[1.10.1.2] The Martian for KSP (MAV Release)

bcink

• 2 weeks later...

As best I can tell, the Ares Cap docking port is not crew-passable.  Is there any way I can fix this on my end with a .CFG tweak or something?  If not, consider this an update request.

[EDIT]  Couple of side-notes:  CLS and Waterfall support would be awesome.  Overall, still digging the mod.

Edited by SilverlightPony

Hey, same user as SilverlightPony above, just moved to a new account since this forum software doesn't support changing usernames.

Turns out that even with "Allow Unrestricted Crew Transfers" and "Enable Optional Passable Parts" checked, CLS was still blocking crew transfers involving TM4KSP parts, so I worked up a patch to add CLS support to them.  I suggest naming the file Ares-CLS.cfg and placing it in the existing Patches folder.  All I ask is that the credit comments be left in.

Spoiler
//Patch for TM4KSP to add ConnectedLivingSpace support.

//The first version of this patch was created by KSP forum user Silvia Dragoness, and covers the following parts:
// - Ares Command Pod
// - Ares Cap
// - Ares Lander Frame
// - Ares Stage 1 Body
// - Ares Stage 2 Body
// - Ares Rover Cockpit

//MAV pod
@PART[Ares-MAV-Pod]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
    }
}

//MAV cap (Docking Port)
@PART[Ares-MAV-Cap]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }
}

//MAV stage 2
@PART[Ares-MAV-Stage2]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
	MODULE
	{
		passable = true
		impassablenodes = Engine1&Engine2&Engine3&Engine4
	}
}

//MAV stage 1
@PART[Ares-MAV-Stage1]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
	MODULE
	{
		passable = true
		impassablenodes = Engine1&Engine2&Engine3&Engine-i-1&Engine-i-2&Engine-i-3
	}
}

//MAV lander
@PART[Ares-MAV-Lander]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
	MODULE
	{
		passable = true
		impassablenodes = Engine1&Engine2&Engine3
	}
}

//Ares rover cockpit
@PART[Ares-Cockpit]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
	MODULE
	{
		passable = false
	}
}

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/13/2022 at 4:27 AM, Dhruv said:

IVA for the rover?!

Hey, Ah I see.. Probably won't be getting to this. Combination of factors on my end. 

If you want to try and do-up the interior, I can share the source files with you.

• 9 months later...

Anyone been having  a problem with the lander wanting to always tip head first?

Been trying to use it on Duna in JNSQ and found it always wanted to turn nose down even with a center of mass near the bottom of the craft

The aerodynamic overlay shows it being right up with the command pod near the top of the craft, could this be the reason for the wanting to flip over?

Changing the center of mass and adding weights on the bottom wont counteract it, i always have to put an excessive amount of drogue chutes at the top to keep the engines pointing down (using JNSQ so no normal chutes on duna)

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 12:36 PM, Blufor878 said:

I just wanted to pop by to let you guys know you have a really good parts mod here. I've went ahead and made it available on KerbalX for people to try.
https://kerbalx.com/ManateeAerospace/Ares-MAV

Thank you!!

On 3/18/2023 at 3:54 PM, Rakete said:

Hi there. Do the engines have Waterfall support?

No, sorry. I think it was just released right around the last update to this.

On 1/22/2023 at 1:41 PM, zztops said:

Anyone been having  a problem with the lander wanting to always tip head first?

Been trying to use it on Duna in JNSQ and found it always wanted to turn nose down even with a center of mass near the bottom of the craft

The aerodynamic overlay shows it being right up with the command pod near the top of the craft, could this be the reason for the wanting to flip over?

Changing the center of mass and adding weights on the bottom wont counteract it, i always have to put an excessive amount of drogue chutes at the top to keep the engines pointing down (using JNSQ so no normal chutes on duna)

Have not heard of this one before.. Did it ever stop?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 7:37 PM, Silvia Dragoness said:

Definitely not expecting it any time soon, but once the KSP2 mod-dev scene is a bit more developed, I'd love to see a KSP2 version of this mod.

Aye, I second that notion!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.