tony48

[1.8.1] KSRSS(VE) 0.6.1 - More things around rings

Posted (edited)

MvXPsPw.jpg

As RSS, KSRSS is a mod intended to transform the stock solar system into the real solar system, but at stock size, with the objective to let you explore the solar system within many mods necessary in a RSS save. Also, we worked hard to make every body of the system pretty and unique. KSRSS is accompanied by KSRSSVE, a graphic mod which put the best of scatterer and EVE into KSRSS. For example, with KSRSSVE and KSRSS, you can find dust storms on Mars, geysers on Enceladus, snow at pole of the Earth and many other things. Finally, unlike SSRSS, KSRSS is not a simple rescaling of RSS, we decided to not use Sigma Dimension, so KSRSS is made and tweak especialy for the stock size.

KSRSSVE Lite is the scatterer-less version of the visual configurations for KSRSS. It is a version optimized for smaller PCs to ensure a more than correct visual appearance.

KSRSSVE High is the scatterer version of the visual configurations for KSRSS made for larger PCs.It is with this one that you will kill your processors, as well as your eyes which will be blinded by a visual aspect of last generation.

Moreover, the textures for KSRSSVE are available in Low Res (8k) and High Res (32k). This mainly concerns the clouds of the Earth.

Pics

3oMfvVD.jpgVMTJqJD.jpgy90hCcy.jpgYmkBQXa.jpgMuWjW7y.pngKrowWFz.jpgIMG_20200401_111520.jpg?width=1208&height=680

DragonFly on Titan by @Zarbon44:

screenshot1636.png

Installation and Download

KSRSS

Configs (KSRSS) :
https://github.com/KerbalFrench/KSRSS/releases

Textures (KSRSS-Textures) :
https://github.com/KerbalFrench/KSRSS-Textures/releases/

KSRSSVE

Configs (KSRSSVE):
https://github.com/KerbalFrench/KSRSSVE/releases

Textures (KSRSSVE-Textures):
https://github.com/KerbalFrench/KSRSSVE-Textures/releases/

1. Install Kopernicus (only versions above 1.8.1 !)

2. Install KSRSS-Textures (download above, choose your texture resolution)

3. Install KSRSS (download above)

4. If you want clouds and scatterer compatibility, install KSRSSVE (see next column)

5. If you want x2.5 size, install Sigma Dimension.

Lite (without scatterer)

1. Install EVE.

2. Install KSRSSVE Lite (download above)

3. Install the textures. Choose the Low Resolution OR the High Resolution (download above). 

High (with scatterer)

1. Install EVE.

2. Install scatterer.

3. Install KSRSSVE High (download above). 

4. Install the textures. Choose the Low Resolution OR the High Resolution (download above).                                                  

Compatibility

KSRSS is fully compatible with : Planetshine, Community Resource Pack, Distant Object Enhancements, FAR and Sigma Dimension.

Common Issues

The space center terrain is weird with KSRSS 2.5x.

a3Ku3Ud.png

Fix : in the settings, choose KSRSS Med for the terrain quality. Hit Apply.

If you need help, you can join our discord, we have an English channel.

Licenses

KSRSS

KSRSSVE

KK-KSRSS

Source code available here.

Cfg files are licensed CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0, textures are All Rights Reserved unless otherwise stated and plugin code is LGPLv3 with some licensed CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 (see source files for details).

Copyright (c) KSRSS Team - 2020

KSRSS is derived from RSS. A huge thanks to NathanKell and the RO team for creating this mod. (CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0)

67P and Halley are from RSS Expansion by pozine, licensed CC-BY 4.0.

The grass and cactus textures are licensed MIT by Avera9eJoe and come from his mod, Spectra. All credit goes to him.  

SigmaLoadingScreens is included in the download and is covered by its own license.

Source code available here.

Cfgs and textures are licensed CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 unless otherwise stated. Plugin code is licensed LGPLv3.

Aurora texture is from Spectra, licensed MIT by Avera9eJoe (Joseph Hafner).

Snow and dust particles and dust map (dust_mars.dds) are from Sci-Fi Visual Enchancements by panzer1b.

Snow map (snow.dds) comes from Graphics Enhancements Assembly (CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0).

Sunflare is from here (CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0). All credits go to Thomassino for this wonderful sunflare.

Geysers textures (including rgb3.dds) and citylights textures come from AVP (CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0). All credits go to themaster01 and Astronomer for these textures.

The textures used to make the geysers and the rgb3.dds come from the AVP mod. All credist go to themaster01 and Astronomer.

