[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

564 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

MvXPsPw.jpg

71WxOfC.png?1

As RSS, KSRSS is a mod intended to transform the stock solar system into the real solar system, but at stock size, with the objective to let you explore the solar system without many mods necessary in a RSS save. Also, we worked hard to make every body of the system pretty and unique. For example, with KSRSS, you can find dust storms on Mars, geysers on Enceladus, snow at the pole of the Earth and many other things. 

New feature in 0.7 : Contract Pack !

A contract pack is now included in KSRSS. They replace the stock exploration contracts. You need Contract Configurator or the contracts won’t appear. A “Probe before kerbal” tech tree is highly recommended.

Here are some of our recommendations :

• SIMPLEX Tech Tree
  • TETRIX Tech Tree
  • Kiwi Tech Tree
  • Probes Before Crew

Pics

3oMfvVD.jpgVMTJqJD.jpg

xKPOBaZ.jpg

tTpY9TZ.jpg

jIaCtzd.jpg

W5epHzn.jpg

zXuolWW.jpg

xgZIhN2.jpg

YkB2CKW.png

4fLOP6x.jpg

DragonFly on Titan by @Zarbon44:

screenshot1636.png

DV Map

Size x1 (default)

Spoiler

KSRSSDVMAPv1.jpg

Size 2.5x

Spoiler

KSRSSDVMAPv25.jpg

Installation and Download

Soon ;)

Recommended mods

Kronometer - Fix the ingame clock so one year = one actual year. Also fixes the day definition in x2.5. 

CapeKanaveral  - Adds Cape Canaveral in KSRSS. ONLY FOR x2.5 KSRSS.

BetterTimeWarp - Warp faster

Compatible mods

KSRSS is compatible with:

• CRP
  • RationalResources
  • FAR
  • Kerbalism
  • KopernicusExpansion (footprints)
  • DistantObjectEnhancement
  • PlanetShine
  • KSC-Switcher
  • Kerbalism
  • RemoteTech
  • FinalFrontier
  • ResearchBodies
  • Scatterer
  • EVE
  • SigmaBinary
  • KSCExtended

FAQ

Q: I want Pluto and Charon to be a binary system.

A : Install Sigma Binary.

Q: Is this a continuation of SSRSS?

A: It’s not. The idea is the same, but SSRSS is a rescale of RSS. KSRSS is a completely independent mod.

Q: Are you looking for translators?

A: We are! Currently, KSRSS is available in English and in French. The Chinese translation is incomplete, and we are missing the other languages. If you want to help with translation, join our discord : https://discord.gg/DDENnkn

Q: I found a bug, how do I report it?

A: Post a message in this thread with: a screenshot of the problem (if applicable), a screenshot of your GameData folder, your KSP version and your KSP.log (you can find it in your KSP folder) Do not paste the KSP.log here, upload the file to a sharing service (Google Drive, Dropbox, …) and send the link here. Make sure the link is public.

KSRSS is made by :

Tony48

Kierra

Fitz

Natsukira

Invaderchaos

With contributions by :

Rezza

CapCom

KerbalSpaceChallenge

XCM42-Orion

Special Thanks :

sDaZe and Galileo - For creating and maintaining SSRSS, the first mod to make a stock scaled real solar system in KSP, and what inspired us to make KSRSS.

Gameslinx - For developing Parallax and helping us with the configs

RTB, prestja, Thomas P and other Kopernicus contributors - For making planet modding possible

NathanKell and the RSS Team - For making RSS and the textures we are using for KSRSS.

License and legal stuff

Source code : https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS/-/tree/megapack

Spoiler

Cfg files are licensed CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0, textures are All Rights Reserved unless otherwise stated and plugin code is GPLv3 with some licensed CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 (see source files for details).

Copyright (c) KSRSS Team - 2020

KSRSS is derived from RSS. A huge thanks to NathanKell and the RO team for creating this mod. (CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0)

67P and Halley are from RSS Expansion by pozine, licensed CC-BY 4.0.

The grass and cactus textures are licensed MIT by Avera9eJoe and come from his mod, Spectra. All credit goes to him.

SigmaLoadingScreens is bundled with this mod and is covered by its own license.

Titan loading screen by Zarbon. Used with permission.

Toolbar Icon downloaded from Icons8.

