[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

1 hour ago, Kakub said:

Hey guys. Is there any way to get Soviet/Russian launch sites ?

Yes, KSRSS comes with some presets for various real launch sights, meant to work with the mod KSC Switcher. Install the mod, load up the game, and switch launch sites using the Tracking Station.

In case anyone is looking for a fix for the floating land/KSC bug in the 2.5x version of this, I will share one solution I found.

Go into the KSCSwitcher folder, and open the file "LaunchSites.cfg" Find the block for us_cape_canaveral and copy and paste the below text into the respective area:

PQSCity
            {
                KEYname = KSC
                lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
                latitude = 28.48
                longitude = -80.69
                repositionRadiusOffset = 0
                reorientFinalAngle = -9.395667
            }
            PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
            {
                radius = 12000
                heightMapDeformity = 80
                absoluteOffset = 0
                absolute = true
                latitude = 28.4
                longitude = -81.1
            }

This moves the KSC a bit further up on the Florida peninsula and closer to the real Cape Canaveral, also eliminating the floating parcel of land.

20 hours ago, Jhorriga said:

clouds still aren't showing up despite selecting resolution and rebooting , I'm using the 1.11 version

Make sure you have a compatible EVE installed. You may also need Scatterer (not sure if 0.7 VE works only with EVE).

Also, note that clouds not showing in main menu is a known bug - everything works perfectly once you load the save, so no one really cares about it.

Edited by biohazard15

I just installed the Gitlab release onto the latest KSP, and Eve/Scatterer/DAO/Planet Shine/KSC Switcher from CKAN and stuffed Sigma Dimensions on top.  I followed all the instructions on the OP and it all works perfectly.

Where is the rescale config hidden?  I stuffed SigmaDimensions into GameData and it's definitely scaled everything up to what I assume is 2.5x (Earth atmo is at around 90km) but I can't figure out how to confirm.

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Make sure you have a compatible EVE installed. You may also need Scatterer (not sure if 0.7 VE works only with EVE).

Also, note that clouds not showing in main menu is a known bug - everything works perfectly once you load the save, so no one really cares about it.

still isn't working at all, even outside of the menu

39 minutes ago, Friznit said:

I just installed the Gitlab release onto the latest KSP, and Eve/Scatterer/DAO/Planet Shine/KSC Switcher from CKAN and stuffed Sigma Dimensions on top.  I followed all the instructions on the OP and it all works perfectly.

Where is the rescale config hidden?  I stuffed SigmaDimensions into GameData and it's definitely scaled everything up to what I assume is 2.5x (Earth atmo is at around 90km) but I can't figure out how to confirm.

yup with sigma installed you get 2.5x. See ksrss/patches/2.5xKSRSS.cfg, I believe. BDB in this setup is utterly addictive.

43 minutes ago, Jhorriga said:

still isn't working at all, even outside of the menu

I have Eve Redux 1.11.3.1, and scatterer 0.772.0.0, and the Gitlab download, clouds work for me. 

9 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

yup with sigma installed you get 2.5x. See ksrss/patches/2.5xKSRSS.cfg, I believe. BDB in this setup is utterly addictive.

I have Eve Redux 1.11.3.1, and scatterer 0.772.0.0, and the Gitlab download, clouds work for me. 

How did you go about installing the gitlab download? I might've installed mine incorrectly. Did you just put everything in the KSRSS folder into gamedata?

37 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

For additional addiction, install Tantares, KNES, CRE, SOCK, MLP and as many smaller "stockalike replica" mods as your system can manage, then go here - https://space.skyrocket.de/directories/chronology.htm - and try to replicate as many launches as you can, in chronological progression, using real rockets (or replicas made from existing parts) and real launch sites. Additional points for plausible alternate history substitutes, like using Vega instead of Agena.

Edited by biohazard15

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 7:05 PM, lemon cup said:

Yes, KSRSS comes with some presets for various real launch sights, meant to work with the mod KSC Switcher. Install the mod, load up the game, and switch launch sites using the Tracking Station.

Are they supposed to be just copies of the KSC??? I go to each one and it’s just the basic KSC at each landmass

1 hour ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Are they supposed to be just copies of the KSC??? I go to each one and it’s just the basic KSC at each landmass

Yes. The mod KSCSwitcher only does just that, just moves the stock KSC to whatever lat and long coordinates the config has listed. 

You are probably thinking of the functionality provided by KerbalKonstructs, which uses an entirely different system to generate custom static buildings and launch sites. Some planet packs (like JNSQ) come with premade custom configs for KK, but KSRSS does not.

The good news is that they are both compatible, so with KK installed you can custom create your own facilities anywhere, and still use KSC Switcher at the same time.