Mars, Earth, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Titan, Uranus, Neptune cloud textures, aurora detail texture, UVNoise textures, saturn ring texture and cloud particle textures are taken from RSSVE by KSP RO Team (CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0) :

• Cloud and city detail textures by Real Visual Enhancements (RVE)

• Earth cloud and city lights textures by NASA Visible Earth

• Jupiter texture (used for exporting some basic cloud textures) by Vleider (redistributed by The Celestia Motherlode)

• Saturn texture (used for exporting some basic cloud textures) by Runar Thorvaldsen, Dr. Fridger Schremmp and Grant Hutchinson (redistributed by The Celestia Motherlode)

• Saturn ring texture by CICLOPS (Cassini Imaging Central Laboratory For Operations - image preparation by Daren Wilson and Carolyn Porco)

• Uranus and Neptune textures (used for exporting some basic cloud textures) by JHT's Planetary Pixel Emporium

All the others textures were made by the KSRSS Team and are licensed CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0.

License : MIT.                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Changelog & Roadmap

Roadmap 0.7 :

- Improve reliefs on many bodies with PQS / Heightmap revamps
- Add more custom scatters
- Add more bodies
- Remake all scatterer configs
- Implement texture by biome on Earth

Changelog 0.6 "More things around rings"

Spoiler

=== CHANGELOG 0.6 ===

Reliefs & colors :

- New heightmap for Enceladus, Mercury
- New colormap for Enceladus
- New reliefs for Venus
- Improve reliefs for Moon
- Improve Florida
- Improve French Guyana
- Complete Colormaps for Triton & Pluto

Ground textures :

- New Steep texture for Venus
- New Ground texture for Moon

Bugfixes :

- Fix MaxZoom for Ryugu, Halley, Chouri 
- Fix ScaledSpace -> PQS transitions for Ryugu, Halley, Chouri
- Scatters no longer in water. 
- Scatters are now diffuse.
- Fix Saturn rings 
- Fix rim for Titan, Saturn, Jupiter
- Fix offset of Normal/Heightmap for Moon

Scatterer :

- New config for Mars 

EVE 

- Fix DetailDist for Earth clouds

New bodies : 

- Add Mimas, Thethys, Dione
- Realistic heightmap for Mimas, Thethys, Dione

Gameplay :

- Fix warpzone for Titan and Venus
- Add Kourou Launchpad
- Add support for localization 
- Add partial french localization
- News biome on Pluton, Charon & Triton

Edited by tony48

This is neat, guys, well done ! I look forward to install it ;)

Idk if it's on purpose (how could it not be?) but some component of your mod is trying to be cute. Maybe I'm too old to appreciate the joke. Shame that all this work is overshadowed by something so pointless. Hopefully it gets removed.

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Idk if it's on purpose (how could it not be?) but some component of your mod is trying to be cute. Maybe I'm too old to appreciate the joke. Shame that all this work is overshadowed by something so pointless. Hopefully it gets removed.

It's active only 1rst April, don't worry.

Posted (edited)

Hi ! Thank you for your work ! :)

I just install KSRSS 0.5 with Sigma Dimension, but in the Space Center, i have an issue with the size of trees.

Is it possible that i took a wrong release of Sigma ?

1585742139-2020-04-01-13-50-56-kerbal-sp

My gamedata folder :

1585742282-2020-04-01-13-57-38-gamedata.

Edited by Sherwin

19 minutes ago, Sherwin said:

1585742139-2020-04-01-13-50-56-kerbal-sp

This is quite possibly the funniest and most cursed thing i've seen on this forum.

19 minutes ago, Sherwin said:

Hi ! Thank you for your work ! :)

I just install KSRSS 0.5 with Sigma Dimension, but in the Space Center, i have an issue with the size of trees.

Is it possible that i took a wrong release of Sigma ?

Looks like I forgot to disable the resize of scatters...

We will release a bugfix in a few days with a new config for Sigma Dimension

let me know if you need help with that

Know this mod for a long time ago and I'm really super happy that it looks so good when it comes out!

4 hours ago, Kierra said:

It's active only 1rst April, don't worry.

As a developer in another field maybe I'm just overly-sensitive about people putting unexpected code into software. It literally doesn't matter what the code is/does - it only matters that the author is willing to put something into the software that isn't part of the software's purpose, and that's enough to make me tune out. FWIW, the planets I looked at looked nice. Best of luck with the mod.

When Kopernicus finally updates, I'm probably going to abandon my stock save and get this mod. Love it!

3 hours ago, Polarize said:

Does this version work in 1,91 or does it need to be updated to 1.91?

Kopernicus still hasn't updated, so we'll have to wait a few weeks.

