[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

566 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

Hello everyone.

We're working on 0.7 update. We was waiting for Parallax Shader made by @Gameslinx.

Also, some informations :

KSRSS is NOT currently playable in 1.9.
KSRSS is compatible with EVE Redux, but we need to tune fog on Titan & Venus to make KSRSS fully compatible with EVE Redux.

KK-KSRSS will be removed soon, we wont work on it until the final release of KSRSS.
We won't make a support for Atlas Shader, and that's the reason why we was waiting for Parallax.

If you need support, please ask directly on our discord where we are much more reactive.

Edited by Kierra

12 hours ago, Kierra said:

Hello everyone.

We're working on 0.7 update. We was waiting for Parallax Shader made by @Gameslinx.

Also, some informations :

KSRSS is NOT currently playable in 1.9.
KSRSS is compatible with EVE Redux, but we need to tune fog on Titan & Venus to make KSRSS fully compatible with EVE Redux.

KK-KSRSS will be removed soon, we wont work on it until the final release of KSRSS.
We won't make a support for Atlas Shader, and that's the reason why we was waiting for Parallax.

If you need support, please ask directly on our discord where we are much more reactive.

Worth the wait if you guys implement Parallax. Can't wait to try it out!

16 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

Worth the wait if you guys implement Parallax. Can't wait to try it out!

On 10/4/2020 at 12:23 PM, Kierra said:

I will watch your career with great interest.

Is the release anytime SoonTM (1 or 2 weeks?)? Sorry to be that guy, but I am only asking because I would like to start up a game using KSRSS but don't want my game to break from the update. Unless the update wouldn't bother the save which would be amazing!

Edited by NateDaBeast

The biggest question is: Will KSRSS be REX (Real Exoplanet) compatible? Right now, 2021 is on the horizon with KSP 2, and it's just not cool to be limited to just a home solar system.
It's just that the configs that are now - they make REX to the size of the real Earth, since REX considers KSRSS to be a real RSS.

Edited by OOM

On 10/6/2020 at 2:40 AM, NateDaBeast said:

Is the release anytime SoonTM (1 or 2 weeks?)? Sorry to be that guy, but I am only asking because I would like to start up a game using KSRSS but don't want my game to break from the update. Unless the update wouldn't bother the save which would be amazing!

Probably not.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:08 AM, OOM said:

The biggest question is: Will KSRSS be REX (Real Exoplanet) compatible? Right now, 2021 is on the horizon with KSP 2, and it's just not cool to be limited to just a home solar system.
It's just that the configs that are now - they make REX to the size of the real Earth, since REX considers KSRSS to be a real RSS.

@AndrewDraws said he was working on REX-KSRSS compatibility (let us know if you need help with that).

For anyone else playing 2.5x scale, I converted the RSS Δv map to quarter-scale.  It's not an exact match (RSS is about 11 times Kerbin-scale), but it's close enough (and slightly over-estimates how much you need, so it gives you a little extra safety margin with these numbers).

7BzhIan.png

20 hours ago, tony48 said:

Ok I was not expecting that.

Almost 1k upvotes on reddit!

(u/RocketGamer06 is me)

1.1k now :D I’m one of them. Seriously I can’t wait for this... was waiting for parallax for stock, but this is even better! Thanks for doing this! 

On 10/15/2020 at 12:40 PM, RoboRay said:

For anyone else playing 2.5x scale, I converted the RSS Δv map to quarter-scale.  It's not an exact match (RSS is about 11 times Kerbin-scale), but it's close enough (and slightly over-estimates how much you need, so it gives you a little extra safety margin with these numbers).

These maps are so useful! Thanks very much. Also, I was wondering, what is the program that you used to create it? 

On 10/19/2020 at 12:41 PM, Severno said:

These maps are so useful! Thanks very much. Also, I was wondering, what is the program that you used to create it? 

I didn't create the artwork...  I just updated the numbers on the RSS map for the smaller scale.  Going to quarter-scale is really easy, as it simply reduces all the costs to half.

Credits for the artwork and original math are in the upper-left portion.

Edited by RoboRay

• 2 weeks later...