[1.12.x] Routine Mission Manager

linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, miguelchico said:

Ey @linuxgurugamer

Any plan to make this compatible with 1.12 version. I tried to use it and all my command pods were removed from the game!

Thank you for your amazing work!

Try using this, I think it was added as a dependency but never got updated.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2210/SpaceTux Library

Edited by reducing

10 minutes ago, reducing said:

Try using this, I think it was added as a dependency but never got updated.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2210/SpaceTux Library

correct, i'll get it fixed in CKAN, just updated the OP.

Regarding 1.12, it should work, and I will be getting to it as part of my overall 1.12 update cycle

There's a bug with Routine Mission Manager that causes the reentry modules from the Making History DLC to fail to detach when staged, you're still able to detach the modules using the action groups.

No idea what causes it, all I know is that it happens.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/30/2021 at 6:22 PM, WelshSteW said:

Am I right in understanding that the difference between the two mods is basically that RMM allows missions to other bodies, whereas KSTS is only to Kerbin-orbit, but on the other hand RMM is only for deploying craft, whereas KSTS can automate crew transfer and refuelling missions?

• 1 month later...

Yes, I second this ^ post.  Why have 2 of these that are basically the same thing?  Will loading both cause problems?  Is one recommended over the other?  etc.   right now, I discovered I have both loaded.  So, I am wondering if I should remove one, and if so, which should I remove?

• 4 months later...
On 2/3/2022 at 8:56 AM, Bit Fiddler said:

Yes, I second this ^ post.  Why have 2 of these that are basically the same thing?  Will loading both cause problems?  Is one recommended over the other?  etc.   right now, I discovered I have both loaded.  So, I am wondering if I should remove one, and if so, which should I remove?

The two mods are fundamentally different. KSTS allows you to put a payload into orbit. RMM allows you to order logistical missions to different stations.  I find RMM works much better with different mods, KSTS seems to have some conflicts because of the way vessels spawn.

KSTS is good if it works with your mod set. It allows you to launch a rocket once and it cuts down having to constantly relaunch. RMM is best if you want complicated logistics and don't mind running everything from a station. I send everything up to my Kerbin station and then use transfer vehicles to send it out.

You can also add missions to any planet and it has the ability for re-usable rockets. I'm thankful linuxgurugamer maintains this mod even if its not popular.

Edited by reducing

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Really?  How?

Kerbal Space Transit System conflicts with a few mods because the ship doesn't seem to be classified as coming from the VAB (if that makes sense). RMM has less conflicts because the game treats the ship if it was launched from the VAB.  Mods like Baris/USI-LS wouldn't work with KSTS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.