What to do during lockdown

VoidCosmos

Look at KSP challenges and mission reports. They're sure to get you inspired for some new missions!

Learn how to solve Rubik's cube or other puzzles! That will keep your mind very busy!

Already know how to solve a Rubik's Cube? Try this four-dimensional one! The satisfaction of wrapping your head around it is wondrous!

Make some music! If you don't have an instrument, you can do it through your computer with loads of free software. I personally like Sunvox and have used it to make many great songs.

Watch the sky, and look for the space station! Even if you can't go anywhere, you can still look to the stars when the weather is good. Check http://www.satflare.com/home.asp to see if the space station will fly over your house anytime soon! We also have a visitor named C/2019 Y4 who you might be able to see soon too.

Play with Legos! No one is too old to make Lego creations. It's the perfect time to use your imagination!

37 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Look at KSP challenges and mission reports. They're sure to get you inspired for some new missions!

I'll try some

37 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Make some music! If you don't have an instrument, you can do it through your computer with loads of free software. I personally like Sunvox and have used it to make many great songs.

I love music. I am learning to play the violin and I also love singing

38 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Watch the sky, and look for the space station! Even if you can't go anywhere, you can still look to the stars when the weather is good. Check http://www.satflare.com/home.asp to see if the space station will fly over your house anytime soon! We also have a visitor named C/2019 Y4 who you might be able to see soon too.

Good idea!

I installed Visual Studio, to get in some practice. It's been a while (more than I though, but Amazon confirmation email date doesn't lie) since I bough my copy Principles and Practice Using C++, so I thought it would not be a bad idea to brush up on my C++.

Perhaps you can do something similar? A new skill is always nice to have.

3 minutes ago, Shpaget said:

I installed Visual Studio, to get in some practice. It's been a while (more than I though, but Amazon confirmation email date doesn't lie) since I bough my copy Principles and Practice Using C++, so I thought it would not be a bad idea to brush up on my C++.

Perhaps you can do something similar? A new skill is always nice to have.

I'll try it. I have them but I don't use it

https://discworld.fandom.com/wiki/Leonard_of_Quirm

It is this naïveté that has led to his de facto imprisonment by the Patrician, lest someone other than him make use of the man's genius. But as long as he has paper to sketch on, and can watch the birds, Leonard barely notices his imprisonment. In fact, he has voluntarily returned to it, believing the world outside to be full of madmen.

21 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I haven't gone into Lockdown yet, but if I do, I'll probably sign up for skillshare and learn something.  Possibly something I can do from home.

You know, maybe I should do that anyway...

The best thing to do is to gear up. Just incase

44 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Ah, Tintin was one of my favourites when I was young. 

Same, along Buck Danny, Lucky Luke, and many others. I used to have the whole Tintin albums from second and third editions, but lost all of them during a hurricane... 

My favorite of was Flight 714 to Sydney, just for how beautiful the Carreidas model 160 was.

29522-w1200-2.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.