[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

566 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

7 hours ago, Carni35 said:

DA229,

I try to make principa work since the first release of KSRSS (more than a year now). I suggest you to forget the idea ^^ Sadly, nobody from the principia forum seem ok to take the time of doing a compatibility patch...

Well, then I'll ask them to do it.

How exactly are you supposed to make the system x2.5? I've copied the .cfg and pasted it in the settings.cfg that comes with sigma dimensions, but the equilateral radius of earth is still 600km, which should be bigger if im not wrong.

EDIT: I've fixed my issue I believe but I have this now:

x3Rznc3.png

DENK03H.png

Edited by NateDaBeast

On 9/2/2020 at 5:39 PM, NateDaBeast said:

How exactly are you supposed to make the system x2.5? I've copied the .cfg and pasted it in the settings.cfg that comes with sigma dimensions, but the equilateral radius of earth is still 600km, which should be bigger if im not wrong.

EDIT: I've fixed my issue I believe but I have this now:

x3Rznc3.png

DENK03H.png

Hi! I fixed this issue in the past, and you'll want to go into your KSRSS 2.5x configs and find the setting @repositionRadiusOffset, which refers to the KSC's altitude above the terrain. Change that to about 515 and you'll be golden. 

3 hours ago, BadModder54 said:

Hi! I fixed this issue in the past, and you'll want to go into your KSRSS 2.5x configs and find the setting @repositionRadiusOffset, which refers to the KSC's altitude above the terrain. Change that to about 515 and you'll be golden. 

Next time I try out the mod I'll remember to do this. Thanks!

On 9/8/2020 at 8:15 PM, vitaly_play said:

Kopernicus wasn't able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. Loading your saved game is NOT recommended, because the missing planets could corrupt it and delete your progress.

It's because KSRSS doesnt support 1.9.1

The main problem why I am not using KSRSS 1.8.1 and waiting for KSRSS 1.9.1 is that version 1.8.1 has very poor optimization and loads the PC even more than a full AVP with 8K textures and all the extras. Now KSRSS is, to put it mildly, unplayable. At maximum AVP settings in stable version 1.9.1, I get over 60 frames. While KSRSS 1.8.1 produces no more than 33-35 frames on the launch pad, the size of the textures and their quality practically do not affect the FPS.

Edited by OOM

KSRSS 2.5x, in my opinions brings all the challenge of JNSQ with the beauty of our real solar system, and out of all of the planet packs i've used, this has to be the most exciting and beautiful one.

Spoiler

FklAr1U.png

Gb9IxAC.png

ekCWGTQ.png

MKSFuAX.png

oB0tgvd.png

Spoiler

pc3IQ1T.pngGtXxNLp.pngPedkFMd.png

Edited by alberro+

2 hours ago, alberro+ said:

KSRSS 2.5x, in my opinions brings all the challenge of JNSQ with the beauty of our real solar system, and out of all of the planet packs i've used, this has to be the most exciting and beautiful one.

Reveal hidden contents

FklAr1U.png

Gb9IxAC.png

ekCWGTQ.png

MKSFuAX.png

oB0tgvd.png

Reveal hidden contents

Hey, did you ever figure out how to manage propulsive landing on 2.5x scale? The stock reusable boosters never have enough fuel to get anything meaningful into orbit compared to parachute reusability.

4 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Reveal hidden contents

FklAr1U.png

Gb9IxAC.png

ekCWGTQ.png

MKSFuAX.png

oB0tgvd.png

Reveal hidden contents

I agree. However, this mod currently has one terrible problem - it is not compatible with REX (Real Exoplanet). REX treats KSRSS as regular RSS and scales the planets to the size of the real Earth. Hopefully in version 1.9.1 this will be fixed. Please ... make the config compatible with REX. 

Playing without other star systems is somehow incomplete. I would like to do some interstellar missions like Deadalus.

Edited by OOM