[1.12.4] ScrapYard (SYD) The Common Part Inventory - v2.2.99.0-prerelease `<Project Zelda II>` edition [08 Jan 2023]

zer0Kerbal

I lost only the engine of my aircraft and when I click edit in KCT window to fix it, construction percentage shows 0% and it will took as much time as to build the aircraft completely, instead of just the engine. I tried removing ScrapYard and so; KCT showed 53% construction time without fixing and slightly less than that for fixing the engine. I am confused about this. Anyone encountered similar issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 2:05 PM, Alexsys said:

Gents,

For some reason Scrapyard fails to reuse Command pods, they just stack up every time, 1 use each.

When I apply it, it appears "1 previous use" for a split second, then switches to Part Is New immediately.

Command pods aren't in favor or something?

Ofc I run it with KCT and kerbalism

Writes this in the log, for some reason 

[LOG 22:03:11.816] [ScrapYard] Copied tracker. Recovered 1 times with id 2740612802
[LOG 22:03:11.816] [ScrapYard] Found inventory part on vessel that is not in inventory. Resetting. mk1pod.v2:2740612802

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ud0qj4mdn6e6087/KSP.log?dl=0   zi log

@Alexsys issue is here: https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/ScrapYard/issues/62

working on pushing out 2.2.99.0-prerelease and confirmed what you saw.

I know have a large stack of Mk1 pods in Kanford and Sons junk yard.

KSP.log:9866:[LOG 22:45:13.655] [ScrapYard] Vessel Rollout!
KSP.log:9869:[LOG 22:45:13.655] [ScrapYard] Adding build (parts)
KSP.log:9870:[LOG 22:45:13.655] [ScrapYard] mk1pod.v2 has been used 5/5/0 (T/N/I) times.
KSP.log:9871:[LOG 22:45:13.655] [ScrapYard] mk1pod.v2 has been used in 4/4/0 (T/N/I) builds.
KSP.log:9876:[LOG 22:45:13.661] [ScrapYard] OnSave
KSP.log:10272:[LOG 22:45:52.096] [ScrapYard] Found a part in inventory for mk1pod.v2
KSP.log:10273:[LOG 22:45:52.096] [ScrapYard] VerifyEditor.ApplyInventoryToVessel: 0ms
KSP.log:10274:[LOG 22:45:52.097] [ScrapYard] Copy: 0ms
KSP.log:10275:[LOG 22:45:52.097] [ScrapYard] Convert To IParts: 0ms
KSP.log:10276:[LOG 22:45:52.097] [ScrapYard] Found part on vessel with same ID as inventory part, but not matching. Resetting. mk1pod.v2:2904372386
KSP.log:10279:[LOG 22:45:52.097] [ScrapYard] Check Parts: 0ms
KSP.log:10281:	ScrapYard.Utilities.EditorHandling.VerifyEditorShip () (at <ef3e45a011a34dcb890693cee6e67d1f>:0)
KSP.log:10282:	ScrapYard.ScrapYard.VerifyEditor () (at <ef3e45a011a34dcb890693cee6e67d1f>:0)

Edited by zer0Kerbal
flocking the trees

ScrapYard! (SYD)
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Code

Version 2.2.99.0-prerelease - <Project Zelda II> edition

Release Notes

• Released
    • 08 Jan 2023
    • for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4
    • by zer0Kerbal

For best results - DO A CLEAN INSTALL; DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Summary

Spoiler
  • Recompiled for 1.12.4 with .NET 4.7.2 using C# 7.0
  • Added Agency and Flags
  • Split configs between Compatibility and Config
  • Deployed science parts now blacklisted, without a cool hat
  • fix for game settings localization string (code)
  • two releases:
    • one with and one without SYD_ContractConfigurator.dll
    • best solution right now
    • seems to work

Code

• Recompile for
    • KSP 1.12.2
      • .Net 4.7.2
      • C# 7.0
    • <ScrapYard.dll> v2.2.1.23 --> 2.2.99.89
    • <ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator.dll> v2.2.1.6 --> 2.2.99.58
  • cannot duplicate issues described in #62