Textures in KSRSS/Textures/KSRSSVE

Aurora texture is from Spectra, licensed MIT by Avera9eJoe (Joseph Hafner).

Snow and dust particles and dust map (dust_mars.dds) are from Sci-Fi Visual Enchancements by panzer1b.

Snow map (snow.dds) comes from Graphics Enhancements Assembly (CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0).

Sunflare is from here (CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0). All credits go to Thomassino for this wonderful sunflare.

Geysers textures (including rgb3.dds) and citylights textures come from AVP (CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0). All credits go to themaster01 and Astronomer for these textures.

Mars, Earth, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Titan, Uranus, Neptune cloud textures, aurora detail texture, UVNoise textures, saturn ring texture and cloud particle textures are taken from RSSVE by KSP RO Team (CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0) :

All the others textures were made by the KSRSS Team and are licensed CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0.

Textures in KSRSS/Textures/KSRSS

License: CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 International

Copyright (c) KSRSS Team - 2020

8K pack

Includes artwork by dimonnomid and SpacedInvader as well as some by NathanKell. Some planetary imagery is derived from work by Steve Albers and NASA / Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and some from the Celestia Motherlode (itself in the main sourced from JPL). Used by permission of the licenses for non-commercial release.

The Churyumov and Halley textures come from the RSS Expansion mod, originally by pozine, licensed CC-BY 4.0. Many textures are from the RSS-Textures repository licensed CC-BY-NC-SA by the KSP-RO team and were modified by the KSRSS Team.

Mimas, Tethys and Dione heightmaps by Kexitt based on these models.

16K pack

16K textures are from VaNnadin's 16K RSS texture pack (CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0).

Some planetary imagery is derived from work by Steve Albers and NASA / Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and some from the Celestia Motherlode (itself in the main sourced from JPL). Used by permission of the licenses for non-commercial release.

Ver.2.0.0 additional source https://www.deviantart.com/master-bit/gallery/65534146/planetary-textures https://www.deviantart.com/fargetanik/gallery/57723882/planetary-textures https://www.deviantart.com/snowfall-the-cat/gallery/48193721/add-ons-and-files

For the others textures :

Includes artwork by dimonnomid and SpacedInvader as well as some by NathanKell. Some planetary imagery is derived from work by Steve Albers and NASA / Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and some from the Celestia Motherlode (itself in the main sourced from JPL). Used by permission of the licenses for non-commercial release.

The Churyumov and Halley textures come from the RSS Expansion mod, originally by pozine, licensed CC-BY 4.0. Many textures are from the RSS-Textures repository licensed CC-BY-NC-SA by the KSP-RO team and were modified by the KSRSS Team.

Edited by tony48

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Idk if it's on purpose (how could it not be?) but some component of your mod is trying to be cute. Maybe I'm too old to appreciate the joke. Shame that all this work is overshadowed by something so pointless. Hopefully it gets removed.

It's active only 1rst April, don't worry.

Hi ! Thank you for your work ! :)

I just install KSRSS 0.5 with Sigma Dimension, but in the Space Center, i have an issue with the size of trees.

Is it possible that i took a wrong release of Sigma ?

1585742139-2020-04-01-13-50-56-kerbal-sp

My gamedata folder :

1585742282-2020-04-01-13-57-38-gamedata.

Edited by Sherwin

19 minutes ago, Sherwin said:

Hi ! Thank you for your work ! :)

I just install KSRSS 0.5 with Sigma Dimension, but in the Space Center, i have an issue with the size of trees.

Is it possible that i took a wrong release of Sigma ?

Looks like I forgot to disable the resize of scatters...

We will release a bugfix in a few days with a new config for Sigma Dimension

4 hours ago, Kierra said:

It's active only 1rst April, don't worry.

As a developer in another field maybe I'm just overly-sensitive about people putting unexpected code into software. It literally doesn't matter what the code is/does - it only matters that the author is willing to put something into the software that isn't part of the software's purpose, and that's enough to make me tune out. FWIW, the planets I looked at looked nice. Best of luck with the mod.

Hey, beautiful looking mod here, keep up the great work! I'm mainly an RSS/RO player, and this looks like a great idea to reduce the amount of mods. So, how would the delta-v requirements look like? Is it relatively the same as the stock system, or is there a specialized map?

