[1.8.0-1.9.x] CRFP - CarnationRED Flexible Parts v0.6 4/7/2020

CarnationRED

On 5/31/2020 at 8:21 PM, whale_2 said:

Is there a way to make upper and lower width different (sort of  trapezoid form)? Can't I just find a proper gizmo or is it not implemented?

Like this

dk3xl8P.jpg

I have it sideways, and the top and bottom widths are different sizes. the length is how tall the shape is, and the width in this case is how long it is

also, i just realized that this can be used to make pretty good hexagons, by taking two of them, and putting them with the largest faces together

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

15 hours ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

Like this

I have it sideways, and the top and bottom widths are different sizes. the length is how tall the shape is, and the width in this case is how long it is

also, i just realized that this can be used to make pretty good hexagons, by taking two of them, and putting them with the largest faces together

That's brilliant, but you can't have curved edges that way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Question regarding drag.  If one were to tweak some fuselage parts to be in the shape of a Mk 2 profile, will it perform in the same way.

A more general question is, how is drag and lift calculated? I’m referring to stock, not FAR

As for stock, the mod calculates part's drag cube using a built-in KSP API called "DragCubeSystem.RenderProceduralDragCube(Part p)". A drag cube describes all aerodynamics of a part.

It's very likely that the rendering process will take account of part's shape, but I haven't researched the difference bettwen calculated drag cubes using custom shaped parts and stock parts' ones.

Edited by CarnationRED

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 1:51 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

No logs, no support.

That's because the issue resolved itself (or at least disappeared) when I uninstalled a few mods and reinstalled some of them. Procedure was faulty, should've tested one mod at a time, but I was in a rush to make this work. Sorry.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:08 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm working on adopting this, have contacted @CarnationRED about it.

While it is bug-free, I'll be adding a whole bunch of textures, and maybe a few QOL if I find any

Neat! Small QoL suggestion: the colors aren't that accurate (e.g. it's impossible to get a pitch black texture on the sides to blend in with TPS - and yes, I'm making a lifting body :)) 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

When will we get more included Textures, like Turbofan inlets? (I want to create engine 2 of a Klockhead K-1011 with the cool looking  elliptical/tube shape, with CRFP)

Edited by kerbmario
K-1011

44 minutes ago, kerbmario said:

When will we get more included Textures, like Turbofan inlets? (I want to create engine 2 of a Klockhead K-1011 with the cool looking  elliptical/tube shape, with CRFP)

Wrong Thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.