Localization

• Code is localized.
    • <en-us.cfg> 1.1.0.0
    • add agent specific strings

See More

Spoiler

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

compiled with: KSP 1.12.4 — .NET 4.7.2 — C# 7.0

Release Schedule

Spoiler
  1. GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge. Right now.
  3. SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™ (the button has been pushed)

@Zelda

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to have to say this but since the latest update (I am on a fully fresh install with the latest version) the issue of the errors shown by skt2008 6 posts above have gone from an annoyance to fully breaking vehicle assembly if you have more than ~30 parts in inventory. Once I hit around this threshold the VAB/SPH began to stutter so horribly that you cant actually place parts anymore since the game cant figure out where the cursor is. The log shows around 2k errors produced in 2 min it is just infinitely looping through the parts in inventory and spitting 1-3 errors per part. Been a long time fan of the mod but this is a game breaking level issue now. Unfortunately I cant even get a log for you since the game is working so hard to spit out these errors that printing the log is actually broken. No errors showing up in the default logs and it is not causing crashes. Wish I had better info for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey sadly have to report that the FlowGraph Error still seems to linger around, probably a compatibility issue with one of my other mods? Anyways here the log maybe you can tell me what's wrong.

Started multiple new games and and reinstalled oh scrap and scrap yard multiple time issue is consistent.

https://easyupload.io/fhl1gv

Error near the end.

9 hours ago, Morphyum said:

FlowGraph Error

@Morphyum thank you for the report! +1 :rep:!

Really do appreciate the GitHub bug report as well (with logs). Very helpful.

Kindly see the post immediately above yours, and please do watch the video. It is a live stream of me trying to break SYD - and the log is shown live; along with a LogFusion filtered version.

Do you have KSPCF and or Harmony installed?

On 3/19/2023 at 1:24 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

Do you have KSPCF and or Harmony installed?

I'm not Morphyum but the log says

0Harmony v2.2.1.0
KSPCommunityFixes v1.0.0.0 / v1.24.6.0

I might note that I was also getting FlowGraph errors on the same sort of configuration (KSPCF+Harmony).

EDIT: And the FlowGraph errors completely break vanilla delta-v calculation.

Edited by TruePikachu

35 minutes ago, TruePikachu said:

I might note that I was also getting FlowGraph errors on the same sort of configuration (KSPCF+Harmony).

EDIT: And the FlowGraph errors completely break vanilla delta-v calculation.

Eureka, I believe @TruePikachu has found the probable culprit.

KSPCF mucks around inside KSP through Harmony and, well that statement is self explanatory; KSPCF fixes are well intentioned, but the laws of unintended consequences have bit them in the rear of their space suits.

I will state this in plain English - KSPCF is probably incompatible with most addons that don't use Harmony, and even some of those. Too many monkey patches affecting too many things. 

I would do another test like I livestreamed above, but installing Harmony runs afoul of the EULA/TOS (or so my legal advisor says) so I won't; however would be fun to see a plain jane install with KSPCF+SY installed and a live log open...

Edited by zer0Kerbal
flocking the trees

KSPCF deps Harmony, and I think the only thing the mod can do without it is the part manufacturer changes (which are akin to modulemanager patches).

I checked the list of patches on the forum post earlier, but none stood out significantly. That said, it should be possible to do a baseline test by disabling all the patches (via config) and, assuming the FlowGraph issue doesn't recur, determine which patches are responsible. I might be able to mess around with this about 18 hours from now, if you want.

EDIT: I lied. Tested around instead of going to sleep. Still got FlowGraph errors even without Harmony+KSPCF installed. Errors went away upon removing SYD. Screenshots from workflow in spoiler.

Spoiler

This is with SYD manually installed from release 2.2.99.0image.png

This is after SYD is removed

image.png

Both tests were performed by:

1. Recovering the previous test ship from the launchpad (via KSC screen)
  2. "Launching" the ship from here via clicking the launchpad

gVim bottom-left section is a `tail -f` of KSP.log, which ended up being a lot more useful than opening the debug console all the time. My CKAN configuration is on the far right, mainly showing what's installed for the test (note that SYD was only tested via a manual install; you can't blame CKAN for this).

