Getting involved in the community.

Cloakedwand72

What are good ways on how to get yourself out their & involved with the community. Am wanting to find people to date but if not at least make friends if not even that at least talk to good people & get involved with group activities with people I.e get into some reindeer games so to speak & also accepted bye people also. This is what I want to work on doing when global society comes back to normal.

Edited by Cloakedwand72

While it's not a good time to get out and about at the moment I have found that joining groups you share interests with is very rewarding. You might use this time to research some of the interests you have or have had in the past and see what community groups are around your area. While I would like to reiterate it is probably a bad idea to go out in search of company at this time you might find a local group that has an online presence and say hello. It's also a bit easier to meet a partner when you share a common interest - that's how I met my wife.

6 hours ago, James Kerman said:

While it's not a good time to get out and about at the moment I have found that joining groups you share interests with is very rewarding. You might use this time to research some of the interests you have or have had in the past and see what community groups are around your area. While I would like to reiterate it is probably a bad idea to go out in search of company at this time you might find a local group that has an online presence and say hello. It's also a bit easier to meet a partner when you share a common interest - that's how I met my wife.

Yeah agree. I’m kinda using this time to clear my mind & form a game plan for when things get back to global norm. Also am hoping to seek people out with minimal stress of having to compete for other guys etc. Are their good sources on the internet about this topic?

9 hours ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Am wanting to find people to date but if not at least make friends if not even that at least talk to good people & get involved with group activities with people I.e get into some reindeer games so to speak & also accepted bye people also.

Met my fiance online, go for it! Actually a pretty good time to reach out this way I reckon what with people being at home in front of their own computers. (Would it count as War profiteering? lol)

Spoiler

HotTip: guys are (and Im a guy), generally, unbeliveable ^&$&*heads on dating websites. Its half advantage (normal people seem like saints) and half disadvantage (you have to fight against the assumption that you are one of the bad ones). Be normal, for the love of god! And reveal a bit about yourself, dont do the "If you are interested, ask me more!" - anyone will just move on to the next profile that they dont have to enquire about to see if you arent bori

And it goes without saying, I hope. No nudity whatsoever.

Treat it as if looking for friends, thats how it always starts in any context anyway. I actually had a good time meeting different people, it (obviously) didnt go very far with most but it was fun. Even had one girl tell me she wasnt interseted, but would I like to join their pub quiz team?

A couple other things I have going on:

• I moved to this area recently and saw an old building waiting for development nearby. There is a petition to have it bought by a firm that will make it into a community space and cinema. I even reached out to my local councillor (which was actually REALLY easy to do, google, click-click, write message and done) who even responded! Whether this will pan outm or if there will be more I can do, is unknown, but there are a ton of tese types of things going on everywhere.
  • A work colleague of mine has a huge extended family with several elderly, infirm members. She spends msot of her time either taking care of her parents, helping take care of about 16 nieces and nephews and her unwell brother. I have found a local award scheme to nominate her for and am investigating that in my spare time.

10 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Met my fiance online, go for it! Actually a pretty good time to reach out this way I reckon what with people being at home in front of their own computers. (Would it count as War profiteering? lol)

Reveal hidden contents

HotTip: guys are (and Im a guy), generally, unbeliveable ^&$&*heads on dating websites. Its half advantage (normal people seem like saints) and half disadvantage (you have to fight against the assumption that you are one of the bad ones). Be normal, for the love of god! And reveal a bit about yourself, dont do the "If you are interested, ask me more!" - anyone will just move on to the next profile that they dont have to enquire about to see if you arent bori

And it goes without saying, I hope. No nudity whatsoever.

Treat it as if looking for friends, thats how it always starts in any context anyway. I actually had a good time meeting different people, it (obviously) didnt go very far with most but it was fun. Even had one girl tell me she wasnt interseted, but would I like to join their pub quiz team?

A couple other things I have going on:

• I moved to this area recently and saw an old building waiting for development nearby. There is a petition to have it bought by a firm that will make it into a community space and cinema. I even reached out to my local councillor (which was actually REALLY easy to do, google, click-click, write message and done) who even responded! Whether this will pan outm or if there will be more I can do, is unknown, but there are a ton of tese types of things going on everywhere.
  • A work colleague of mine has a huge extended family with several elderly, infirm members. She spends msot of her time either taking care of her parents, helping take care of about 16 nieces and nephews and her unwell brother. I have found a local award scheme to nominate her for and am investigating that in my spare time.

Good advice can you treat it as if your looking for at the very least friendly acquaintances instead of friends or anything else off the get go? Also have a good rest of the day.

Edited by Cloakedwand72

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.