1 hour ago, BadModder54 said:

Hey, beautiful looking mod here, keep up the great work! I'm mainly an RSS/RO player, and this looks like a great idea to reduce the amount of mods. So, how would the delta-v requirements look like? Is it relatively the same as the stock system, or is there a specialized map?

We are working on a dv map. The requirements are a little different from stock, especially the ones for the outer planets.

Great mod guys! Made me start a new save which is something i haven't done in awhile :D 

80OZG7I.jpg

Only thing i changed was to make the planets have the stock inclination, but thats just because i havent played in so long lol. 

9XcDfTc.png

Keep up the great work! 

Edited by sDaZe

22 hours ago, tony48 said:

We are working on a dv map. The requirements are a little different from stock, especially the ones for the outer planets.

Thanks for the reply! I love the mod, spent last night putting together a modpack for a new save I'll do with this. Just one small issue that I found: When landing on Halley or 67-P, the ground tends to glitch out horribly and go invisible as you get closer, I think it might have something to do with the irregular shape of the body which KSP's engine might not like. Ryugu is perfectly functional, however. In addition, is Venus's atmosphere thick/hot enough? I apologize if it was, it just did'nt appear as such. You have created arguably, the cleanest and most thoughtful planet pack I have ever seen. The terrain alone brought tears to my eyes, and made normal RSS look crusty in comparison. One last thing: Maybe add Miranda to the Uranian system? Thanks for your time! :D

4 hours ago, Zarbon44 said:

Truly a great mod! Love it so far, keep it up.TiKcNNc.png

This is... Beautiful. You are talented, that Dragonfly is spot-on.

37 minutes ago, BadModder54 said:

When landing on Halley or 67-P, the ground tends to glitch out horribly and go invisible as you get closer

Bug already fixed :)

38 minutes ago, BadModder54 said:

In addition, is Venus's atmosphere thick/hot enough?

It was thicker in previous releases but some crafts couldn't deploy their chutes and it took too long to reach the surface, so we decided to decrease the pressure.

56 minutes ago, BadModder54 said:

You have created arguably, the cleanest and most thoughtful planet pack I have ever seen.

:blush:

56 minutes ago, BadModder54 said:

Maybe add Miranda to the Uranian system?

This is for KSRSS 0.7.

29 minutes ago, tony48 said:

Bug already fixed :)

It was thicker in previous releases but some crafts couldn't deploy their chutes and it took too long to reach the surface, so we decided to decrease the pressure.

:blush:

This is for KSRSS 0.7.

Was the comet landing bug fixed in 0.5? I may be wrong, but I'll test 0.5 specifically in case I installed the wrong version. And the Venus atmosphere makes sense, now that I think about it. And, it's awesome to know that this'll be continually updated and improved! 

3 minutes ago, BadModder54 said:

Was the comet landing bug fixed in 0.5? I may be wrong, but I'll test 0.5 specifically in case I installed the wrong version. And the Venus atmosphere makes sense, now that I think about it. And, it's awesome to know that this'll be continually updated and improved! 

Sorry I meant we already fixed it for the next release.

1 hour ago, BadModder54 said:

One last thing: Maybe add Miranda to the Uranian system? Thanks for your time! :D

In addition to what @tony48 said, my goal for the 0.6 is to redo a large part of the reliefs that have not yet been redone correctly, for example Mercury or Enceladus.  I would like to have a rendering of the quality of the reliefs I was able to do on Titan. I will try to move forward as quickly as possible in order to be able to propose the 0.6 as soon as possible.

So don't worry if some reliefs still look particularly ugly (Mercury, Enceladus, all comets, etc). When this is done, new bodies can be added.

20 minutes ago, Kierra said:

In addition to what @tony48 said, my goal for the 0.6 is to redo a large part of the reliefs that have not yet been redone correctly, for example Mercury or Enceladus.  I would like to have a rendering of the quality of the reliefs I was able to do on Titan. I will try to move forward as quickly as possible in order to be able to propose the 0.6 as soon as possible.

So don't worry if some reliefs still look particularly ugly (Mercury, Enceladus, all comets, etc). When this is done, new bodies can be added.

28 minutes ago, tony48 said:

Sorry I meant we already fixed it for the next release.

No worries! Take your time on development, and trust me: this mod is FAR from ugly compared to even normal RSS. Keep up the amazing work, I'll just avoid the comets for now, lander-wise ;)