[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

1 hour ago, VostokV5 said:

Also, the texture select window still appears every time i launch the game. The changes do apply, but it won't disappear even though I have already selected, saved, and restarted. 

It's always there, don't worry about it.

15 minutes ago, donnager fan said:

What file do I Put ksrssve into?

What is it you're trying to do? KSRSS comes with everything you need for both Eve and scatterer. You don't need to move anything or put anything anywhere, it's already inside the (correctly installed) KSRSS folder, and you just need to install Eve and scatterer.

11 hours ago, VostokV5 said:

I've tried doing that but still didn't work

Sorry, I forgot to mention that ksp didn't keep the setting when I changed it ingame.
I had to set the "quality_preset" value in the setting.cfg to "5".

I hope it works for you too!

I don't think this is KSRSS' fault, but asking here just in case. I started a new KSRSS playthrough and am getting Unity crashes at "random" times especially when leaving VAB, both exiting to KSC and launching to pad.

A similar playthrough using JNSQ instead of KSRSS was stable. Scatterer and EVE have been uninstalled to rule them out but crashes continue. I already have another thread in tech support with logs and more details.

Have any KSRSS users had Unity crashes, and what did you do to fix it?

I clipped this out of NASA's RFC video. It's the "30-day stay" version of a Mars trajectory. I thought it was interesting that the video said this trajectory "may" include a Venus fly-by. Obviously that would add another constraint to the launch window, but it's an interesting trajectory. Neat to see a trajectory completely outside the standard Hohmann Transfer window. They do have an alternate that uses minimum energy, but the stay at Mars like is 500 days, and they're currently thinking that the 30-day plan is more attainable. 

I feel compelled to attempt this in KSP, naturally.

HFADOCo.png

Here's the rest of the mission architecture for anyone interested:

Spoiler

FW0wPyH.png

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

How can I tell if I am running 2.5x scale.  I do want that but I don't think it is working as my Earth is 1500 km Eq Radius which seems small to me.   I have Sigma dimension installed.

38 minutes ago, Saul said:

How can I tell if I am running 2.5x scale.  I do want that but I don't think it is working as my Earth is 1500 km Eq Radius which seems small to me.   I have Sigma dimension installed.

Kerbin's default radius is 600km so if Earth is 1500km that's 2.5x (10x is 6000km and full scale RSS is 6371km)

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Kerbin's default radius is 600km so if Earth is 1500km that's 2.5x (10x is 6000km and full scale RSS is 6371km)

Thanks, guess I'm still getting used to this scale.

Follow on, is there a way to have it so my game actually starts at midnight both visually as well as on the clock.  Really gets confusing when it's midday but the clock reads 00:00:00????

Edited by Saul

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Follow on, is there a way to have it so my game actually starts at midnight both visually as well as on the clock.  Really gets confusing when it's midday but the clock reads 00:00:00????

Well assuming you installed the recommended mod Kronometer, then you can use the same fix I posted to the JNSQ thread: