[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

566 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

8 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I don't see a tab to change textures resolution on the main screen or in game

Q: I found a bug, how do I report it?

A: Post a message in this thread with: a screenshot of the problem (if applicable), a screenshot of your GameData folder, your KSP version and your KSP.log (you can find it in your KSP folder) Do not paste the KSP.log here, upload the file to a sharing service (Google Drive, Dropbox, …) and send the link here. Make sure the link is public.
:)

1 hour ago, tony48 said:

Should be fixed in the last beta

Unfortunately not for me. I updated the entire KSRSS folder from gitlabs this morning.

Here's my VAB, which looks the same regardless of the KSC location:

Spoiler

WKCYwbE.jpg

And my setup info:

29 minutes ago, BalticPagan said:

Hello, im new to KSP moding, so  i have run into problem,
I instaled all the requed, and some of suggested mods, but game desont work anymore.

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

First of all, you've installed KSRSS wrong. Do not extract the whole archive into Gamedata, extract only KSRSS folder.

Second, what do you mean by "doesn't work anymore"? It doesn't load at all, crashes during loading, doesn't load the save?

Also: you really don't want to use Steam install as your modded install. Copy KSP folder anywhere else (it has no DRM or whatever, you don't need Steam to run it), and keep Steam install 100% stock.

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

First of all, you've installed KSRSS wrong. Do not extract the whole archive into Gamedata, extract only KSRSS folder.

Second, what do you mean by "doesn't work anymore"? It doesn't load at all, crashes during loading, doesn't load the save?

Also: you really don't want to use Steam install as your modded install. Copy KSP folder anywhere else (it has no DRM or whatever, you don't need Steam to run it), and keep Steam install 100% stock.

Ok, i reinstalled KSRSS corectly this time, but it still after ''loading'' all the files in, freezes before i get acces to main menu.
Like i assume i dont have the corect game version, but i coudnt find for what game version this mod is, cause its not stated on mod page

1 hour ago, BalticPagan said:

Ok, i reinstalled KSRSS corectly this time, but it still after ''loading'' all the files in, freezes before i get acces to main menu.
Like i assume i dont have the corect game version, but i coudnt find for what game version this mod is, cause its not stated on mod page

Ok, i fixed problem,
re dowlanded, and re installed all the mods, and now it works on 1.10.1

1 hour ago, BalticPagan said:

Can you post KSP.log (found in main KSP folder)?

"Freezes" during loading are pretty much normal for modded KSP. Heavily modded installs may take 10-15 minutes to load (some take 20+ minutes!). Just Alt-Tab back to browser or whatever you've been doing and wait for main menu music. If game crashes during this time with no apparent reason, this may indicate insufficient RAM.

0.7 beta is meant for 1.10.1 and later versions. It works fine with 1.12.2.

13 hours ago, GP_LeChuck said:

Am I correct that Breaking Ground Surface features are incompatible with this mod? Thanks!

They are compatible :)

35 minutes ago, VASMIR said:

Love your mod!  But when I'm near most bodies with an atmosphere, there is this weird halo around them.  Any idea on how to fix this?

Is this happening without scatterer installed?

56 minutes ago, tony48 said:

They are compatible :)

Is this happening without scatterer installed?

Yep, no scatterer installed.  

Also I landed a small probe on mars and about 1 kilometer above the surface the surface disappeared.  Did I forget to click something in the main menu?

I too, do not have the Tab or window for KSRSS showing up.

Here is a GameData Folder screenshot

OSqMW5Q.png

AT4DaRJ.png

KSP.log here

Spoiler

I am on Mac

Spoiler

I would also like to know if there is a way to safely delete the texture folders for the resolution you are not using

On 9/4/2021 at 3:03 PM, VASMIR said:

Yep, no scatterer installed.  

Thanks, can you post a screenshot of the weird halos please?

On 9/4/2021 at 3:03 PM, VASMIR said:

Also I landed a small probe on mars and about 1 kilometer above the surface the surface disappeared.  Did I forget to click something in the main menu?

Please post a screenshot of the problem, a screenshot of your gamedata folder and a link to your KSP.log uploaded to a storage service.

14 minutes ago, TRAPPIST-1E said:

I too, do not have the Tab or window for KSRSS showing up.

Your forgot to install ClickThroughBlocker, which is a dependency for ToolbarControl. I know this isn't KSRSS related, but sometimes an error from one mod can impact another.

2 hours ago, TRAPPIST-1E said:

I would also like to know if there is a way to safely delete the texture folders for the resolution you are not using

But is it possible to do this? I would like to do it so that KSRSS does not take up 5 Gigabytes of space from textures i am not using

28 minutes ago, TRAPPIST-1E said:

But is it possible to do this? I would like to do it so that KSRSS does not take up 5 Gigabytes of space from textures i am not using

I think you can delete the 4k or 16k folder safely, but not the 8k.

Hi there,

I'm kinda stucked : I want to get the very best visual that's possible around the Space Center for BDA tournament that will stick there, and I finally built a very nice KSP Install based on KSRSS, scaled to x2.5 using Sigma, enhanced locally by the wonderful Katniss Cap Canaveral and its x2.5 config, and the whole graphics mods set, you know, PlanetShine, DoE, TU, TURD, Waterfall, etc, etc.

But I can't get properly good clouds. Like, really, they looks like crap, don't know if it's related to x2.5 scale, but my AVP install looks way better. I've tried KVE on top of the install, it did not ruin anything, works fine, but no improvement.

So, this is the question, how can I improve the clouds to get the very best looking one with my install ?

I would really appreciate any help !

Some mandatory pics of the GameData as well as what it looks like so far :

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

On 8/29/2021 at 12:20 PM, tony48 said:

Q: I found a bug, how do I report it?

A: Post a message in this thread with: a screenshot of the problem (if applicable), a screenshot of your GameData folder, your KSP version and your KSP.log (you can find it in your KSP folder) Do not paste the KSP.log here, upload the file to a sharing service (Google Drive, Dropbox, …) and send the link here. Make sure the link is public.
:)

Screen_Shot_2021-09-12_at_3.41.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-09-12_at_3.41.43_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2021-09-12_at_3.41.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-09-12_at_3.41.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-09-12_at_3.42.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-09-12_at_3.42.06_PM.png

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrdlyzwv4fglt2n/KSP.log?dl=0

A screenshot of the issue is probably pointless cause it's just the tab that lets me change texture resolution not showing up.

Edited by SpaceFace545

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please provide some tips on how to use Kronometer with KSRSS? Once installed does it automatically update the clock to a 24 hour day? My game seems to still be on a 6 hour day. Gamedata screen shot below:

jHCcTMH.jpg

I checked the button in settings to use Earth time. Still doesn't work. Do I have to change the setting.cfg file?

Thanks