[1.12.x] Routine Mission Manager

linuxgurugamer

forum user @PrivateFlip wrote this a number of years ago.  Original thread here:https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/77308-14-routine-mission-manager-v032/

With his permission, I've adopted it

Routine Mission Manager

This mod allows a player to track flights to vessels and station in orbit of Kerbin and it's moons.

After completion of the original flight, repeat flights can be ordered at stations and vessels in orbit.

These flight will happen in the background, cost money and will take time to complete. After completion the mission vehicle will be found docked on the station or vessel.

The mission vehicle can also be ordered to automatically return to Kerbin.

(Only missions which start at KSP and end with a docking event in orbit of Kerbin or its moons are supported.)

Availability

Available via CKAN

Dependencies

Changes from previous version:

Updated for KSP 1.8
    Created Changelog file from release history on Spacedock
    Added support for ClickThroughBlocker
    Updated button graphic
    Replaced stock toolbar code with ToolbarController
    Added alternate skin
    Added settings page
    Improved layout of various screens by merging lines as appropriate, not having only one item (label or data) per line
    Fixed some typos in variable names
    Added some spacing to manual

Manual

There is an in game manual detailing the operation of the mod. When placing a vessel on the launch pad or runway or viewing a vessel in orbit around Kerbal, Mun and Minmus the 'rmm' button will appear in the ksp button bar. This button will open the routine mission manager menu which will contain a 'Manual' option.

The mod is operational for Kerbin and it's moons. This can however be changed by altering the AllowedBodies.txt and HomeBodies.txt files of the mod, especially relevant for those using planet mods.

An AllowedBodies.txt and HomeBodies.txt file are present in the RoutineMissionManager folder in GameData. Both can be edited to edit and change the allowed bodies and the home bodies the mod works with. Planetary body names are case sensitive. Each planetary body should be placed on a new line in the file. Allowed bodies defines the planetary bodies can have their orbit be a destination for repeat missions handled by the mod. A home body defines the planetary bodies which from which launches can occur and to which missions can return to. (All basic functionality should function with multiple home bodies, but the mod logic is geared towards a single home body and could display somewhat weird behaviour from a game play point of view.)

-------------

Written by PrivateFlip for the KSP community

Commercial Offerings is released under a modified BSD license. See source code for license text.

This mod makes use of Module Manager, made by ialdabaoth. Currently Module Manager is being maintained by sarbian (KSP forum link)

ialdabaoth has stated the following: "Plugin developers and other modders have my explicit permission to redistribute this dll with their own works, so long as you give credit to me and provide a URL back to this forum post." ialdabaoth forum post for Module Manager on the KSP forum can be reached with the following URL:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31342-0-20-ModuleManager-1-3-for-all-your-stock-modding-needs

Special thanks to sarbian. Besides maintaining the extremely useful Module Manager, sarbian's Kerbal Crew Manifest showed me all steps related to the basic crew handling.

Special thanks to NavyFish's whose Docking Port Alignment Indicator showed how to calculate the angle I needed to rotate the docking port of the arriving vessel towards the destination vessel.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Good mod! Few things how do you register a docking port.& what if it doesn’t let you register one even if you placed it into orbit? Also why does it have a message that says not enough crew when you order a launch? Also how do you order a launch then what do you do when it says coming soon or come back later when you ordered a launch to a station etc?

Hmm. I like this, but I also like the Davon approach from long ago.  I like to "roleplay" that I'm hiring SpaceX to fly refueling missions to my fueler stations. Thanks for picking them both up! Simple bulk traffic I will use Davon, and for more specific repeatable items, I'll add in this.  Spend my time playing rocket man instead of Logistics Manager.

• 3 weeks later...

Have this error showing up in my log file from when I was trying to load up KSP with Routine Mission Manager loaded. I am also getting a dll problem with Civilian Population loaded as well. Once I remove both mods KSP loads good and runs.

[ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
CommercialOfferings 0.4.0.0 GameData\RoutineMissionManager\Plugins\CommercialOfferings.dll

I tried to report them as bugs on your Github but did not see a place to report issues.

Here is my last two log files from when I tried to load Routine Mission Manager and then when I was able to get KSP to run without it being loaded.

• 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, TomfooleryYT said:

First off, you are running KSP 1.7.3.  I'm not supporting that anymore.

Second, I need a log file from when the issue happened.  What you sent me was a "load game to main menu and exit", almost totally useless

Edited by linuxgurugamer

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First off, you are running KSP 1.7.3.  I'm not supporting that anymore.

