permanent thrust mod

So it seems that permanent thrust mod was abandoned long ago. It would be cool to have it in newer ksp versions. I know something like this is possible in the interstellar mod but I would like to have a standalone. If the creators could make a separate mod it would be great. Also I have some experience with programming so I could to try to make it myself. If anyone has any idea of how it works in interstellar I would be grateful for the info.

I think it would make sense to have it in game. It is a standard feature in simplerockets2 or pioneer and some other space games. From what I understand it wouldn't be that hard to implement. the game would just have to stop emulating physics for each part and make a quick calculation of the orbit is change each tick. it would also make things like ion drives actually usable in a stock game even if they were nerfed to be more realistic. of course the developers decided not to do it for some reason so I would be happy to just have a mod like this.

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

You mean thrusting during non-physics warp? I wish that was a stock feature as well (maybe the ion thruster would become useful), and it is going to become a stock feature of KSP 2. Makes me wonder why this isn't stock.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. I know this mechanic was implemented in the interstellar mod but it would be nice to have it in a stock game or at least as a separate mod. I just asked the creator if he could do that, so we will see how that goes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.