[1.10.1.2] The Martian for KSP (MAV Release)

bcink

On 8/20/2020 at 9:48 PM, bcink said:

Thank you! I've been on hiatus for some time so at the moment, nothing additional. It is not forgotten. I will try and put some time in on this :)

Dude this is entirely understandable. Getting suspension working is full on crap for some reason. 

I could give it a try if you still have em @-ctn-

I really don't think I do, but give me a couple days to dig around and find my old back up drives. I think I remember seeing some KSP stuff on one, though I thought it was just the release .zips.

On 8/20/2020 at 12:14 PM, TheKurgan said:

Those wheels look sooo nice though. Perhaps someone, some other modder, who has more experience with wheels, and suspension could get them working for you... if you still have the models.

Honestly, all it was is the TR-2 or whatever wheel with a new texture and the suspension from the RoveMax model. Part of the reason I decided to not work harder on it was because it technically isn't my modeling work, I would be repackaging Squad's stuff which I feel is a no-no. The texture is nice though, so as I said above,  I'll dig around and see if I can find the old assets (low chance, but hey) and hand them over to @bcink

On 7/10/2020 at 11:40 PM, DefenderX1 said:

Ahh.. things get confusing when you have two mods that add the same thing w/ the same name... :confused:

Mine was in development quite a while before the other modder released his, but he did end up releasing his like a week or two before me.

Edited by -ctn-

On 8/21/2020 at 11:57 AM, Mattmillze said:

The solar panel on the battery seems to activate along the wrong axis. It only shows sun exposure when the sun is facing the aft portion of the battery. (the back, not the top where the panels appear to be located). I'm on 1.10.1

Yep, it sure is. Heck. Thanks for the report. I will hold on pushing an update for only that right now. I would like to get some more work going on the MAV.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

What robotic Arm mod would you all recommend for this vehicle stock like from the movie?

I personally recommend custom arms from Breaking Ground, since so far all the Add-ons that add this like HTRobotics and Kerbolrise literally clip through the ship, and locking the parts doesnt work.

So yeah custom arms all the way!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 11:43 AM, Commodore_32 said:

I personally recommend custom arms from Breaking Ground, since so far all the Add-ons that add this like HTRobotics and Kerbolrise literally clip through the ship, and locking the parts doesnt work.

So yeah custom arms all the way!

They are too big though?

On 9/26/2020 at 2:21 PM, Tonka Crash said:

@bcink I was wondering if you would consider any "inspired by" extensions to this mod like a mobile science lab or storage tanks for the rover in place of the flatbed?

Most likely I will not be getting to that. If time permits, I would fix the Hermes so that it works again and just re-release the thing as it was previously was without any texture updates. If I do model anything else in the  near future it would be habitat-related.

6 minutes ago, debaker02 said:

Hey,

Looking Good; is it possible for you to add a nose code that does not have the docking port built in?  I use a CADS port from BDB.

Thanks either way!

Hey, thanks!

Yes, that is definitely no problem. I will make it happen.

On 9/30/2020 at 6:27 PM, debaker02 said:

is it possible for you to add a nose code that does not have the docking port built in?

Hey, here you go! https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouj7avzkrfht77z/cap-nodock.zip?dl=0

Just unzip and put the files into the "cap" folder.

I *slightly* increased the height of the cone and kept the parachute as well as the hinges (otherwise it's just really weird). The only colliders are on the flat piece and the nose cone though, so you can overlap a docking port a bit onto the hinges and its alright.

Cheers!

BirZ1S7.pngS9uSGik.png

f4Y4ngs.png

Edited by bcink

Hi, thank You for the awesome mod. I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately i can't get the upper stage's engines (the 4 vacuum ones) to work, they don't create thrust and only heat up the stage 2 body, as if they were obstructed by it.

Is there any trick to attach them? Thanks!

EDIT: I'm dumb. I placed them with the spike down, as i thought they were some kind of aerospike design. Should have tried that out before going to Duna :D

Edited by ElPoldo
Stupidity

2 hours ago, ElPoldo said:

Should have tried that out before going to Duna :D

Thank you!

Whoops! Fair point there though - The final "design" was sort of hodge podge - For some reason I was thinking I could keep the stages / engines combined in one part (as that's how the thing came originally) but that can't really be done and so I just cut the engines out from where they were and made it into a piece as it was. It should probably have a more clearly defined top / bottom, visually speaking.

Edited by bcink

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.