What nice thing happened to you today?

Vanamonde

On 3/20/2020 at 4:33 PM, Superfluous J said:

First comment in over a week on YouTube was "amazing content you deserve more subscribers"

:wub:

I of course agreee with them :D

aww good job

me? I’m just doing well. Life isn’t horrible, and I feel good, not to mention that we bought really really good chocolate.

Today I learned about the three different Moon landers that are being incorporated into Artemis, and got very excited about the moon landings that will start happening very soon with them.

I also got an email saying I should be expecting an award letter for a research proposal I made - Presumably, this means I'll be able to do my project soon.

I'll be giving a planetarium show to some classes online next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I am done with the semester, so I have time to play video games and do projects all day! I have a very interesting summer planned, even if I have to stay at home the whole time! 

My radio signal meter still hasn't shipped yet, so it will be a while before I can start doing radio astronomy. But I can do MIDI lasers in the meantime, and 3D printing is fun.

4 hours ago, cubinator said:

I am done with the semester, so I have time to play video games and do projects all day! I have a very interesting summer planned, even if I have to stay at home the whole time! 

My radio signal meter still hasn't shipped yet, so it will be a while before I can start doing radio astronomy. But I can do MIDI lasers in the meantime, and 3D printing is fun.

Ah thats fun

I still have about a month to go before i'm released (although mentally, thats already started....)

What sort of stuff are you planning on printing?

32 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Ah thats fun

I still have about a month to go before i'm released (although mentally, thats already started....)

What sort of stuff are you planning on printing?

I need to make a case that fits around an Arduino board and holds the servo in place for my laser project. Right now it's on one of those little claws for soldering circuit boards, and that's not a great final solution. I also would like to make a case that can house dozens of static lasers as an alternative display.

My radio signal dongle thingy is on its way, so in a few days I should be able to talk to the radio world in some form. Probably a Piezo buzzer. But I can change that to something more useful by voiding the hell out of the warranty!

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

@cubinator how's the HAM radio stuff going?

Well I don't know if it's even HAM. I did a test the other day measuring voltage across some bits in the signal meter. I'm thinking the next step will be removing the piezo buzzer and replacing it with a pair of wires that plug into Arduino analog input pins. Then, of course, the telescope is no use if it doesn't have a robotic scanning mount. It's kind of heavy, so I'll need some time to construct that. Here's some more information:

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.