[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

Great Mod! I have SVE, EVE, and Scatterer, but when I play the game... clouds and city lights just... don't load?

Here is game data and inside the ksrss folder

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qw3vG_OhYQyffAi35NoY7aTIsO224ZbN/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QZvi67AYwYHRTfOu6Jd0NaANgojVwPDy/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, dababykerman said:

Hello, I think that I found a bug. The night time/dark side of planets is shiny and bright when it's supposed to be dark. 

1 hour ago, OliviaTheGreat said:

Great Mod! I have SVE, EVE, and Scatterer, but when I play the game... clouds and city lights just... don't load?

Just thought I'd quickly mention that scatterer needs to be version 0.772 and not the more recent builds starting with 0.8. Not positive that will help either of you - but it's a thing to check :)

5 hours ago, dababykerman said:

Hello, I think that I found a bug. The night time/dark side of planets is shiny and bright when it's supposed to be dark. Image

On the main menu screen turn terrain detail to max, and then hit save and restart.

Hi , Does parallax work with KSRSS now or it's still buggy on the moon ?

12 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

On the main menu screen turn terrain detail to max, and then hit save and restart.

That's what I needed before , but it's good now

17 hours ago, OliviaTheGreat said:

Here is game data and inside the ksrss folder

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qw3vG_OhYQyffAi35NoY7aTIsO224ZbN/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QZvi67AYwYHRTfOu6Jd0NaANgojVwPDy/view?usp=sharing

1- Do you have BoulderCo ?

2-The city lights only work in the USA ( in-game) , have you checked that ?

I Installed KSRSS with 16k ground and 32k clouds, Scatterer, Tufx, Parallax etc. 

How do I get those beautiful palms/Pads around Cape Canaveral, I just installed all mods on 1.12.3, installed Ksc extended which only works for Kurou which is a shame. Is it Part of the 2,5 lx upscale? Also, Sigmas Rescale kinda breaks my install causing several b9 part switch problems. How do I scale KSRSS up in 1.12.3? Great mod, coming from RO/RSS to KSRSS

Thanks in advance for any reply!

52 minutes ago, A-Aeronautics said:

I Installed KSRSS with 16k ground and 32k clouds, Scatterer, Tufx, Parallax etc. 

How do I get those beautiful palms/Pads around Cape Canaveral, I just installed all mods on 1.12.3, installed Ksc extended which only works for Kurou which is a shame. Is it Part of the 2,5 lx upscale? Also, Sigmas Rescale kinda breaks my install causing several b9 part switch problems. How do I scale KSRSS up in 1.12.3? Great mod, coming from RO/RSS to KSRSS

Thanks in advance for any reply!

First of all , parallax is broken , remove it , It'll be fixed later for ksrss .

The second point is that sigma dimensions has nothing to do to B9 part switch , you can post your error here so we could know what is that specific error.

For sure you can reascale ksrss to 2.5x but how this doesn't work for you ?

34 minutes ago, Drehverschluss said:

Hello there.

First of all very nice mod so far. Still trying to get the modpack to work how "i" like it.

But i want to ask one question. Is Titan really supposed to look like this? 

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Sorry but can you consider putting it on imgur as there is no image ?

Edited by mmamh2008

8 hours ago, Drehverschluss said:

Does the Likes mean its ok to look like this with Scatterer 0.0772?

As far as I can tell, yes that's what mine looks like, too. The scatterer change wasn't to improve anything, it's just plain broken if you use 0.8, you would have seen a lot more problems eventually. From here with 0.772, you're in the right place to make other improvements if you want. hard to know what you mean about Saturn, though. 

I seem to have found a bug in the contractpack. I have completed the First Kerbal in Orbit and Flyby the moon contracts.

The next contract is meant to be "first EVA". Looking at it in the "All" section it shows three requirements: all three are shown as "Met". I also have upgraded the astronaut centre to enable EVAs - yet the contract isn't being offered. In fact, no more contracts are available. 

I currently have all stock contracts disabled, only the contracts from packs (KSRSS, ScanSat and CactEye) are enabled. I thought perhaps the issue was caused by the Better Early Trree mod - but removing that didn't make a difference.

I honestly have no idea what else could be needed to make the next contract available ? 

11 hours ago, ScubaSteveWA said:

This mod is incredible, but is there any list anywhere that details the new low space and high space boundaries at 2.5 scale?  Maybe I'm just blind but I have not been able to find one.

I'm searching for them too , the land is blurred.

On 1/27/2022 at 12:16 AM, mmamh2008 said:

First of all , parallax is broken , remove it , It'll be fixed later for ksrss .

The second point is that sigma dimensions has nothing to do to B9 part switch , you can post your error here so we could know what is that specific error.

For sure you can reascale ksrss to 2.5x but how this doesn't work for you ?

Sorry, my bad, i used the CKAN version of Sigma dimensions. After installing the one from the github repo, everything worked, including the Cape kanaveral mod. Thanks for your reply!

I've been having issues with the 2.5x KSRSS terrain, mostly because it appears that most landmasses are just cloud layers and not physical. I wanna know if this is an issue with 2.5x only and if there is a fix/patch for this
First image shows earth from a couple km up, maybe space
https://imgur.com/IlYc9Rh 
Second image shows close to the ground
https://imgur.com/yLSqMA6

On 1/31/2022 at 8:09 PM, mmamh2008 said:

Can someone help me understand the dV map ?

Also , Should I use realfuels for making those big dV numbers ?

Earth Asc number gets you into orbit (5375).  Then add the Total to LO number for how much you need in your transfer stage(s) to get from Low Earth Orbit to Low Orbit at your destination (e.g. for Mars it's a maximum of 3225 taking into account mid course corrects for plane change on the way).

You don't necessarily need real fuels but nuclear or xenon engines start to become very useful to get dV's above 9k.  You do need to manage your expectations on the size and mass of the payload.  Also bear in mind that you don't necessarily need to get into Low Orbit on some of the bigger bodies but can use them to slingshot your craft into orbit of a moon, or even aerobrake in atmo if you're feeling brave.

Edited by Friznit

6 minutes ago, Friznit said:

Earth Asc number gets you into orbit (5375).  Then add the Total to LO number for how much you need in your transfer stage(s) to get from Low Earth Orbit to Low Orbit at your destination (e.g. for Mars it's a maximum of 3225 taking into account mid course corrects for plane change on the way).

You don't necessarily need real fuels but nuclear or xenon engines start to become very useful to get dV's above 9k.  You do need to manage your expectations on the size and mass of the payload.  Also bear in mind that you don't necessarily need to get into Low Orbit on some of the bigger bodies but can use them to slingshot your craft into orbit of a moon, or even aerobrake in atmo if you're feeling brave.

Thanks friznit !