Second, I need a log file from when the issue happened.  What you sent me was a "load game to main menu and exit", almost totally useless

maybe that was an old log file? I'm running 1.8.1. where would I find a specific log file? might be worth noting that I'm using a steam install, but I followed the instructions from the link you gave me

Edited by TomfooleryYT

Just now, TomfooleryYT said:

maybe that was an old log file? I'm running 1.8.1. where would I find a specific log file?

Well, if you read the link, you will see the following section:

Windows:
- 1.8 or newer:
 %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log

- 1.7.3 or older:
KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or
KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) or
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt

Notice that there is a section for 1.8 and newer?  I made it bigger so you can see what I'm talking about.

You sent me the output_log.txt, which is for 1.7.3 and earlier

38 minutes ago, TomfooleryYT said:

Yes, it is, the error is visible, although I have no idea why.

When you say "track a mission", can you be specific, as to which buttons you click, etc?

I probably won't be able to do anything until Sunday night, but if I get some time before I'll see what I can do

44 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When you say "track a mission", can you be specific, as to which buttons you click, etc?

I hit "start tracking", name the mission and launch. and when fmrs is supposed to start working, around the first seperation event, fmrs breaks as seen in the picture.

EDIT: If I Reload a quicksave FMRS is fixed, for some reason.

Edited by TomfooleryYT

Hi i hit a weird issue and narrowed it down to this mod. With it installed the decoupler on the KV[X]-Pods (Making History russian pods) will no longer work.

I tested this on a clean copy of 1.10.1 with only RMM [+ Dependencies]

Log here

Test Craft File

I also verified that the issue did in fact already exist on my heavily modded copy of 1.9.1

Log here

and that in all three cases (Including my main modded copy of 1.10.1) the issue went away after uninstalling RMM

• 5 months later...

Every cool mod that exists gets picked up by linuxgurugamer :) You probably have so much on your plate, but is there a way to update this mod to 1.11?

Edit: I'm sorry it does work in 1.11 it just bugs out FMRS

Edited by lensir

3 hours ago, lensir said:

Every cool mod that exists gets picked up by linuxgurugamer :) You probably have so much on your plate, but is there a way to update this mod to 1.11?

Edit: I'm sorry it does work in 1.11 it just bugs out FMRS

That's not a bug report, please be detailed and provide a log file

• 2 months later...
On 3/19/2021 at 8:31 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

That's not a bug report, please be detailed and provide a log file

Not sure if you're interested in fixing the FMRS issue but I have a log for you. Here.

When you enable tracking it blanks out FMRS and doesn't give any options to switch stages. I managed to get FMRS back by clicking on the button a few times, but it cut out in flight. The UI for RMM is also conflicting with the UI from Booster Guidance but I'm not sure that's a fixable problem.  

Thanks!

Edited by reducing
Now with a cleaner log file!

On 6/16/2021 at 7:49 PM, reducing said:

When you enable tracking it blanks out FMRS and doesn't give any options to switch stages. I managed to get FMRS back by clicking on the button a few times, but it cut out in flight. The UI for RMM is also conflicting with the UI from Booster Guidance but I'm not sure that's a fixable problem.

Not really.  Two complicated mods.

what’s the conflict with Booster Guidance?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

what’s the conflict with Booster Guidance?

When you push the BG button it switches the RMM window to the BG window, you can't use both mods at the same time. I just mentioned it because I thought it might gives clues to the general problem.

21 hours ago, reducing said:

When you push the BG button it switches the RMM window to the BG window, you can't use both mods at the same time. I just mentioned it because I thought it might gives clues to the general problem.

Oh yuck. 

I just looked at the BG code, it has a  problem.  And, as it turns out, so does RMM.

BG has this:

windowRect = GUI.Window(0, windowRect, WindowFunction, title);

that "0" is the window id, and besides not being 0, really shouldn't be hard-coded.  It's the 0 which is the problem.

RMM, while it has some special code, ends up assigning the window an id of 0, and these two confict.  Window ids must be unique.

I'll fix RMM in the next day or so.  I'll also take a look at FMRS, see if it's the same problem

Edit:  Not the same issue with FMRS

Edited by linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll fix RMM in the next day or so.  I'll also take a look at FMRS, see if it's the same problem

I went through the change log and the old thread, I don't think this mod ever had FMRS support. I was looking to see if Private Flip implemented background tracking on the mod and noticed the steps posted for doing the recovery, under the change log on space dock for 1.4.1. It'll be later until I can test it but maybe the mod works other than the issue with the UI window.

Edit: I got it to work when I followed the instructions. It was a bit clunky to pull off but it deducted my booster from the total of the launch. It makes FMRS act weird, the box would follow my curser around when I used right click to move. Here is the log.

Edited by reducing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.