Spaceplane with raptors, long range atmospheric flight?

How do I most efficient do long range atmospheric flights with an raptor powered spaceplane, as in best speed and attitude.

More specific can I realistically fly this Layte spaceplane  from the equator to the north pole land and fly back? 
DcQ5Yti.png
Pretty simple design, Nose cone, inline cockpit, two passenger modules, an mk1 fuel tank with 400 fuel, an material science module, equipment bay with science power and some other stuff, docking port. 
Two wing connector A with an small elevon, Air intake, three FL3-T400 tank with 180 liquid fuel, another equipment bay with science and power and an raptor. 
Delta wings, plane is pretty easy to fly both at high and low speed, three sets of wheels, rear one is raised for takeoff. it can reach orbit with around 800 m/s dV on Kerbin. 
Modified this by removing the docking port added  another equipment bay with an rover seat and a rear nose cone as I have OSE Workshop mod and can add parts so drop tanks is an option. 

Fly as high as you can, as fast as you can, without burning up. The rapiers will probably take you to 1500 m/s, but your plane may overheat on Laythe at that speed.

But yes, you can fairly easily fly from Kerbin's equator to the poles and back on 400 fuel. So you should be able to do it on Laythe too.

Edited by bewing

45 minutes ago, bewing said:

Fly as high as you can, as fast as you can, without burning up. The rapiers will probably take you to 1500 m/s, but your plane may overheat on Laythe at that speed.

But yes, you can fairly easily fly from Kerbin's equator to the poles and back on 400 fuel. So you should be able to do it on Laythe too.

Thanks a lot, will do some dry run on Kerbin as also need their polar biome. Plane has 1480 LF, a bit of oxidizer for the fuel cells was a bit disappointed the rapiers did not generate electricity, jet engines generally does but rocket engines generating electricity is an KSP only thing as far as I know. 

I will need an second design for water landings to map all the biomes, an tailsitter might be easiest here, this don't need to reach orbit, any ideas? My ultimate KSP1 game is to map all the biomes :) 
Got 6 on Eve but all but the original accent craft was defect as in missing engines on 3rd stage and decopler on 4rd stage :o

Program might have been terminated in a bit of an rage as I could harvested parts from the ships. 
IHDUH5Xh.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.