[1.12.x] Routine Mission Manager

linuxgurugamer

4 minutes ago, reducing said:

Kerbal Space Transit System conflicts with a few mods because the ship doesn't seem to be classified as coming from the VAB (if that makes sense). RMM has less conflicts because the game treats the ship if it was launched from the VAB.  Mods like Baris/USI-LS wouldn't work with KSTS.

Can you please describe exactly what happens?  Might be better to do it in the KSTS stream

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, spaded1 said:

Can you please add a way to change arrival time function/formula? When using it, it shows arrival time of 2256 Days.....  Possibly because my ship is not normal and the algo used to calculate time is not able to handle it 

Ummm, without knowing anything about your game, I can't even comment on this  2256 days is not necissarily bad, it's merely 3+ years in a stock game, and for things really far away, that makes sense

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bizobinator said:

How well would this mod work for automating a shuttle that transfers fuel from the surface of Minmus to a station around Minmus? The page 1 stuff says I'd have to add a home body, but it also says things can get a bit squirrely? 

I don't believe it works like that. You can only send missions to vessels that are in orbit and you have already done the recorded mission. I believe Roverdudes mods allow you to transfer stuff for the surface to a vessel in orbit.

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be an issue with any parts that have ModuleCommand as well as ModuleDecouple, they automatically activate the decoupler upon switching to them while they're already in-flight.

A simple workout would be in GameData/RoutineMissionManager/CommercialOfferingsModuleManager.cfg, change the first line to:
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[ModuleDecouple]]

But there might be a deeper issue causing staging actions to happen when switching to a craft with the RMMModule.

• 1 month later...

How difficult would it be for RMM be able to handle docking parts of the same ship during the same launch, then docking that to a station normally?  Currently, if you put two items in orbit with the same launch and then dock them together, launch tracking ends and invalidates the launch.

For instance, launching a rocket with an Apollo CSM and an Apollo mission module (docks on both ends), docking the CSM to the MM, then docking the completed vessel to a station.

2 hours ago, MgnfcntBstrd said:

How difficult would it be for RMM be able to handle docking parts of the same ship during the same launch, then docking that to a station normally?  Currently, if you put two items in orbit with the same launch and then dock them together, launch tracking ends and invalidates the launch.

For instance, launching a rocket with an Apollo CSM and an Apollo mission module (docks on both ends), docking the CSM to the MM, then docking the completed vessel to a station.

Beyond the scope of the mod, and not planning on doing that.  Would be a lot of work for very little payback

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 4:27 PM, Bej Kerman said:

"Start tracking" button disappears when I set my orbit around Bop. Do I have to do a full mission if I just need to test this mod?

8 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

What criteria must a vessel fulfill for the "Start Tracking" button to show up?

Been a while but you would need to check the Allowed  Bodies file, Bop probably isn’t in it.  The mod was made for Kerbin and its moons, see the Op for more details

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Been a while but you would need to check the Allowed  Bodies file, Bop probably isn’t in it.  The mod was made for Kerbin and its moons, see the Op for more details

Hm.

I don't see why the mod by default doesn't let you use it anywhere else.

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Hm.

I don't see why the mod by default doesn't let you use it anywhere else.

Because of travel time and flight windows, I guess.  Mun and Minmus are close enough so that, essentially, you can launch an identical mission to them about once a day.  In reality more often, but you get the idea, I hope.

Going to any other planet would then technically require the mod to need to calculate a transfer window, which, depending on the destination, could only come once every few years.  

If you want to ignore the fact that a vessel built for the optimum transfer window can automatically be sent when the transfer window is extremely sub-optimum, then go ahead and modify the AllowedBodies.txt file and add the destinations you want it to go to.

On 3/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, Cloakedwand72 said:

Love the concept of the mod! One problem I encountered was when I try to register a docking port I can’t seem enter in my name for chosen docking port also it doesn’t highlight it. How do I mitigate that issue?

i have the same problem register docking port is not doing anything 

i click register docking ports in the menu window, then click register docking port on the docking port, type in a name and click register but nothing happens

its not showing up in the registered list 

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried this with a couple launches, but it wasn't perfect. I checked how long the mission should take, went back to the KSC screen and time warped past the allotted time shown and when I went back to my destination vessel it took a few attempts to switch out of map mode, and when I was able to go to the ship screen my new launched vessel was there but NOT docked. I still had to do that manually.

