VR in Kerbal Space Program 2

Zallon

Spoiler

I am not sure if anyone had this idea before, I looked around and couldn't find anything. 

My idea would be to include a VR option  for EVA flights. With the VR Headset, you would see everything in first person, instead of third person. Using the VR controller to control the jetpack, the hope would be that using the motion sensors, would give you a better and more control over your flight. 

For example, by tilting your hand controller, you could control the angles of flight easier. It's like actually holding a jetpack joystick in your hand. 

And just imagine the immersive feeling you get to actually see your rocket in first person, or while walking around on Mun. 

Also while getting lost in space, because you didn't manage to grab your rocket and are out of fuel. 

10 hours ago, SchwinnTropius said:

a mod.

Is this even possible? I mean, if a game is created with vr in mind, or even if it's introduced later, it's working most of the time because the devs know their code.

But if it's gamechanging to this level, I don't think that any sort of code blanket is going to work

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Is this even possible? I mean, if a game is created with vr in mind, or even if it's introduced later, it's working most of the time because the devs know their code.

But if it's gamechanging to this level, I don't think that any sort of code blanket is going to work

A VR mod already exists in KSP 1 so there is a chance someone can make one for KSP 2

https://github.com/Vivero/Kerbal-VR

that would be amazing. I do have an irrational fear of high ceilings, do I would be uncomfortable looking up, not to mention I don’t have a headset, but, yeah! But only if we can open the compartments in the Hitchhiker module.

12 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

I never do IVA view and no I'd never use a 3D/VR view in KSP.

I just don't see any use for it.

If it was actually IVA it would make sense. With pushable buttons and all. Occasional frakaps would be more immersive.

Currently, you're right, not much use for it

Nobody here is talking about the potential it would have in building, using your hands directly to add and move pieces gives you a level of control over the build that no mouse can even hope to achieve.

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

Nobody here is talking about the potential it would have in building, using your hands directly to add and move pieces gives you a level of control over the build that no mouse can even hope to achieve.

Idk about you, but I'm way more accurate with a mouse than I am with my shaky shaky hands in VR when it comes to ultra fine tune placement.