Jump to content

[1.12.x] GravityTurn continued - Automated Efficient Launches


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

With the last version, the mod window closes itself as soon as the ship leaves the atmosphere, creating but not executing the circularization burn.

It has always done that for me.  Not a bug as far as I know, just the way it works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rmaine said:

I hadn't yet noticed that, but it makes a lot of sense to me. Nothing more for the mod to do. Saves me having to close the window manually. Are you saying this is a problem? Hmm. I suppose perhaps if you are planning to tell it to abort and try for a better set of values. Guess I seldom do that, and almost never after leaving the atmosphere.

 

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

It has always done that for me.  Not a bug as far as I know, just the way it works.

I have Mechjeb installed and , with gravityturn, it always circularized the orbit automatically. Will have to test more to see if I am doing anything differently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

 

I have Mechjeb installed and , with gravityturn, it always circularized the orbit automatically. Will have to test more to see if I am doing anything differently.

As noted above, GravityTurn creates a node for circularization but GravityTurn alone doesn't do the circularization. What it does do is tell MechJeb to auto-execute that node. At that point, GravityTurn is done. Whether the circularization node gets auto-executed depends on 2 things. First, you have to have MechJeb installed. Second, you have to have unlocked the tech for MechJeb's maneuver planning. That's... just a sec while I check...Advanced Flight Control. You say you have MechJeb installed, but I'll offer the guess that perhaps you haven't unlocked the right tech yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rmaine said:

As noted above, GravityTurn creates a node for circularization but GravityTurn alone doesn't do the circularization. What it does do is tell MechJeb to auto-execute that node. At that point, GravityTurn is done. Whether the circularization node gets auto-executed depends on 2 things. First, you have to have MechJeb installed. Second, you have to have unlocked the tech for MechJeb's maneuver planning. That's... just a sec while I check...Advanced Flight Control. You say you have MechJeb installed, but I'll offer the guess that perhaps you haven't unlocked the right tech yet.

I forgot to say that it was working and then stopped working, so all prerequisites where met. But it works now, so probably operator error.

Edited by Tacombel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rmaine said:

I hadn't yet noticed that, but it makes a lot of sense to me. Nothing more for the mod to do. Saves me having to close the window manually. Are you saying this is a problem? Hmm. I suppose perhaps if you are planning to tell it to abort and try for a better set of values. Guess I seldom do that, and almost never after leaving the atmosphere.

This is normal, and has been this way for a while, since long before I adopted it

1 hour ago, Tacombel said:

I have Mechjeb installed and , with gravityturn, it always circularized the orbit automatically. Will have to test more to see if I am doing anything differently.

GravityTurn uses Mechjeb to do the circularization burn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And I wasn't even aware of that, good to know.  But the button is there now, so I'll leave it

It's never exactly been well advertised- more of a word of mouth thing. I don't remember if it was Overengineer1 or AndyMt who put it in, but I think they originally used it to reset quickly while testing the mod. They brought it up on one of the old threads for similar reasons to you adding the new button, and it's just been one of those things where if you knew you knew, and it was unlikely you would just stumble across it if you didn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

hi, when you have a little time could you please fix the visual issue arisen in the last update regarding the blank space between "Destination Height (km)" and "Roll".
In short the "Destination Height (km)" occupies 2 lines instead of one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, antipro said:

hi, when you have a little time could you please fix the visual issue arisen in the last update regarding the blank space between "Destination Height (km)" and "Roll".
In short the "Destination Height (km)" occupies 2 lines instead of one.

Pic, please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/29/2021 at 2:49 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.8.2.1

thx for this update.
anyway I have a recent issue that is independent from it.
Cause I had the same issue before the update too.

In few words: when I use GT to take off from Eeloo the game crash as soon as the Pe is mayor than 0 and the vessel altitude is 5200m.
A few times it worked without any crash but I can't figure out what's the cause. Never happened before.
If I launch manually I have no crash.

here's a video from the surface to the crash:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppg4d9hg9u7u9a1/2021-08-29 20-42-25.mkv?dl=0
here's both the log files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qxwappyhyzrun41/AADl5zP8MY5hLOKgmNzwndf_a?dl=0


edit: here! after a multiple number of attempts, even from older saves, without any apparent reason or change on my part, the launch worked perfectly.

no%20crash.png?dl=1

until now... the crashes occurred again..
now also MJ adv transfer works only when he wants...
mysteries ... I knew this mission was cursed.

This is me soon:
pc%20rage.gif?dl=1

Edited by antipro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer
Hi. I've modified the vessel, adding some dV, and I've repeated the same damned mission, anyway I'm still experiencing the game crash behavior.
While I'm doing the GT ascent maneuver, the following message appears for 1 second: "#autoLOC_8002326", is it from GT?
Does it come from elsewhere? You know what that means?

autoloc%20-%20crash.jpg?dl=1

Edited by antipro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, antipro said:

Hi. I've modified the vessel, adding some dV, and I've repeated the same damned mission, anyway I'm still experiencing the game crash behavior.
While I'm doing the GT ascent maneuver, the following message appears for 1 second: "#autoLOC_8002326", is it from GT?
Does it come from elsewhere? You know what that means?

Not Gravity Turn, sorry.

Looks like it's in Serenity, and the message is:  

" Cannot Deploy Part as it is not on the surface of a planet." (got it from the Localization dictionary)

For situations like this, when you are looking for text, you can get a free program called File Locator, easy to you and pretty fast

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't know what Serenity is.. anyway it now occurred to me:
I'm quite sure is the text I saw sometimes replacing the "Pick Up Part" button  of the small lamps I dropped on the terrain.
But in this mission I do not see it,
even if I have 2 lamps on the terrain.

Edited by antipro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, antipro said:

Don't know what Serenity is.. anyway it now occurred to me:
I'm quite sure is the text I saw sometimes replacing the "Pick Up Part" button  of the small lamps I dropped on the terrain.
But in this mission I do not see it,
even if I have 2 lamps on the terrain.

"Serenity" is what the game calls the robotics expansion thingy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, jefferyharrell said:

"Serenity" is what the game calls the robotics expansion thingy.

ah ok thx , you mean the Breaking Ground DLC? I dont have it.
anyway I've read some old posts and if I've understood well, "#AutoLOC_numbers" is a part of the game, a sort of "string not found".
well, I stop here as GT is not involved. I'll maybe open a thread in technical support.

Edited by antipro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Is there a way to load a saved parameter set? I ask because it links a parameter set to a vessel name, but I like to use a naming convention that changes each launch, so I have a text file with the parameters for each rocket and input them manually. I also have a set for polar and for equatorial launches, so a loanding function might be nice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, VaPaL said:

Is there a way to load a saved parameter set? I ask because it links a parameter set to a vessel name, but I like to use a naming convention that changes each launch, so I have a text file with the parameters for each rocket and input them manually. I also have a set for polar and for equatorial launches, so a loanding function might be nice

No, sorry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...