So, is there a trick to know exactly how long to wait before coming back to my destination craft? Like Bon Voyage halts warp and lets you know when your rover arrives, something like that would be awesome. 

Additionally,  does this mod take into consideration other mods like Stage Recovery? I didn't pay 100% attention to the money but there were no indicators in the 'events' tab as to stages recovered like there were when I fly the launches manually. 

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

I just tried this with a couple launches, but it wasn't perfect. I checked how long the mission should take, went back to the KSC screen and time warped past the allotted time shown and when I went back to my destination vessel it took a few attempts to switch out of map mode, and when I was able to go to the ship screen my new launched vessel was there but NOT docked. I still had to do that manually.

Yes, you still have to dock

So, is there a trick to know exactly how long to wait before coming back to my destination craft? Like Bon Voyage halts warp and lets you know when your rover arrives, something like that would be awesome. 

I'd have to look

Additionally,  does this mod take into consideration other mods like Stage Recovery? I didn't pay 100% attention to the money but there were no indicators in the 'events' tab as to stages recovered like there were when I fly the launches manually.

No.  SR monitors the game, and reacts when the game destroys something in the atmosphere  This mod doesn't do that at all

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes, you still have to dock

I'd have to look

No.  SR monitors the game, and reacts when the game destroys something in the atmosphere  This mod doesn't do that at all

Thanks for the responses! 

• 6 months later...
On 3/19/2020 at 6:34 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

forum user @PrivateFlip wrote this a number of years ago.  Original thread here:https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/77308-14-routine-mission-manager-v032/

With his permission, I've adopted it

Routine Mission Manager

This mod allows a player to track flights to vessels and station in orbit of Kerbin and it's moons.

After completion of the original flight, repeat flights can be ordered at stations and vessels in orbit.

These flight will happen in the background, cost money and will take time to complete. After completion the mission vehicle will be found docked on the station or vessel.

The mission vehicle can also be ordered to automatically return to Kerbin.

(Only missions which start at KSP and end with a docking event in orbit of Kerbin or its moons are supported.)

Availability

Available via CKAN

Dependencies

Changes from previous version:

Updated for KSP 1.8
    Created Changelog file from release history on Spacedock
    Added support for ClickThroughBlocker
    Updated button graphic
    Replaced stock toolbar code with ToolbarController
    Added alternate skin
    Added settings page
    Improved layout of various screens by merging lines as appropriate, not having only one item (label or data) per line
    Fixed some typos in variable names
    Added some spacing to manual

Manual

There is an in game manual detailing the operation of the mod. When placing a vessel on the launch pad or runway or viewing a vessel in orbit around Kerbal, Mun and Minmus the 'rmm' button will appear in the ksp button bar. This button will open the routine mission manager menu which will contain a 'Manual' option.

The mod is operational for Kerbin and it's moons. This can however be changed by altering the AllowedBodies.txt and HomeBodies.txt files of the mod, especially relevant for those using planet mods.

An AllowedBodies.txt and HomeBodies.txt file are present in the RoutineMissionManager folder in GameData. Both can be edited to edit and change the allowed bodies and the home bodies the mod works with. Planetary body names are case sensitive. Each planetary body should be placed on a new line in the file. Allowed bodies defines the planetary bodies can have their orbit be a destination for repeat missions handled by the mod. A home body defines the planetary bodies which from which launches can occur and to which missions can return to. (All basic functionality should function with multiple home bodies, but the mod logic is geared towards a single home body and could display somewhat weird behaviour from a game play point of view.)

-------------

Written by PrivateFlip for the KSP community

Commercial Offerings is released under a modified BSD license. See source code for license text.

This mod makes use of Module Manager, made by ialdabaoth. Currently Module Manager is being maintained by sarbian (KSP forum link)

ialdabaoth has stated the following: "Plugin developers and other modders have my explicit permission to redistribute this dll with their own works, so long as you give credit to me and provide a URL back to this forum post." ialdabaoth forum post for Module Manager on the KSP forum can be reached with the following URL:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31342-0-20-ModuleManager-1-3-for-all-your-stock-modding-needs

Special thanks to sarbian. Besides maintaining the extremely useful Module Manager, sarbian's Kerbal Crew Manifest showed me all steps related to the basic crew handling.

Special thanks to NavyFish's whose Docking Port Alignment Indicator showed how to calculate the angle I needed to rotate the docking port of the arriving vessel towards the destination vessel.

Will this let you launch relays?

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.