[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

566 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

1 hour ago, Russekof71 said:

hello! I wanted to know what is the altitude necessary to be in geostationary orbit

As @alberro+ has already said, the altitude for geostationary orbit is 2863.33404km above sea level, which means a semimajor axis of 3463.33404km

Here is a Video entirely made thanks to KSRSS V0.5 !

There is some slight PP adjustment, but the mod in itself works wonder.

Sorry, the video can't be embedded as it's uploaded on our website : Youtube reaaaaally smashes it, with compression artifact everywhere.

https://kerbalspacechallenge.fr/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Séquence-02_4.mp4

You might want to turn the sound up and toggle full screen, this is quite chill and contemplative, while being short ! This pic might help :p

KSRSS-0.5.png

Thanks again for this mod, KRSS-Team ;)

Hello guys

I am installing KSRSS and can somebody tell me exactly what I must have in my game data folder?

Here are all the required mods updated for KSP 1.8.1 and I still open the game on Kerbin!!!

3vHeoks.png

vzvmlZH.png

OK I got it!

i was missing "modular flight integrator!!

it works now

@gilflo You've missed KSRSSVE-Textures too ! Juste take it here https://github.com/KerbalFrench/KSRSSVE-Textures/releases/ It will put in your "KSRSSVE" folder a "Textures" folder, essential if you want to play with KSRSSVE. 

We are thinking about make an installer for a future update, cause we know that the install process is not easy. 

I'm halting my video production for a bit until the 1.9 version comes out or some of the bugs are fixed. The problem I'm facing is filming the comet trails and some of the trees are weird. Also all my Craft are in 1.9 so I'm waiting. 

Hello there.

New update ! A lot of bugfixes, but mostly : all the saturnian system is now implemented ! We also add 4k textures and localization. Here is the complete changelog for more information :

Spoiler

=== CHANGELOG 0.6 ===

Reliefs & colors :

- New heightmap for Enceladus, Mercury
- New colormap for Enceladus
- New reliefs for Venus
- Improve reliefs for Moon
- Improve Florida
- Improve French Guyana
- Complete Colormaps for Triton & Pluto

Ground textures :

- New Steep texture for Venus
- New Ground texture for Moon

Bugfixes :

- Fix MaxZoom for Ryugu, Halley, Chouri 
- Fix ScaledSpace -> PQS transitions for Ryugu, Halley, Chouri
- Scatters no longer in water. 
- Scatters are now diffuse.
- Fix Saturn rings 
- Fix rim for Titan, Saturn, Jupiter
- Fix offset of Normal/Heightmap for Moon

Scatterer :

- New config for Mars 

EVE

- Fix DetailDist for Earth clouds

New bodies : 

- Add Mimas, Thethys, Dione
- Realistic heightmap for Mimas, Thethys, Dione

Gameplay :

- Fix warpzone for Titan and Venus
- Add Kourou Launchpad
- Add support for localization 
- Add partial french localization
- News biome on Pluton, Charon & Triton

IMPORTANT : KK-KSRSS is not updated yet. Coming soon.

Edited by Kierra

39 minutes ago, Kierra said:

Hello there.

New update ! A lot of bugfixes, but mostly : all the saturnian system is now implemented ! We also add 4k textures and localization. Here is the complete changelog for more information :

Reveal hidden contents

=== CHANGELOG 0.6 ===

Reliefs & colors :

- New heightmap for Enceladus, Mercury
- New colormap for Enceladus
- New reliefs for Venus
- Improve reliefs for Moon
- Improve Florida
- Improve French Guyana
- Complete Colormaps for Triton & Pluto

Ground textures :

- New Steep texture for Venus
- New Ground texture for Moon

Bugfixes :

- Fix MaxZoom for Ryugu, Halley, Chouri 
- Fix ScaledSpace -> PQS transitions for Ryugu, Halley, Chouri
- Scatters no longer in water. 
- Scatters are now diffuse.
- Fix Saturn rings 
- Fix rim for Titan, Saturn, Jupiter
- Fix offset of Normal/Heightmap for Moon

Scatterer :

- New config for Mars 

EVE

- Fix DetailDist for Earth clouds

New bodies : 

- Add Mimas, Thethys, Dione
- Realistic heightmap for Mimas, Thethys, Dione

Gameplay :

- Fix warpzone for Titan and Venus
- Add Kourou Launchpad
- Add support for localization 
- Add partial french localization
- News biome on Pluton, Charon & Triton

IMPORTANT : KK-KSRSS is not updated yet. Coming soon.

just installed, will let you know of any issues, if any at all. great job

@Kierra 0.6 has totally broke the game for me. All old files was uninstalled before the 0.6 versions was installed apart from KK-KSRSS. I,ve tried with graphics settings set at default high, and KSRSS. I cannot enter the VAB, Tracking station, Map view and when i click on the red leave button in the top right hand corner and try and choose exit to main menu, it does nothing, just reverts back to the KSC view.

this is what the KSC looks like with graphics settings on highbHnxwxl.jpg

and this is what it looks like with graphics settings set on KSRSS

fJSMHwE.png

Regardless though, nothing in the KSC view is able to be interacted with correctly. I've tried deleting settings.cfg numerous times and tried different settings but nothing works. I've even tried different quality texture files, 16k, 8k, 4k etc.

