[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

Just testing out KSRSS on 1.11.1 with 2.5x SD config - the 'black moon' issue is present on (as far as I can tell) all non-atmospheric bodies, and is gradual depending on altitude  - this makes me think it could be a problem with the way the detail levels of the bodies are rendered, as it usually changes depending on distance from the body, which is what is changing over this altitude - and presumably the high-detail, low-altitude texture is not rendering properly for some reason.

Also, they don't go completely black, so it could be more lighting-related, as there is still a bit of ground which is lit; it is easy to see in the craters.

I also got this message in the log (which I assume is related to the issue) - when going to a lower altitude where the Moon is no longer visible (it happens with every planet and moon, but the atmospheric bodies don't go black)

[LOG 15:48:44.597] [OD] <--- ScaledSpaceDemand.UnloadTextures destroying KSRSS-Textures/PluginData/MoonColor.dds and KSRSS-Textures/PluginData/Moon_NRM.dds

From what I can tell it looks like a texture loading issue.

Edited by ben04

2 hours ago, ben04 said:

Just testing out KSRSS on 1.11.1 with 2.5x SD config - the 'black moon' issue is present on (as far as I can tell) all non-atmospheric bodies, and is gradual depending on altitude  - this makes me think it could be a problem with the way the detail levels of the bodies are rendered, as it usually changes depending on distance from the body, which is what is changing over this altitude - and presumably the high-detail, low-altitude texture is not rendering properly for some reason.

Also, they don't go completely black, so it could be more lighting-related, as there is still a bit of ground which is lit; it is easy to see in the craters.

I also got this message in the log (which I assume is related to the issue) - when going to a lower altitude where the Moon is no longer visible (it happens with every planet and moon, but the atmospheric bodies don't go black)

[LOG 15:48:44.597] [OD] <--- ScaledSpaceDemand.UnloadTextures destroying KSRSS-Textures/PluginData/MoonColor.dds and KSRSS-Textures/PluginData/Moon_NRM.dds

From what I can tell it looks like a texture loading issue.

That's a nice clue.  Try putting the following in a config .cfg file (name does not matter), maybe?

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	useOnDemand = False
}

It WILL increase your ram usage.  But it might fix the bug.

Edited by R-T-B

6 hours ago, ErCos said:

Guys, do you know how to fix mirror surface of space center and how i can move it to equator?

Mirror surface as in space center scene itself, not in VAB\SPH? That's new.

As for equator - you can't, since there is no real launch sites that are located directly on equator (except SeaLaunch, but it's not implemented here). Closest thing you can get is Kourou. In theory, you can edit Earth.cfg to change default launch site to somewhere on equator.

12 hours ago, ErCos said:

yeah, I have it in VAB\SPH and also when I launch something as long as I see space center itself.

There is a new fix on Gitlab that address this issue. For me, it fixed mirrored surface in VAB\SPH. But it seem to introduce a new one - now in VAB\SPH the planet surface itself is black or more like dark gray.

@R-T-B It works great (and still somehow runs on 8GB of RAM) with the new config - but the in-game console still shows OnDemand textures being destroyed like before, however it does not seem to be causing a problem. I did notice last time I was testing without the config you provided that Phobos, which was bigger than Ryugu, did not have the black terrain issue, but Ryugu did - I guess some bodies have different OnDemand texture loading but not sure if there is a different way of handling that which could be applied to the other bodies without needing to remove OnDemand loading.

EDIT: I also re-deleted the settings.cfg file so maybe I didn't remove OnDemand correctly (which is why there are still console messages, and it doesn't kill my laptop) and deleting the settings file solved the bug

Edited by ben04

On 2/13/2021 at 4:07 AM, KallangoVerde said:

I really liked that. :awe::heart_eyes:

But I don't know if my PC will support ... do I have any chance ??:cry:

PC:

CPU:Ryzen 5 3400G (cooler stock)

***Vega 11 (integrated graphics)

MOBO: Asus PRIME A320M-K

RAM: T-FORCE VULCAN 8Gb 2666Mhz single (I have not yet had the opportunity to migrate to dual channel).

HD 1T (SO) + HD 1T (games)

Should run fine. I too am using 8GB of RAM and using an Intel UHD620, so here is my opinion:
8GB of RAM is good enough for KSRSS 4k with part mods/Visual enhancements and 8k if you do not intend to install more than 10 part mods, however you will either make a compromise between your graphic settings and the number of mods. It can also run RSS 2048x1024 with everything on very low/ low with RO/RP-1  if you are interested. 
Overall FPS:
KSRSS 8k with BDB/other mods: 19~30fps (19 is fine, you'll get used to it. also, beware of memory crashes, so save often!)
KSRSS 4k with BDB/other mods: 30~45fps
Fully decked out RSS/RO/RP-1 with 1024 textures: 1~30 fps (You will get 1 fps VERY rarely, average is 24, which makes it "cinematically" playable)

2 hours ago, kylelander said:

Should run fine. I too am using 8GB of RAM and using an Intel UHD620, so here is my opinion:
8GB of RAM is good enough for KSRSS 4k with part mods/Visual enhancements and 8k if you do not intend to install more than 10 part mods, however you will either make a compromise between your graphic settings and the number of mods. It can also run RSS 2048x1024 with everything on very low/ low with RO/RP-1  if you are interested. 
Overall FPS:
KSRSS 8k with BDB/other mods: 19~30fps (19 is fine, you'll get used to it. also, beware of memory crashes, so save often!)
KSRSS 4k with BDB/other mods: 30~45fps
Fully decked out RSS/RO/RP-1 with 1024 textures: 1~30 fps (You will get 1 fps VERY rarely, average is 24, which makes it "cinematically" playable)

kkk as I imagined ...
I have a large list of part mods. (more than 10 of course kkk):joy:

I think I will make a clean copy of the game and just use this mod and see the performance. Perhaps you still have a chance if you balance the number of them.

Thanks for the tip...;p

19 hours ago, SpartanJack17 said:

Did you end up testing this?  If not I will.

It looks like it's okay, but I had no crafts in transit or on unstable orbits (completed all current missions before updating). Anyway, backup your save(s) and KSRSSKopernicus folder before updating, just to be safe.

2 hours ago, Dafni said:

What is the rsc folder in the download?

Source code for the DLL. It's not needed to run the mod.

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

It looks like it's okay, but I had no crafts in transit or on unstable orbits (completed all current missions before updating). Anyway, backup your save(s) and KSRSSKopernicus folder before updating, just to be safe.

Source code for the DLL. It's not needed to run the mod.

Yeah it seemed ok for me, but I also completed all missions in transit before updating.   Should've left one just to see what happened.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:02 AM, kylelander said:

yes

Is there any reason that the parallax textures & configs for KSRSS would not be cross compatible with RSS with a bit of config file tweaking to the textures etc to direct the shader loader to the right location? Curious as I have two games, a KSRSS and a RSS. thanks

3 hours ago, user_25th9p7 said:

I have no clue if this problem was here before but thats my problem right now

ocISVdn.png

Gamedata Folder: (removed Sigma Folder but even with Sigma the same thing happens)

wfNvCab.png

KSRSSVE textures HR v.0.6

KSRSSVE High v.0.6

KSRSS textures 16K v.0.6.1

KSRSS v.0.6.1

what versions of EVE and Scatterer are you using?