How many of you are on lockdown?

Klapaucius

40 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

They say “practice social distancing” as the nice way. But I think legally aren’t like all restaurants legally obliged to be locked?

Not where I am. They all are, but that's due to a combination of lack of staff, lack of customers, self-interest, and social pressure.

There was a bar downtown that wasn't closing and our local "guy who sticks microphones in people's faces" guy went in and stuck a microphone in his face. There were no police present.

Edited by 5thHorseman

18 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

They say “practice social distancing” as the nice way. But I think legally aren’t like all restaurants legally obliged to be locked?

In BC restaurants must be takeout or delivery only, no dining in. “Skip the Dishes” must be booming....

The word in Canada is “For the love of little green apples just STAY HOME! (or I’ll say it again!) Don’t make me order a lockdown!!!”

Gas is the cheapest in about twenty years, but there’s nowhere to go. Time to explore the backcountry around here, I guess. As long as nobody else got there first...

18 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

stupid mobile wont let me delete this......

Edited by StrandedonEarth

18 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Gas is the cheapest in about twenty years, but there’s nowhere to go. Time to explore the backcountry around here, I guess. As long as nobody else got there first...

Our shooting range is the national forest, so we keep saying that we need to go shooting some Saturday. (Since you can't get much more socially distant than that.) But, believe it or not, things keep interfering. Last weekend my wife had to go into work on both Saturday and Sunday. (Her hours are weird right now, since her work shut down the outpatient PT clinic. So she's taking hours whenever she can get them.) And this weekend is truck maintenance extravaganza weekend. (240,000 miles, still going strong!) But next weekend we're going. PEW PEW PEW! :)

21 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Our shooting range is the national forest, so we keep saying that we need to go shooting some Saturday. (Since you can't get much more socially distant than that.) But, believe it or not, things keep interfering. Last weekend my wife had to go into work on both Saturday and Sunday. (Her hours are weird right now, since her work shut down the outpatient PT clinic. So she's taking hours whenever she can get them.) And this weekend is truck maintenance extravaganza weekend. (240,000 miles, still going strong!) But next weekend we're going. PEW PEW PEW! :)

The one good thing about tradgedies Is that it unites mankind... even if for a brief period, we see each other as humans, rather than 'aliens' from another country.

People are more empathetic and sympathetic... which is not the norm.

It also allows time to get caught up on stuff that needs doing, or even to reevualate our goals and plans.

I am very concerned that Mexico will be hit HARD. 

According to reports, they have not been on lockdown despite the plague, so it might end tragically for them.

Edited by Spacescifi

2 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

The one good thing about tradgedies Is that it unites mankind... even if for a brief period, we see each other as humans, rather than 'aliens' from another country.

People are more empathetic and sympathetic... which is not the norm.

And each time we grow back stronger. Algae and bacteria were followed by sponges and plants, the oceans were poisoned but we became insects and sharks and great reptiles who became titanic dinosaurs, and when the dinosaurs were finally put to rest the mammals rose up with empathy and emotion, agility, and finally knowledge and understanding. Now we are in another time of change, things are appearing on Earth that were unfathomable before - magical objects, gigantic structures, new chemicals. These crazy monkeys have figured out how to throw things at the stars. 

We'll survive this plague. We, Earth, will survive a long time, even if we're cut down back to the bottom. We'll come back and we'll do it better. Life in the universe is a fact.

i was already kind of a shut in. so this is business as usual for me. not sure what kind of workarounds im going to need to come up with on shopping day though. i normally shop a month at a time, though with a bunch of snack runs throughout the month. looks like the latter are going to need to be rolled into the former, and some staples are likely going to be absent. i do kind of live in a very isolated town in alaska so virus really hasn't hit us hard yet. of course that also means supply is going to be much more limited as we only got 2 grocery stores.

Edited by Nuke

6 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

nLtqfhj.png

i think of it as a bit of karma for those who make fun of nerds. they will drive themselves mad with the notion that humans need other humans to survive. i can think of no better revenge.  humans are the real virus. 

Edited by Nuke

Well where I'm studying currently (netherlands), yeah basically locked down till june. However, still see people going out for outdoor activities and what not. Basically everything is closed apart from supermarkets though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.