What to do during lockdown

VoidCosmos

(Back to the idea of the Google Earth tourism).

"Our touristic agency presents you a virtual Google Earth tour.
This sequence of specially prepared kml files will bring you to the most wonderful places, where you can enjoy the most interesting sights under proper angle of view.
Install our application, and our online advisor will provide you with a travel you could never get for this money in the flesh,"

22 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

The elephants took advantage...

Nice. I see they went to sleep with smiles on their faces.

Animals are smart for what are they are capable of... taking our stuff among them.

We take their stuff, they take ours.

Balance.

It defines existence.

Edited by Spacescifi

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of building a radio telescope. Any old satellite TV antenna can be used to detect natural signals and, if placed on an appropriate scanning mount, could be made to produce photos. I figure I can at the very least get a picture of the Sun with cheap rudimentary equipment and Jeb's Junkyard-caliber parts.

21 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

You should totally do that and post the details and results here!

Will revive the astrophotography thread by one-upping everyone with a 16-pixel photo of the Sun.

Well, for me, it has been life as normal. I only teach class in person two days a week. All my other courses but those three are taught online. But...

Having everyone else in the family at home has made me less productive. I can't just get mass amounts of work done as before. My workspace is in the living room and it has been invaded! 

I'm more stressed out, getting less done, and will be glad when life returns to a state of normalcy. 

This week, I have to finish grading final project papers and post grades. I also need to update KSP. 

now that i got my stimulus i started catching up on games. finally finished mechwarrior 5, doom, and just started on doom eternal. thinking about getting my own copy of minecraft (been playing one of my sister's accounts) but not sure if i want bedrock or java. i fixed my 3d printer, micro usb connector sheared off (wonder what engineer had a bright idea to use such a metal fatigue susceptible port on a machine that shakes a lot). maybe get a smoothie board before the magnet wires soldered to a couple vias inevitably break off. i was trying to build some hall effect potentiometers, i had made a fairly working protorype set that was purely linear. but when i made a second set i guess i just got lucky on the prototype by using the correct size magnets. and i think i killed my sensor hooking it up backwards. maybe next il do some design work on the third iteration of my raspberry pi tablet, but i still need to order the battery. will put the speakers up front this time, they will have i2s dacs for each speaker so hopefully get rid of that hiss from the pi's awful pwm sound (i guess it makes my black metal sound more kvlt). i finally found a hard drive adapter that my router understands (it doesnt like the 4tb external i bought last year), so i now have a way to host my media files without having a computer running. projects are just dropping like flies. i dont get why people have so much trouble with stay at home. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2020 at 3:26 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

Housework.

By the time lockdowns lift, evreybody's homes should be re-organized and spotless...

lol, nope. people are here more so more opportunity for them to make messes increases. 

Edited by Nuke

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.