Edited by TruePikachu
Image layout is hard

1 hour ago, TruePikachu said:

KSPCF deps Harmony, and I think the only thing the mod can do without it is the part manufacturer changes (which are akin to modulemanager patches).

I checked the list of patches on the forum post earlier, but none stood out significantly. That said, it should be possible to do a baseline test by disabling all the patches (via config) and, assuming the FlowGraph issue doesn't recur, determine which patches are responsible. I might be able to mess around with this about 18 hours from now, if you want.

EDIT: I lied. Tested around instead of going to sleep. Still got FlowGraph errors even without Harmony+KSPCF installed. Errors went away upon removing SYD. Screenshots from workflow in spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

This is with SYD manually installed from release 2.2.99.0image.png

This is after SYD is removed

image.png

Both tests were performed by:

1. Recovering the previous test ship from the launchpad (via KSC screen)
  2. "Launching" the ship from here via clicking the launchpad

gVim bottom-left section is a `tail -f` of KSP.log, which ended up being a lot more useful than opening the debug console all the time. My CKAN configuration is on the far right, mainly showing what's installed for the test (note that SYD was only tested via a manual install; you can't blame CKAN for this).

Kouston - we have a problem - because no such happened on the test in the video. What are the differences?

I haven't watched it yet, and certainly won't be able to within the next 9 hours (honest this time), but:

• I was having difficulty with repro inside the VAB, even using what I thought was reliable repro from my earlier attempts at getting KCT going, but when I launched the log lit up and that happened to be reliable.
  • When assembling the craft, I used alt-click duplication a lot; the upper """stage""" in my screenshots is just a flipped copy of the lower one.
  • While I don't know if it's required, some parts are "reused" from a previous test. I don't believe I started with any reused parts when I brought it out to the pad the first time (the thing previously there at first didn't have any parts in common), but all subsequent tests on the pad used parts freshly placed in the scrapyard.
  • I have no idea how serialization plays into it, since I don't believe the errors cropped up after a save/quit/reconfigure/reload cycle, but rather after a recover/relaunch.

I can probably test repro again in my save quickly and, assuming repro, I can drop it in another gist so you can check for repro.

EDIT: persistent.sfs available here. Modlist is the same as the first screenshot, and all the mods (except the particular SYD version) are on CKAN, though not all of them are listed as "compatible" with 1.12.5 (however, the worst one is compatible with 1.12.2, and their own functionality is...err...functional). Of note, there's probably a craft that uses KAS nearby the pad.

EDIT 2: Just did a repro both on-pad and in-VAB with just SYD, CC, and MM installed. Uploading footage to YouTube right now, hang tight.

EDIT 3: Video, log.

Edited by TruePikachu

I've been thinking about this a bit, and my current thoughts are:

• Is the FlowGraph error specifically from the unmodded game (i.e. present in the assembly), or does a mod provide it? I'd think the former, but want to be 100% sure. Unfortunately, I can't check the game right now, and GitHub doesn't support searching forks, so I can't check that SYD is providing it or not. But under the assumption SYD isn't providing it, my earlier experiment would indicate SYD is doing something weird (but we know something along these lines already).
  • What are the specifics of your own environment @zer0Kerbal ? I'm assuming the game itself is up to date, but do you have the expansions? What OS? Have you tested with specifically the release version of SYD on GitHub, or only on development versions?
  • In both the serialized .craft and .sfs, the persistent IDs for the parts (provided both on part root and SYD's module) match up with each other and not with those of other parts; this reflects in that loading the affected save and testing without a relaunch of the craft seems not to be triggering the issue. But, when the craft is loaded into the game onto the pad, SYD is clearly modifying the structure of the craft to handle persistent IDs (as is intended), but the full state of the craft at this point of time isn't being reflected in the serialized savegame, as a reload doesn't trigger the issue. Is the structure of the craft actually somewhat invalid as a result of SYD modifying it, but getting corrected by the serialization code?

