Emissive animation not working?

So I may be incorrect here in how it's supposed to work, but I can preview the animation in Unity, so I'm not really sure what's happening.

I have a gradient emissive set up in Unity as per the stickied thread in this forum, and I want it to work as the engine is throttled (engine color changes through the throttle range and all that). However, in-game it doesn't seem to do anything at all, and the texture is stuck showing the emissive texture itself. Like I said though, the animation can be viewed in Unity and the colors change through the gradient range.

Is this a config issue of how I'm setting up the animation? Or is it an export/model setup issue?

On 3/22/2020 at 11:35 PM, Box of Stardust said:

So I may be incorrect here in how it's supposed to work, but I can preview the animation in Unity, so I'm not really sure what's happening.

I have a gradient emissive set up in Unity as per the stickied thread in this forum, and I want it to work as the engine is throttled (engine color changes through the throttle range and all that). However, in-game it doesn't seem to do anything at all, and the texture is stuck showing the emissive texture itself. Like I said though, the animation can be viewed in Unity and the colors change through the gradient range.

Is this a config issue of how I'm setting up the animation? Or is it an export/model setup issue?

maybe, but how do you want we know it? you don't show your model, config, etc...

(p.s: i made some engine working with emissive)

Update: So, it turns out the emissive gradient is working, since when I hover to place the part, the animation plays through the gradient before stopping on the end gradient.

So clearly the animation part has been properly baked into the model, but it's not implemented properly somewhere.

Problem solved.

I have a model with multiple separate meshes, and it turns out each mesh needs its own unique emissive animation assigned to it, and a separate AnimateThrottle module in the config for each animation as well. However, they can all be on the same animation layer in the config file.

geez, I gave up on this for 10 months.

Edited by Box of Stardust

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.