Can not start ksp in 1.9.1

Last days i always play ksp in 1.6.1ver , since i upgrade the game to 1.9.1, after click the start game button in steam, only a black screen are shown with a Immovable progress bar even waiting for minutes. And there is no problem when i back to 1.6.1. Also, i have tried reinstall the game with no mods but can not fix it.

screenshot:https://www.dropbox.com/s/y34066ppdxcaalq/Screenshot(52).png?dl=0

player.log:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovzdtpwkz2593z8/Player.log?dl=0

Welcome to the forum :)

That's a weird issue, your game throws a "TimeZoneNotFoundException" which apparently prevent your game to load.

You should check a few things:

1) Open the date/time settings of windows and check if a timezone is set for your pc. If not, set the correct timezone there and try to start the game again.

2) Check the windows registry: Open the windows search and type "regedit" to find and start the registry editor. Then navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation" and you should find various informations about the configured timezone:

Spoiler

tXfkDtA.png

Write down the value of "TimeZoneKeyName", in my example it would be "W. Europe Standard Time", for you, I guess it should be "China Standard Time"

Now, navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones" and check, if there is an entry with the same name you've noted before.

Spoiler

gFI6JeU.png

If any of these entries in your registry is missing, then it is the cause of your issue and we have to figure, how we can fix it.

8 hours ago, linqian said:

Last days i always play ksp in 1.6.1ver , since i upgrade the game to 1.9.1, after click the start game button in steam, only a black screen are shown with a Immovable progress bar even waiting for minutes. And there is no problem when i back to 1.6.1. Also, i have tried reinstall the game with no mods but can not fix it.

screenshot:https://www.dropbox.com/s/y34066ppdxcaalq/Screenshot(52).png?dl=0

player.log:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovzdtpwkz2593z8/Player.log?dl=0

Do you have Steam Cloud Saving Enabled? 

Disable it from everywhere just in case, you never know.

It might be that even with clean install the steam cloud brings back the problem.

Edited by Boyster

16 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

2) Check the windows registry: Open the windows search and type "regedit" to find and start the registry editor. Then navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation" and you should find various informations about the configured timezone:

Reveal hidden contents

tXfkDtA.png

Write down the value of "TimeZoneKeyName", in my example it would be "W. Europe Standard Time", for you, I guess it should be "China Standard Time"

Thank you very much, my friend! The problem is solved. The "TimeZoneKeyName" has no value here, after write down the right value, I can finally start the game.And i must say sorry to you as i don't know how to reply you at the first, when i click the "report post" there is a text box, so i writed in it and clicked the button.Hope it won"t cause you trouble.

Edited by linqian

3 hours ago, linqian said:

Thank you very much, my friend! The problem is solved. The "TimeZoneKeyName" has no value here, after write down the right value, I can finally start the game.And i must say sorry to you as i don't know how to reply you at the first, when i click the "report post" there is a text box, so i writed in it and clicked the button.Hope it won"t cause you trouble.

Glad to hear I was able to help you :)

Don't worry about the false report, the mods in this forum will easily figure out that it was a mistake :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.