Hey, beautiful looking mod here, keep up the great work! I'm mainly an RSS/RO player, and this looks like a great idea to reduce the amount of mods. So, how would the delta-v requirements look like? Is it relatively the same as the stock system, or is there a specialized map?

1 hour ago, BadModder54 said:

Hey, beautiful looking mod here, keep up the great work! I'm mainly an RSS/RO player, and this looks like a great idea to reduce the amount of mods. So, how would the delta-v requirements look like? Is it relatively the same as the stock system, or is there a specialized map?

We are working on a dv map. The requirements are a little different from stock, especially the ones for the outer planets.

Truly a great mod! Love it so far, keep it up.TiKcNNc.png

Posted (edited)

Great mod guys! Made me start a new save which is something i haven't done in awhile :D 

80OZG7I.jpg

Only thing i changed was to make the planets have the stock inclination, but thats just because i havent played in so long lol. 

9XcDfTc.png

Keep up the great work! 

Edited by sDaZe

22 hours ago, tony48 said:

We are working on a dv map. The requirements are a little different from stock, especially the ones for the outer planets.

Thanks for the reply! I love the mod, spent last night putting together a modpack for a new save I'll do with this. Just one small issue that I found: When landing on Halley or 67-P, the ground tends to glitch out horribly and go invisible as you get closer, I think it might have something to do with the irregular shape of the body which KSP's engine might not like. Ryugu is perfectly functional, however. In addition, is Venus's atmosphere thick/hot enough? I apologize if it was, it just did'nt appear as such. You have created arguably, the cleanest and most thoughtful planet pack I have ever seen. The terrain alone brought tears to my eyes, and made normal RSS look crusty in comparison. One last thing: Maybe add Miranda to the Uranian system? Thanks for your time! :D

4 hours ago, Zarbon44 said:

Truly a great mod! Love it so far, keep it up.TiKcNNc.png

This is... Beautiful. You are talented, that Dragonfly is spot-on.

37 minutes ago, BadModder54 said:

When landing on Halley or 67-P, the ground tends to glitch out horribly and go invisible as you get closer

Bug already fixed :)

38 minutes ago, BadModder54 said:

In addition, is Venus's atmosphere thick/hot enough?

It was thicker in previous releases but some crafts couldn't deploy their chutes and it took too long to reach the surface, so we decided to decrease the pressure.

56 minutes ago, BadModder54 said:

You have created arguably, the cleanest and most thoughtful planet pack I have ever seen.

:blush:

56 minutes ago, BadModder54 said:

Maybe add Miranda to the Uranian system?

This is for KSRSS 0.7.

29 minutes ago, tony48 said:

Bug already fixed :)

It was thicker in previous releases but some crafts couldn't deploy their chutes and it took too long to reach the surface, so we decided to decrease the pressure.

:blush:

This is for KSRSS 0.7.

Was the comet landing bug fixed in 0.5? I may be wrong, but I'll test 0.5 specifically in case I installed the wrong version. And the Venus atmosphere makes sense, now that I think about it. And, it's awesome to know that this'll be continually updated and improved! 

3 minutes ago, BadModder54 said:

Was the comet landing bug fixed in 0.5? I may be wrong, but I'll test 0.5 specifically in case I installed the wrong version. And the Venus atmosphere makes sense, now that I think about it. And, it's awesome to know that this'll be continually updated and improved! 

Sorry I meant we already fixed it for the next release.

1 hour ago, BadModder54 said:

One last thing: Maybe add Miranda to the Uranian system? Thanks for your time! :D

In addition to what @tony48 said, my goal for the 0.6 is to redo a large part of the reliefs that have not yet been redone correctly, for example Mercury or Enceladus.  I would like to have a rendering of the quality of the reliefs I was able to do on Titan. I will try to move forward as quickly as possible in order to be able to propose the 0.6 as soon as possible.

So don't worry if some reliefs still look particularly ugly (Mercury, Enceladus, all comets, etc). When this is done, new bodies can be added.

20 minutes ago, Kierra said:

In addition to what @tony48 said, my goal for the 0.6 is to redo a large part of the reliefs that have not yet been redone correctly, for example Mercury or Enceladus.  I would like to have a rendering of the quality of the reliefs I was able to do on Titan. I will try to move forward as quickly as possible in order to be able to propose the 0.6 as soon as possible.

So don't worry if some reliefs still look particularly ugly (Mercury, Enceladus, all comets, etc). When this is done, new bodies can be added.

28 minutes ago, tony48 said:

Sorry I meant we already fixed it for the next release.

No worries! Take your time on development, and trust me: this mod is FAR from ugly compared to even normal RSS. Keep up the amazing work, I'll just avoid the comets for now, lander-wise ;)