[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

7 minutes ago, Rustyskiessam said:

A darker brown haze - all atmospheric haze is now present on all planets otherwise. 

sorry - maybe you can show pictures of what you're unhappy with? also, remember that tufx can drastically change what an atmosphere looks like, so try it with nothing else besides eve/scatterer, or with the default-empty tufx config. Also, scaled space (map view) is different at different altitudes, and different than when you're in the flight scene controlling a vessel, so i'm not sure what you're seeing where.

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

sorry - maybe you can show pictures of what you're unhappy with? also, remember that tufx can drastically change what an atmosphere looks like, so try it with nothing else besides eve/scatterer, or with the default-empty tufx config. Also, scaled space (map view) is different at different altitudes, and different than when you're in the flight scene controlling a vessel, so i'm not sure what you're seeing where.

https://imgur.com/QnYE6rQ

https://imgur.com/HFhXkJI

shouldnt there be clouds?

25 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

tbh, I'm never sure what things are "supposed" to look like. I took two shots similar to yours, so here's what my system looks like today. Have you tried landing? There are definitely clouds during descent.

Hide contents

LFDlDqQ.png

a1RFvLu.png

Ive never seen the clouds working like that for me... ill try to land.

E2xES7z.png

a2k75ld.png

9 minutes ago, Rustyskiessam said:

Ive never seen the clouds working like that for me... ill try to land.

E2xES7z.png

a2k75ld.png

There doesnt seem to be a config for titan's clouds in the VE texture configs. 

5 hours ago, Rustyskiessam said:

There doesnt seem to be a config for titan's clouds in the VE texture configs. 

Hmm, idk what that is. Sounds like maybe you have something installed that I don't have. I'm using the KSRSS folder as it appears in the download, plus eve, plus scatterer - but no other configs for KSRSS. I believe the entries you're looking for are in GameData\KSRSS\KSRSSVE\EVE\Clouds.cfg?

Spoiler

TvrulzR.png

0mGUosM.png

42 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hmm, idk what that is. Sounds like maybe you have something installed that I don't have. I'm using the KSRSS folder as it appears in the download, plus eve, plus scatterer - but no other configs for KSRSS. I believe the entries you're looking for are in GameData\KSRSS\KSRSSVE\EVE\Clouds.cfg?

Hide contents

TvrulzR.png

0mGUosM.png

Yeah the titan stuff is there. I will note that im also missing auroras on planets, and dust storms on mars, as well as city lights... any idea what may be causing that?

6 hours ago, Rustyskiessam said:

any idea what may be causing that?

Not really. The only problem with citylights that I know about is a conflict with Parallax. I suggest reducing your mods to the bare minimum for a planet pack, plus KSRSS, plus Eve, plus scatterer, and see what you get. With these things, the devil is always in the details. You have something installed that's conflicting with normal KSRSS display, so it's probably best to take a step back and get a super basic install looking correct, and then go from there. 

4 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Not really. The only problem with citylights that I know about is a conflict with Parallax. I suggest reducing your mods to the bare minimum for a planet pack, plus KSRSS, plus Eve, plus scatterer, and see what you get. With these things, the devil is always in the details. You have something installed that's conflicting with normal KSRSS display, so it's probably best to take a step back and get a super basic install looking correct, and then go from there. 

A1196mM.png

Cleared out all unnecessary mods, and the clouds on titan seem to be working - earths aurora is back too.

qr40szP.pngFvDLRtn.png

XbfOCaQ.png

These are all the mods i had to remove. are there any that have been issues in the past?

I'm at a loss here I wonder if anyone can help. Ever since I updated to 0.7 the Thor-Agena I've been using from BDB no longer works, it has lost roll control and seems to be unable to stop itself tipping over anywhere after 5km. This craft used to work fine and I've done so many launches with it.

Has anything been changed in KSRSS that would make these things happen? I haven't changed anything else since this started and I even tried the template craft and the same thing happened...

