[1.8.0-1.9.x] CRFP - CarnationRED Flexible Parts v0.6 4/7/2020

CarnationRED

18 hours ago, Agustin said:

Control+C and control+V/F isn't doing anything to me. Maybe because I have editor extensions redux installed? I don't know.

Nevermind. It seems it is Control+F twice now.

ControlC stores the part shape and materials, and when you edit another part, control V to load it to current part.

ControlF is another thing, which directly copies shape and materials to the part your mouse is pointing at

Edited by CarnationRED

1 minute ago, Invaderdave said:

Brilliant! So many possibilities, my head asplode. Just incredible!

Unfortunately, however, it seems to conflict with the Configurable Containers mod and I don't think I can survive without the ability to cram all my various resources into one tank!

Amy insights?

I have it installed as well. What's the problem with it? can you be more specific?

9 minutes ago, Agustin said:

I have it installed as well. What's the problem with it? can you be more specific?

I have a less-than-rudimentary understanding of how mods work and coding and whatnot, so in laymans terms:

after installing CRFP the CC "edit tank" option no longer showed up for me in the VAB. Uninstalling CRFP made it show up again.

All my saved vessels that had tanks previously edited with CC still had all their respective resources, but no longer had the "edit tank" CC GUI button in the VAB

Edited by Invaderdave
added more info

22 hours ago, Invaderdave said:

I have a less-than-rudimentary understanding of how mods work and coding and whatnot, so in laymans terms:

after installing CRFP the CC "edit tank" option no longer showed up for me in the VAB. Uninstalling CRFP made it show up again.

All my saved vessels that had tanks previously edited with CC still had all their respective resources, but no longer had the "edit tank" CC GUI button in the VAB

maybe you can try b9PartSwitch with B9 stock patches. It works.

This is a amazing mod! I can already see countless possibilities.

I have one suggestion though, I'll use my bad drawings of cross sections as example:

For chamfer corners, if it is square shaped, it works as expected:

https://imgur.com/SY7kSl9

However, when the width to height is large, it works like this:

https://imgur.com/NsL9iXl

Instead of:

https://imgur.com/oa9DIFg

3 hours ago, Meteoric said:

This is a amazing mod! I can already see countless possibilities.

I have one suggestion though, I'll use my bad drawings of cross sections as example:

For chamfer corners, if it is square shaped, it works as expected:

https://imgur.com/SY7kSl9

However, when the width to height is large, it works like this:

https://imgur.com/NsL9iXl

Instead of:

https://imgur.com/oa9DIFg

Set radius to negative

16 hours ago, CarnationRED said:

As I see this mod is ready, someone of moderators please help me move the topic to Release subforum?

Moved to Add-on Release.

Amazing mod, with so much potential. Thanks for your great contribution to KSP community.

On 4/12/2020 at 8:28 PM, CarnationRED said:

Set radius to negative

Thanks for the suggestion. It indeed work.

I encounter another problem though. When I use the texture browser to select another texture, it is working until the game is running. The next time I start the game, the texture name in the part configure window is still there, however, the texture is reset to default. Did I use this function wrong? Is there any way I can save or make the texture change permanent?

1 hour ago, Meteoric said:

I encounter another problem though. When I use the texture browser to select another texture, it is working until the game is running. The next time I start the game, the texture name in the part configure window is still there, however, the texture is reset to default. Did I use this function wrong? Is there any way I can save or make the texture change permanent?

Thank you, I'm looking into the problem

Edited by CarnationRED

On 4/15/2020 at 10:33 AM, Meteoric said:

I was not able to re produce the bug, can you provide some screenshots, or maybe a video, please?

21 hours ago, CarnationRED said:

I was not able to re produce the bug, can you provide some screenshots, or maybe a video, please?

Sure. Before I start, there are something that might result in the bug:

1. I use linux version of KSP.

2. I modified the very last tech level in CRFPTechLimits.cfg file as:

TechLimit
        {
                level = veryHeavyRocketry
                maxSize = 60
                maxLength = 60
        }

So that I can make some really large part.

3. I use the textures from mod:

and

What I did was:

1. I copy the dds file from the mod folder into folder: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/CarnationREDFlexiblePart/Texture/

2. Use the texture browser and select the texture I just copied.

When I finish selecting the texture, the texture of the part indeed changed, as expected. Below is a screenshot. You can see the texture name in the config window changed, and the texture also changed.

https://imgur.com/JoG2wmh

3. When I save the ship, close KSP, start it again, load exactly the same ship, this is what it shows. The texture name in the config window is still there, however, the texture is reset back to the default one.

https://imgur.com/mEgMOlW

Maybe you can also see the color/texture of config window is pink, this occurs before I use any custom texture and modify the CRFPTechLimits.cfg file. But because it does not affect the mod functionality, I did not report this.

Please let me know if there is any other information needed.

Edited by Meteoric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 1:18 PM, KIMCHI said:

Is there any way to make the chamfered middle sections round like a MK2 part?

i think you can make two opposite corners (in chamfer mode) have a radius of 0, and the other two opposite corners at 1, im going to show you.

g4V58za.jpg

the part is placed with a 45 degree roll, and i have the opposite corners at the default 1 radius filet, and the other opposite corners at 0.25 radius chamfer. this technique can be used to make almost exact mk3 parts. but because of the fact that the part is rotated 45 degrees, changing the width or height does this *proceeds to put pic on imigur and clicks open in new tab before it exists somehow*

pPeCRQc.jpg

thats one limitation... the other is with ubiozur wleding ltd continued.

also, This mod is AMAZING! the crfp creator that allows you to select points is awesome!

though there is one limitation; the parts dont save their shape when welded into a single part with the ubiozur welding ltd cont. mod, but thats kinda understandable for a very new mod i guess? this is still a cool mod lol

this is the mod that i always wanted. also, it somehow worked when i made the techlimit size 16km, the only thing is that.. a craft of that size breaks the game and straight up IGNORES gravity lmao (i decreasced the techlimit down to 100m, over 1km is a bit large for me).

awesome mod

also, how do i get a texture from the internet? i honestly want to get a few minecraft textures to make a "minecraft house", and send it to space lol

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

Noticed an odd behavior that I think is reproducible. Here are the steps:

1. Fire up KSP, go into SPH or vab, place a CRFP tank.
  2. Mouse over the CRFP tank, press F for widgets, modify tank shape (does not matter how).
  3. Press CTRL-Z to undo modification - the modification reverts. Pressing several times walks backwards through the last modifications; this is awesome.
  4. Mouse over CRFP tank, press F - problem: widgets cannot be summoned until KSP is restarted. Switching to another scene (switch from VAB to SPH or vice versa) won't fix it.
Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

• 3 weeks later...

This mod is truly fantastic.
Kudos for it.

Is there a way to make upper and lower width different (sort of  trapezoid form)? Can't I just find a proper gizmo or is it not implemented?

On 5/31/2020 at 8:21 PM, whale_2 said:

This mod is truly fantastic.
Kudos for it.

Is there a way to make upper and lower width different (sort of  trapezoid form)? Can't I just find a proper gizmo or is it not implemented?

i think you do that with the sides?

also, is it possible for there to be transparancy with structural elements that are less than, say 0.1m thick?

also, i LOVE making large spacecrafts with the cosmetic flat panels that weigh like nothing, they look cool, but dont affect delta V

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.