[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

566 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

51 minutes ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

Howdy y'all, this planet pack looks hella rad and decided to try it out. I did run into an issue in the 2.5x rescale regarding the KK statics, some appear uhh a little out of place.

LC-39A and B appear to be inside a hill
screenshot4.png?width=1125&height=703
screenshot8.png?width=1125&height=703
screenshot7.png?width=1125&height=703

Just reporting these here hoping to see if these can be fixed by next release, that'd be rad

It looks like we'll have to make KK configs especially for the x2.5 scale. Thanks for reporting this bug.

Some news about relief revamping : PQS & ScaledSpace view of Mercury are now coherents.

FjMsdsL.png3DWrzX8.png

4 minutes ago, KanzKa said:

It's it safe if i using the 4K textures (version 0.4) with KSRSS 0.5 ? Kinda curious...

The 4K textures of the 0.4 won't work with the 0.5. You should be able to run KSRSS with the 8K textures, they don't have a big impact on performance.

2 hours ago, Dr.Bucket said:

Is it possible to have other sizes for KSRSS like for example x3.2 in size for the system or there is only the stock size and the x2.5 size?

At the moment, only the x2.5 size is supported.

41 minutes ago, moguy16 said:

why is the ground around the space centre like this? (underfround)

Choose KSRSS High or KSRSS Med in the terrain settings. If you don’t see them, delete your settings.cfg and reboot KSP.

Is there an issue with the configs that makes the city lights textures still appear on the daylight side of earth? I installed and played yesterday ( very impressed btw) but this was one issue I spotted, whilst above the earth, the ground city textures appeared yellow/brown which made for a quite unappealing look. I'll try post a picture later but maybe you might know what I'm referring to.

Thanks

59 minutes ago, si2504 said:

@tony48  This is the cities issue i mentioned above. possible cause?

just using the stock size, not 2.5 scale, KSRSSVE 16K textures. thanks

NcKIcLk.png

Known issue, I think this is a EVE bug because RVE64k has it too. A fix will be included in the next release.

38 minutes ago, tony48 said:

Known issue, I think this is a EVE bug because RVE64k has it too. A fix will be included in the next release.

ok thank you, keep up the great work!

edit;  also @tony48, ive just tried the 2.5x resize and even with KSRSS texture quality set to "KSRSS high" in settings, the ground is still appearing sunken and trees vanished.oY0Uchh.png

Edited by si2504
additional info

1 hour ago, si2504 said:

ok thank you, keep up the great work!

edit;  also @tony48, ive just tried the 2.5x resize and even with KSRSS texture quality set to "KSRSS high" in settings, the ground is still appearing sunken and trees vanished.

Try KSRSS Med.

58 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

@tony48 do you need a clean install to use this mod?

You don't need one, but it's highly recommended.

13 minutes ago, Russekof71 said:

Hello, I wanted to know which mod would you advise me to have rocket parts that work with Sigma? I already have SSTU.

Every part mods work with Sigma, except the ones for RSS/RO.

I hate to say it but the high inclination is making my head hurt :).  I came back to the thread to see if there was a config to make it less... say at half the inclination, but I realised that Florida wouldnt be the best place to launch from in that case. 

Guess I'll have to get used to it right? I wonder how I can time my kOS launch script to launch once the Mün plain is lined up.

Thanks again.   Looking for ward to the updates. 

9 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I hate to say it but the high inclination is making my head hurt :).  Guess I'll have to get used to it right?

Yea personally from my experience in regular RSS you just gotta get used to it and you'll become a better player as a result.

Also ran into bit of lighting issues that I also get with regular RSS + Planetshine, idk if these can be fixed here but if so that'd be awesome.
Chanding ambient light values while in atmosphere seems to have no affect regardless of its setting
screenshot139.png?width=1125&height=703unknown.png
unknown.png

Ground and atmosphere ambient light doesnt seem to work either for brightening up the scene.

25 minutes ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

Also ran into bit of lighting issues that I also get with regular RSS + Planetshine, idk if these can be fixed here but if so that'd be awesome.
Chanding ambient light values while in atmosphere seems to have no affect regardless of its setting

Ground and atmosphere ambient light doesnt seem to work either for brightening up the scene.

Can you try with the new PlanetShine? https://github.com/prestja/ksp-planetshine/releases/