10 hours ago, spritefun said:

I'm at a loss here I wonder if anyone can help. Ever since I updated to 0.7 the Thor-Agena I've been using from BDB no longer works, it has lost roll control and seems to be unable to stop itself tipping over anywhere after 5km. This craft used to work fine and I've done so many launches with it.

Has anything been changed in KSRSS that would make these things happen? I haven't changed anything else since this started and I even tried the template craft and the same thing happened...

me too

OMG YES it's not just me haha.

Fyi for the time being I've been using the Thor Agena SLV-2G instead which seems to be able to fight the problem a bit better, but if you're like me and are following a historic contract pack, this just wont do for realism lol.

17 hours ago, spritefun said:

the Thor-Agena I've been using from BDB no longer works, it has lost roll control

Roll control on the Thor is provided by the two finch engines ... how is that connected to the planet pack?

edit: and btw, the sample Thor-Agena A and B crafts have the finches facing the wrong direction.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

Well i feel like an idiot now. I reverted everything including all KSRSS dependancies back to 0.6 and I still have the problem but didn't before. Sorry for clogging your thread.

I think I've found the problem, looks like something is wrong with the template BDB Thor Agena craft file, so it looks like what @OrbitalManeuvers said is correct.

What I wonder is how did this broken version end up in my Discoverer mission craft lol.

Also thanks for such an awesome mod!!

Edited by spritefun

Couldn't find solution for my problem in the thread (might be me searching not properly, but anyway). The problem is that Callisto is just a black hole, when I watch at it. At the first glance, looks like all files are in place. I play on 4k textures, if that matters.

UPD: apparently, NRM file for Callisto in 4k opens fine and 8k one doesn't, while all others do. Also, 8k NRM file for Callisto is around 170 MB in size, while all others are not exceeding 44 MB. What would be better as an improvised solution: to edit link in .cfg file for Callisto or replace NRM file in 8k folder with 4k one? 

Edited by crberus
Troubleshooting notes

Spoiler

@SigmaDimensions
{
    // Base Settings

@Resize = 2.5  
    @Rescale = 2.5
    @Atmosphere = 1.1
    @dayLengthMultiplier = 1.25

// Advanced Settings

@landscape = 0.76
    @geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 0
    @resizeBuildings = 0

@CustomSoISize = 0
    @CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
    @tempASL = 1
    @atmoTopLayer = 1.181818182
    @atmoVisualEffect = 1.1

@scanAltitude = 1
}

@Kopernicus:LAST[KSRSS]:NEEDS[SigDim,!KerbalKonstructs]
{
    @Body:HAS[@Template:HAS[#name[Kerbin]]]
    {
        @SpaceCenter
        {
            @repositionRadiusOffset = 585
            @radius = 6000
            @absoluteOffset = 460
        }
    }
}
@Kopernicus:LAST[KSRSS]:NEEDS[SigDim,KerbalKonstructs]
{
    @Body:HAS[@Template:HAS[#name[Kerbin]]]
    {
        @SpaceCenter
        {
            @repositionRadiusOffset = 514
            @radius = 6000
            @absoluteOffset = 460
        }
    }
}

@EVE_CLOUDS:FINAL
{
    @OBJECT,*
    {
        @altitude *= 0.62
    }
}

@Kronometer
{
    %useHomeDay = true
    %useHomeYear = true
    %useLeapYears = true
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Antenna]]:NEEDS[Kerbalism,FeatureSignal]:FINAL
{
    @MODULE[Antenna]:HAS[#type[high_gain]]
    {
        @dist *= 5.035
    }
}

Is it posible to simple  edit this numbers for personal usage to get 10x scale ?

On 4/4/2022 at 6:16 PM, Tundra said:

Tried this with the Gas Giants Enhanced mod that goes with KSRSS, and it looked amazing!   Would highly recommend installing it with this.

Just starting building off KSRSS as a base (with BDB, Skyhawk Science System). I did not realize GGE works with it! Looks amazing. I use ballisticfox's TUFX profiles.