dig into I know more and more :) previous fix was a hide of isse not fix of the cause now it should be better.

Edited by roxik0

@zer0Kerbal @linuxgurugamer

I believe there is currently a bug with Scrap yard and KCT's interaction.  When recovering to VAB or SPH via construction time if override funds is enabled, not only will you still receive funds and have the vessel, but some parts will be removed from your inventory that shouldn't. 

To see the bug, recover any vessel to SPH or VAB with Scrapyard and KCT installed and scrapyards override funds option enabled. Note you still have the vessel, but are also awarded a bunch of funds for the parts.

Someone check my work but I've suggested a very simple fix on git hub here (Link Removed because I didnt manage to fix anything)

Edited by NipperySlipples

18 hours ago, NipperySlipples said:

@zer0Kerbal @linuxgurugamer

I believe there is currently a bug with Scrap yard and KCT's interaction.  When recovering to VAB or SPH via construction time if override funds is enabled, not only will you still receive funds and have the vessel, but some parts will be removed from your inventory that shouldn't. 

The issue isn't with scrapyard itself, but with construction time. Long story short, KCT is calling Scrapyard's method intended for launching a vessel on vessel recovery instead. This is removing parts from the inventory and adding funds as if you were in the editor instead of adding to the inventory when you recover.

To see the bug, recover any vessel to SPH or VAB with Scrapyard and KCT installed and scrapyards override funds option enabled. Note you still have the vessel, but are also awarded a bunch of funds for the parts.

Someone check my work but I've suggested a very simple fix on git hub here https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/compare/master...NipperySlipples:patch-1?expand=1  

Are sure is it good topic? It's more about KCT not scrapyard bug.

EDIT:
Btw
New ScrapYard fix candidate :P Previously still there was some problems this time there is temporary more logs just for my debugging but it should work better. If anybody have time please test it. I also trying to test it as much as I can in my daily save :)

Edited by roxik0

@linuxgurugamer @zer0Kerbal

Sorry for this, Please ignore my previous suggested fix. As much as i don't want to admit this, I was wrong and didn't fix anything. Only hid the problem for awhile in my save. Id actually written a unit test yesterday that worked fine for 5 or 6 launches/recoveries before I posted....but well playing today i realized it was giving me wrong numbers again. So yeah, sorry.

The bug still exists. Launch any vessel with KCT and scrap yard installed (and override funds on) , recover to VAB or SPH via construction time and your funds will go up well you also keep the vessel. It can be repeated by re-launching the same vessel from storage and recovering for more free funds.  I no longer have any idea if its a problem with Scrapyard or KCT's scrap yard wrapper.  I know override funds is a forever work in progress and was never fully implemented, but this feature used to work in previous versions (the last time i looked at it would of been around KSP 1.6- 1.7).

7 hours ago, roxik0 said:

If your looking for feedback , your hotfix seems to be working well. No flow graph errors and massively reduced lag on my end. Thanks.

1 minute ago, NipperySlipples said:

@linuxgurugamer @zer0Kerbal

Sorry for this, Please ignore my previous suggested fix. As much as i don't want to admit this, I was wrong and didn't fix anything. Only hid the problem for awhile in my save. Id actually written a unit test yesterday that worked fine for 5 or 6 launches/recoveries before I posted....but well playing today i realized it was giving me wrong numbers again. So yeah, sorry.

The bug still exists. Launch any vessel with KCT and scrap yard installed (and override funds on) , recover to VAB or SPH via construction time and your funds will go up well you also keep the vessel. It can be repeated by re-launching the same vessel from storage and recovering for more free funds.  I no longer have any idea if its a problem with Scrapyard or KCT's scrap yard wrapper.  I know override funds is a forever work in progress and was never fully implemented, but this feature used to work in previous versions (the last time i looked at it would of been around KSP 1.6- 1.7).

If your looking for feedback , your hotfix seems to be working well. No flow graph errors and massively reduced lag on my end. Thanks.

Yes feedback was what I wanted :) it also should fix problem with wrong dV calculation between KER and KSP caused by messing up with part.ids. If in next 24h i will not found any errors in this fix I will put pull request for @zer0Kerbal :) So he will be able to introduce this fix in next release. 