@TruePikachu the video shows - however, 1.12.5 - KSP_x64.exe launched directly from a custom script that only archives the log before launching the game. Game is from Steam. no dlc's included (iirc, removed to speed loading game due to all the restarts).

which brings another thing into this - where is the game from? (three locations - including steam, Squad, and Epic). How is it launched? I ask because the term 'monkey patching' has come up; along with the possibility that module manager was distributed compiled in debug mode.

Yes, kindly do see if you can get a pure stock install to duplicate flowgraph.

Also - @Lisias has lots of insight into this. Let's do the whole say his name three times @Lisias @Lisias! trick to summon him! :valwink:

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

I don't think I can get pure stock to duplicate flowgraph, in that I've only gotten flowgraph when SYD is installed. I can see if removing the DLCs from the gamedata affect anything, though, as well as see what sorts of problems crop up removing MM and CC (which are listed as deps in the OP). The KSP itself is from Steam, and I've generally been launching it recently via CKAN (which I believe just invokes the x64 executable with a normal environment and no parameters; I'll verify this later, but I'm avoiding having Steam launch it because then I have to mess with the launcher etc).

EDIT 1: CKAN launches KSP with just the `-single-instance` flag

EDIT 2: I don't get flowgraph with just KSP+SYD, but I do get other errors because the MM patches aren't applied. I might try to manually apply them and see what happens.

EDIT 3: Your Config/PartBlacklist.cfg looks like it has some extra junk from Git present in it, so you might want to make sure it has what you want

EDIT 4: Yes, I very much still get flowgraph when it's just base KSP, SYD from SpaceDock, and four manually-applied part patches. E4.1: Log

Edited by TruePikachu

19 minutes ago, TruePikachu said:

extra junk

https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/ScrapYard/blob/ed18b1be749d08d2f825284a41333af41540cc8e/GameData/ScrapYard/Config/PartBlacklist.cfg

Thank you. sometimes git trash is a pain.

just to eliminate all possible possibilities, kindly start directly from KSP_x64.exe; btw - which version? Steam/Squad/Epic?

Planning on getting a hotfix out for SYD due to the git trash today/tomorrow.

Just now, TruePikachu said:

Steam version still (just copied somewhere else), I'll check direct shell launch in a while (not at computer right this moment, and it'll be a pain to test over phone remote desktop).

thank you

don't have to do it right now, and now we have eliminated even more possibilities. Scientific Method. :D

Sometimes I prefer the scientific method of driving around KSC. Anyway, direct shell launch (w/o any implied parameters) still hits flowgraph.

EDIT: For the record, I'll keep that particular copy of the KSP install around (w/ the edits I made) until this issue gets worked out, so it doesn't impact my actual game (though I might symlink a bunch of identical directories in order to save space).

Edited by TruePikachu

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 5:33 AM, Lan_Morehell said:

Good evening!

Having the same issue with "quick aply" on latest version. Its quite challenging to apply manually a whole lot of parts :)

Also a small suggestion to mod - to be able to discard automatically all parts with certain use count or safety rating....

Thanks!

Do any of the previous versions of the mod not have this issue?

Edited by Amilianus

• 2 weeks later...

I just tested v2.2.99.1-prerelease in my isolated install and the FlowGraph issue is still present.

EDIT: For completion, my reproduction steps are (with reference to this gist):

1. Manually apply the three patches listed in the diff output in the gist
  2. Run KSP with absolutely no mods other than ScrapYard installed (no ModuleManager, no DLC)
  3. Load the savegame from the gist (the notable feature of the savegame is that it has some parts in the inventory already)
  4. Enter VAB
  5. Open logging console page
  6. Expand the parts list, switch to ScrapYard inventory
  7. Construct a rocket from the stored command pod, fuel tank, and rocket engine (don't touch the fins or parachute, the patch isn't applied for those and you'll get other log spam)
  8. Once the rocket engine is added to the rocket, a number of FlowGraph errors will come up in the log.
Edited by TruePikachu
Repro steps