[1.10.1.2] The Martian for KSP (MAV Release)

bcink

Hi 

Minor Complaint and Request here ( Sorry )

Would You Be able make it a Selectable Retraction Length for the Legs, as When they Retract, they are Larger than about 6.5m, and that’s not even on the mods Lander Base, that’s on a 2.5m tank

this Makes them hard to Store and Fairings just look Stupid 

as An example, the Mod Near Future Launch Vehicles had a 7.5m Cargo Bay, and On the Lander Base, The Legs don’t even fit in it - Extended or Retracted

please Do Something!!!

7 hours ago, Ollz said:

please Do Something!!!

Hello friend,

I feel your pain on this. I wish it were as easy as just having them retract some more, but the problem is the part is already encountering clipping on itself. The legs really need to be re-designed to properly accommodate folding upwards. At the time of taking on this re-do mod, I was only planning on re-texturing the parts but it ended up that I did a lot of re-modeling as well but the legs didn't make the cut. I won't say I will never do it, but I'm afraid I don't think it will be any time soon if so. 

Thank you and I hope you can enjoy it still!

KsBM7Au.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @bcink, it's been a long time request of mine now fulfilled. 
I had your older version of the rover's cockpit without the "Crew Report" which I fixed today as I built my Duna Rover.  Should've checked this thread first I guess :p 
But for me the 6-kerbal pod is pure joy.  Just downloaded your mod, will be giving it a fair shake in the coming days. It's been my favorite pod for years, even when it became a bit broken over the successive game version releases.

Words cannot express how happy I am that you did this for me.
A huge thank you again !

da238dc3a982fa7dfa89055279f8fe96.jpg

[ Edit ] 
Oh you removed the engines from the pod... Well darnit.  I can add some ant engines and duck them somewhat inside, but ... merp.
Still gonna use it, but it was nice to have dedicated sound/engines so I could use the pod for very low-G moons.

if/when you feel like modding a bit again, if you want you could re-implement the engines.
Until then I'm gonna mod a variant of the twitch 24-77 engines and stick 4 of them on the pod.  By adding the fuel back in too, it'll do the job just fine.

Thanks again.

[ Edit 2 ]
Umm the landing gears have been taken out as well.  That's really not a big deal tho.
Yeah, did I mention it was my favorite capsule?  That's why I'm noticing all the little changes. 
Tho I'll say the base mass reduction is pretty nice !

On 1/20/2021 at 6:44 PM, bcink said:

yes indeed it does!

I'm not seeing anything in the files/patches that would allow it to make it's own fuel... Was the answer serious?

Edited by Francois424
Spelling and Discovery !

On 2/23/2021 at 5:09 PM, Francois424 said:

I'm not seeing anything in the files/patches that would allow it to make it's own fuel... Was the answer serious?

Oops. Sorry, you're right. I confused this and Duna Direct. It doesn't have the option to create it's own fuel. Though, if necessary, it should be pretty easy to copy the ISRU patch and modify it to the Stage 1 part here.

• 1 month later...

The mod is great! Loved it and totally worth downloading.....

I was just curious to ask if you can add cool IVA for the rover so that it doesn't look boring from inside. I mean it looks good but I think would look cool if the IVA would sort of match with the movie:D

Either of the two would be fine/look great

aCpv3I1.jpeg

tuXfOXK.jpeg

Thank you in advance!

9 hours ago, KallangoVerde said:

I'm starting a new career mode and there are going to be some specific mods or parts of them. I would like to have only the MAV of this mod, without the rover ... is that possible?

Delete the AresRover-folder inside of \TM4KSP\Parts.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, adriangm44 said:

Yeah I know. But the original author discontinued updating the mod... Even the topic got closed...

But the Download is working. And as far as I know it is only a partmod and should work in 1.12.x. So, I don`t think there is a need for an update.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 3:20 PM, Cheesecake said:

But the Download is working. And as far as I know it is only a partmod and should work in 1.12.x. So, I don`t think there is a need for an update.

Yes but the IFV is broken!

Anyway to make the small crane for the rover like in the movie to lift things with?

With Non-Stockalike parts!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.