13 minutes ago, roxik0 said:

Yes feedback was what I wanted :) it also should fix problem with wrong dV calculation between KER and KSP caused by messing up with part.ids. If in next 24h i will not found any errors in this fix I will put pull request for @zer0Kerbal :) So he will be able to introduce this fix in next release. 

I'll likewise be able to confirm the DV issue this afternoon. Just one more meeting :)

3 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I'll likewise be able to confirm the DV issue this afternoon. Just one more meeting :)

The DV issue seems to be fine, but I've also now noticed that the "Quick Apply(stored parts onto current vessel) isn't working. Zero idea if this is tied to any of the current work.

The part status flashes "1 previous use" (for example) for a moment, then goes back to being new.

4 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

The DV issue seems to be fine, but I've also now noticed that the "Quick Apply(stored parts onto current vessel) isn't working. Zero idea if this is tied to any of the current work.

The part status flashes "1 previous use" (for example) for a moment, then goes back to being new.

Did you downloaded newest version from last link? or this previous when we talked each other?

1 minute ago, roxik0 said:

Did you downloaded newest version from last link? or this previous when we talked each other?

I wasn't quite sure, TBH, so I just now grabbed this one:

So the DV does display differently on the pad vs in the VAB. Using a stock "AeroEquus" rocket, it loads in and displays 3112m/s. On the launch pad it's 3142m/s. Recovering and going back to the VAB it shows 3112 and all used parts.

Ironically, the [Quick Apply] button now works fine, but the  [New Parts] button now has the reverting behavior where it'll swap in new, then revert right back to the used part instead.

41 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Ironically, the [Quick Apply] button now works fine, but the  [New Parts] button now has the reverting behavior where it'll swap in new, then revert right back to the used part instead.

Uncheck Automatic quick apply and the new parts buttons will function properly. Its just "automatically quick applying" again as soon as you press the button. Both buttons at the bottom are meant to be un-functional when that's checked.

@roxik0 Got a chance to do a more robust test. You can reproduce flow graph errors consistently by

1) going into VAB.

2(create a ship with a tank/engine and command pod of your choosing.

3) Open scrap yard gui , uncheck auto quick apply and  press new parts.

4) remove and replace any part on the ship.

Scrap yard runs verify editor, and you get a flowgraph error on the command pod. Delta V readout goes wonky in the editor at this point. Until now its correct.

Every time you press new parts and remove/re-add a part it will do it again, changing the delta v reading every time.

[ERR 21:38:15.634] [FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part mk1pod.v2 with id 4294261816

Edited by NipperySlipples

1 hour ago, NipperySlipples said:

Uncheck Automatic quick apply and the new parts buttons will function properly. Its just "automatically quick applying" again as soon as you press the button. Both buttons at the bottom are meant to be un-functional when that's checked.

You're so right! Thank you for that gut check. Ironic UI notwithstanding. :)

• 2 months later...

This has a dependency on MagiCore per CKAN, and that is blocking install, because Magicore is not marked compatible past KSP 1.8.1. 

Is Magicore yours @zer0Kerbal?  Is this just a typical metadata issue, or does it need to be recomplied? (Also, whoever it belongs to needs to update the linked thread in the CKAN metadata, the forum post it goes to is dead, and @linuxgurugamer has a new thread already going for all the modlets, but its unclear if he has taken ownership of MagiCore).

31 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

This has a dependency on MagiCore per CKAN, and that is blocking install, because Magicore is not marked compatible past KSP 1.8.1. 

Is Magicore yours @zer0Kerbal?  Is this just a typical metadata issue, or does it need to be recomplied? (Also, whoever it belongs to needs to update the linked thread in the CKAN metadata, the forum post it goes to is dead, and @linuxgurugamer has a new thread already going for all the modlets, but its unclear if he has taken ownership of MagiCore).

Magicore is mine, and I'll get it udpated

• 1 month later...

@roxik0 -- just dropping a quick note here to let you know your latest-shared dll removed the flowgraph errors I was experiencing as well. I've been trying to hunt down some FAR issues-- I'm curious to see if these are related.

Edited by Beetlecat