Curiosities about Space Programs, Space Exploration, et all

Lisias

Well... I got into this, and I just didn't knew where to post it - but I knew I had to post it here somewhere.

So a new Thread, for curious things related to Space Program and Space Exploration.

I remember a friend of mine bragging his computer was used at NASA when I was a teen, but didn't took him seriously until some time ago, when about 20 years later he sent me this video - still bragging about it. :D 

Seriously (sort of), that Amiga computers where really ahead of their time...

Some new discoveries about Jupiter's magnetic field in the 1970s led scientists to realize that passing through it would fry electronics on the upcoming Voyager space probes. The probes were scheduled to be shipped to the Cape, and there wasn't time to come up with a neat solution...The engineers headed to the local supermarket and bought all the aluminum foil they could, washed it in sterilizing solution, and covered all the sensitive electronics in the probes, successfully protecting them from Jupiter's powerful magnetic field.

27 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Some new discoveries about Jupiter's magnetic field in the 1970s led scientists to realize that passing through it would fry electronics on the upcoming Voyager space probes. The probes were scheduled to be shipped to the Cape, and there wasn't time to come up with a neat solution...The engineers headed to the local supermarket and bought all the aluminum foil they could, washed it in sterilizing solution, and covered all the sensitive electronics in the probes, successfully protecting them from Jupiter's powerful magnetic field.

I'm starting to confuse kerbal space program with human space program

ha ha this is a really funny comment

3 hours ago, Dirkidirk said:

I'm starting to confuse kerbal space program with human space program

You can say it again! :) 

NASA fixes Mars lander by telling it to hit itself with a shovel

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/nasa-fixes-mars-lander-by-telling-it-to-hit-itself-with-a-shovel/

Ok, Bill Kerman, I know it was you!

Let's keep it rolling.

What does the therapist say to the Gemini engineer?

The corn beef sandwich isn't real, it can't hurt your baby

Spoiler

Corn beef sandwich:

news-032315a-lg.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.