CommNet Ground Station Editing Mod

Drew Kerman

My Google-Fu has come up lacking. Best I can find is the CommNet Constellations mod but that only lets you edit the existing stock stations not remove/add ones. Custom Barn Kit also seems to fall short of allowing this. I'm kind of surprised these stations aren't just in a config file somewhere in the Squad folder.

Did I miss anything? There's really been no real desire from the community to want to edit/add/remove these in the time since they came out? I guess everyone who wanted this was already using RemoteTech? I switched over from RT to CommNet recently with the 1.8 update to stay more compatible with Kerbalism

mebbe poke around NavUtilities, KerbinSide Remastered, or even ASET Avionics? vOv

And now that i think about it, why cant you use the RT cfgs as examples to make moar? Is the RT syntax only specific to RT?

Edited by Stone Blue

31 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

where's the commnet config file? That's the real issue here. There doesn't seem to be one

I believe it's in the same place the planet config file is.

i.e. it doesn't exist :/

2 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

There's really been no real desire from the community to want to edit/add/remove these in the time since they came out?

I don't think so. They tend to "just work" and I for one would be just as happy if Kerbin was one big commnet station.

34 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

where's the commnet config file? That's the real issue here. There doesn't seem to be one

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I believe it's in the same place the planet config file is.

i.e. it doesn't exist :/

Hmmm... I havent played with RT since before CommNet was even a thing... but I could *swear* I remembering modifying/editing/adding ground station cfgs, to add/delete ground stations from Kerbin in RT... :thinking: ... but I also dont remember if that was when I was also playing with KerbinSide installed vOv

• 8 months later...
10 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

It's now a thing that's possible with the CommNet Constellation mod

Funny thing is I actually knew that, but somehow thought there was a context/layer I was missing... :D

Maybe it was something to do with JNSQ and the need to further alter/remove ground station locations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.