Jump to content

[1.8.1 ONLY] KSRSS(VE) 0.6.1 - More things around rings


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, si2504 said:

@tony48 great work, Fixed quite a few of my issues. May i ask how i can prevent cities from changing to city lights as you go above a certain height in the day side of Earth? I have brought up the issue before but i'm unsure as to whether or not the issue was picked up by yourselves or looked at. Its not major but can look a little weird when ascending from the ground. If you know where this is configured i can have a look for myself until the next bugfix/version release. thanks

If your issue is city lights being lit during day time, I think I fixed it yesterday, but it isn’t released yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, theorimha said:

Turns out this EVE stuff is just plain weird. I restarted the game and bam, beautiful clouds on every (configured) planet. Well, I'm not complaining...

EVE is just like that sometimes :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Did you consider making this mod suitable for different scales?

The only scales planned for this mod are stock and x2.5. If you want to play with RO, RSS is your best option.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have a descent setting for JNSQ resized with 2.4 to get an 6.4 scale. But I always dreamed of a freely scaleable RSS. This 6.4 size is a perfect niche for Real Fuels Stockalike, all stock mods, with realism from RO and RP-1 - manned pods scaled back to stock again and so you have greatly looking  and nicely sized rockets and play times less than RSS but more challanging delta v requirements. Only the flavour of a real solar system is missing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hey, I just downloaded this mod and I can't click anything on the menu, the options turns white for a fraction of a second as if it was working normally, but nothing opens, and I discovered that when I delete all of the mods and it's dependencies it works fine

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Are you guys aware of the bugs with inaccurate physics? (Example: Time warping can move a future periapsis in a maneuver node hundreds or even thousands of meters, makes intricate maneuvers extremely difficult to plan, also vessels can change position by hundreds of meters when rendezvousing if time warp is used. In addition, after playing for some time, the terrain on some bodies tends to become patchy in terms of shade in large square areas, and sometimes has large patterns on it. Thank you for your time!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BadModder54 said:

 In addition, after playing for some time, the terrain on some bodies tends to become patchy in terms of shade in large square areas, and sometimes has large patterns on it. Thank you for your time!

I think this happens in all planet packs to some extent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alberro+ said:

I think this happens in all planet packs to some extent.

That's interesting, I believe you but its just weird that it only happens on certain bodies, such as (for me anyway) Earth and Phobos/Deimos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BadModder54 said:

That's interesting, I believe you but its just weird that it only happens on certain bodies, such as (for me anyway) Earth and Phobos/Deimos.

Hm, I've never had it happen exclusively in some bodies. 

This might be a stretch, but what render quality are you using?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alberro+ said:

Hm, I've never had it happen exclusively in some bodies. 

This might be a stretch, but what render quality are you using?

I'm almost positive I'm on the highest quality, but my terrain settings are glitched and say "New Text." Could that have anything to do with it? I've tried fixing it multiple times and it never gets resolved. I have a ton of little bugs in my save that I can never seem to squash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BadModder54 said:

I'm almost positive I'm on the highest quality, but my terrain settings are glitched and say "New Text." Could that have anything to do with it? I've tried fixing it multiple times and it never gets resolved. I have a ton of little bugs in my save that I can never seem to squash.

Oof, I'm afraid i'm not qualified to resolve any of this, but I have a suggestion. You could try and verify the integrity of the game files through steam. Other than that, maybe try changing your resolution?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alberro+ said:

Oof, I'm afraid i'm not qualified to resolve any of this, but I have a suggestion. You could try and verify the integrity of the game files through steam. Other than that, maybe try changing your resolution?

Just did that, and it appears to have not found anything of note to fix. I can try to update all the mods I can find and removing whatever I don't need, as I got a pretty nasty bug today, having to do with engine plumes. But don't worry about that, pretty sure it has nothing to do with KSRSS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BadModder54 said:

Just did that, and it appears to have not found anything of note to fix. I can try to update all the mods I can find and removing whatever I don't need, as I got a pretty nasty bug today, having to do with engine plumes. But don't worry about that, pretty sure it has nothing to do with KSRSS.

Good luck in your lengthy endeavour my friend!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BadModder54 said:

I'm almost positive I'm on the highest quality, but my terrain settings are glitched and say "New Text." Could that have anything to do with it? I've tried fixing it multiple times and it never gets resolved. I have a ton of little bugs in my save that I can never seem to squash.

Before you next load up KSP, delete your settings.cfg in your KSP game directory. When you boot the game, it will create a new settings config file and if you go to settings at the main menu, you should now be able to choose KSRSS for terrain textures in the graphics tab.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

Planning a new playthrough with this and BDB. Tweaking it a bit here and there. Got AVP clouds to work with this. Amazing mod!

Do you guys think the sky becomes dark too fast? or is it more realistic? I feel like 4000-5000m is too low for the sky to become pitch black. Your thoughts please.

I'm used to playing KSP with AVP.

Thanks :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

I'll see what I can do, maybe with Rescale? 

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but does that still work?

Probably.  I scale back my engines to launch from the surface of air rated worlds using a patch like this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]
	{	@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
			{ 	@atmosphereCurve
					{	@key[1, ] *= 1
						@key,1[1, ] *= .7
						@key,2[1, ] *= .35
					}
			}
	}

Which is the patch included with the Simplex TechTree (but not Tetrix).  This means vacuum ISP for all  engines is the same as stock, but at sea level on Kerbin they are at 70% powerful and efficient.  You really need a multi stage rocket to launch, but to get anywhere once in orbit is the same.  No idea how this affects Laythe.  Duna is still easy.  Eve becomes an even worse nightmare.

Peace.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...