@si2504

You're not the only one to report this bug. You can try it to fix them :

- Remove KK-KSRSS and dependencies. It is not updated yet for 0.6 and older versions are not compatible with KSRSS 0.6
- Delete "Cache" folder in KSRSS/KSRSSKopernicus
- Remove settings.cfg, set preset to KSRSS

But, there is clearly a mistake in one of the .cfg file. I'll work to fix it as soon as possible and i'll publish a bugfixe release when it will be done. In the time until then, I hope that the above process will fix this bug. Sorry for the inconvenience :/.

Edited by Kierra

Hi

Just installed (on fresh ksp install, with scaterrer 0.0600), seems to work perfectly :)

if i want to update my existing install (KK-KSRSS  not installed), can i just replace KSRSS, KSRSS-textures and KSRSSVE folders?

EDIT: ok, just replace folders seems to work

Edited by winproof

9 hours ago, Kierra said:

@si2504

You're not the only one to report this bug. You can try it to fix them :

- Remove KK-KSRSS and dependencies. It is not updated yet for 0.6 and older versions are not compatible with KSRSS 0.6
- Delete "Cache" folder in KSRSS/KSRSSKopernicus
- Remove settings.cfg, set preset to KSRSS

But, there is clearly a mistake in one of the .cfg file. I'll work to fix it as soon as possible and i'll publish a bugfixe release when it will be done. In the time until then, I hope that the above process will fix this bug. Sorry for the inconvenience :/.

No problem, it's not an inconvenience at all and I understand there may be slight issues that need ironing out. Thanks

So far so good ! The highest resolution of KSRSS+VE 0.6 runs flawless on my rig (i7 7740X @4.84GHz, 1060 6go, 16Go DDR4) and the results is really astonishing (there is some other visual mods, but damn, KSRSS+VE is the key !).

Pics soon when i'm back to my main computer !

All Graphics settings maxed out as well and KSRSS quality selected.

I did the Setting file trick, but checked before : with a clean 1.8.1 install and the original setting file, I already had the "KSRSS" quality level in Graphics tab. But the 2 last level were "KSRSS".

Once I closed the game to delete the Setting file and allow the game to generate a new proper one, the slider was fine, only one KSRSS quality level to be selected, and palm trees in the grass ;) 

19 minutes ago, Dakitess said:

So far so good ! The highest resolution of KSRSS+VE 0.6 runs flawless on my rig (i7 7740X @4.84GHz, 1060 6go, 16Go DDR4) and the results is really astonishing (there is some other visual mods, but damn, KSRSS+VE is the key !).

Pics soon when i'm back to my main computer !

All Graphics settings maxed out as well and KSRSS quality selected.

I did the Setting file trick, but checked before : with a clean 1.8.1 install and the original setting file, I already had the "KSRSS" quality level in Graphics tab. But the 2 last level were "KSRSS".

Once I closed the game to delete the Setting file and allow the game to generate a new proper one, the slider was fine, only one KSRSS quality level to be selected, and palm trees in the grass ;) 

Do you have KK-KSRSS installed though? That seems to be causing the most bugs because it isn't updated. I really like using the modular launch pads with tundra space station so I may just stick to 0.5 until KK-KSRSS is updated and the bugs ironed out.

when try to find the origin of the "Newtext" bug, i've see something strange (or not, maybe it's normal? :))

in settings.cfg, line 2291 (preset for ksrss) , the first planet name is "kerbin", but all others are real solar system planet...

20 minutes ago, Arco123 said:

Do you know anything about the Newtext bug? 

Probably a KSP bug

11 minutes ago, winproof said:

when try to find the origin of the "Newtext" bug, i've see something strange (or not, maybe it's normal? :))

in settings.cfg, line 2291 (preset for ksrss) , the first planet name is "kerbin", but all others are real solar system planet...

That’s normal, Kerbin is the internal name of Earth

2 hours ago, Dakitess said:

Nope, you're right, I do not have KK-KSRSS !

i dont know how your files are different to mine because even with KK-KSRSS not installed, im still unable to do anything! VAB doesn't work, SPH doesnt work, tracking station doesn't work, nothing does. so strange

3 hours ago, si2504 said:

i dont know how your files are different to mine because even with KK-KSRSS not installed, im still unable to do anything! VAB doesn't work, SPH doesnt work, tracking station doesn't work, nothing does. so strange

Try with a new save.