Longest Time Glider

This is an Idea i have had pretty good luck with in the past so.... why not make a game out of it?

Rules:

1- All Propulsion must be provided in space of Runway

2- Only Stock, no mods (other than aesthetic) or DLC

3- Glider must have no propulsion past the Runway

4- Glider must survive the Landing

5- Glider must be manned.

If you want to mosey on in post in this format:

*Picture*

Glider Name

Time in air

Form of propulsion

And that's it, have fun, any questions about rules just comment.

Edited by British_Buggar

L0qH3ME.jpgSo then, here's my contribution / example

Name: Hopeful III

Time in Air: 10:28

Propulsion: 2 Mainsail and 1 Mammoth engine on wheels, detached at end of runway, Mammoth has massive fuel tank to weigh down the glider

(And yep, this is from Console, watchya gonna do?)

Edited by British_Buggar
Add image

Hmm... Kerbal parachutes are a type of glider right?

Because it took 3:10 to fall in a bullet with wings from 10000 meters to 5000, and then another 8 minutes to fall to 4000... So if I can withstand the monotony of pressing s every couple seconds for the next >30 minutes, I could splashdown with a time of something like 45 min.

9 minutes ago, Pds314 said:

Hmm... Kerbal parachutes are a type of glider right?

Because it took 3:10 to fall in a bullet with wings from 10000 meters to 5000, and then another 8 minutes to fall to 4000... So if I can withstand the monotony of pressing s every couple seconds for the next >30 minutes, I could splashdown with a time of something like 45 min.

I think that goes against the spirit, if not the letter, of the challenge.

Here's an attempt - just to try and kick things off. No mention made about water landings so I assume they're ok. (I think it would have made things a bit more interesting if the landing had to be at any one of the airstrips.) Also I may have overshot the end of the runway before releasing despite my best efforts not to do so but given how long it takes for each attempt...

i will use my mini glider (uses mods) and my Kerbolar Kannon to launch it(KerbolarKannon Sepratron module) hit space and this thing gets to insane speeds and once module detaches it has excelent LIft for it's size this does NOT use part clipping either which is awesome.

Ahhh, worth the wait. Awesome. You could loop that music and then I could loop that video and use it go to sleep at night. Love the clouds too.

4 hours ago, Death Engineering said:

Totally enjoyed this diversion.

Me too. I've been having a lot of fun seeing how far I can get out and just scrape back to a landing at a strip. It's helping to gradually give me a feel for my best LD and min sink.

Below is a flight from KSC to a landing at the Island Runway. It is IVA from start to finish. Surprisingly this was my first attempt.

Glider name - Still thinking about that one.
Propulsion - 2 x Mainsail.
Time in air - Who cares.

Edited by mystifeid

Meanwhile ... that night ... the krappy kworters on the island konsisted of an open hangar and after being assaulted by assorted kreepy-krawlies, Jeb had retreated to the kramped but kosy konfines of his kockpit. At first light Jeb called Val, looking for some ... konsolation. She said that nobody was in the spaceplane hangar yet. If he hurried, there was that komfy korner ... there was no time to hear anymore. Jeb was on a mission.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.