[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

1 hour ago, Apcls said:

I upgraded to ModuleManager.4.2.1, but still no change, cloud still doesn't appear,This is the log I found, I'm not sure if it's what you need:https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6k3japgm0by41v/Player.log?dl=0

Cloud Manager is complaining about"Kerbin-clouds1" and PQS Manager is complaining about a "body = Jool" entry.  Those are not part of the KSRSS install. You have got the stock Kerbin system config files loaded as well as the KSRSS ones. Deleting the "BoulderCo" folder from GameData should fix this.

7 hours ago, Apcls said:

I don't understand, I installed EVE but still no cloudhttps://imgur.com/K7TtYAm,https://imgur.com/kHDDI6R

You don't want or need BoulderCo. Those are configs for eve/scatterer, but KSRSS has all that built-in, so they're possibly conflicting.

edit: whoops didn't refresh - same answer already given. womp.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

3 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Cloud Manager 抱怨“Kerbin-clouds1”,而 PQS Manager 抱怨“body = Jool”条目。这些不是 KSRSS 安装的一部分。您已经加载了库存的 Kerbin 系统配置文件以及 KSRSS 文件。从 GameData 中删除“BoulderCo”文件夹应该可以解决这个问题。

thanks for your answer

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

您不需要或不需要 BoulderCo。这些是 eve/scatterer 的配置,但 KSRSS 内置了所有这些,因此它们可能存在冲突。

编辑:哎呀没有刷新 - 已经给出了相同的答案。窝。

thanks for your answer

Can any 2.5x players please check their game settings for antenna range modifier and DSN modifier?

My small antennas seemed too powerful so I checked my settings. My DSN modifier = 6.00. That seems high on top of KSRSS' other antenna patches. I just want to make sure I am at the default.

(Antenna range modifier is my usual 0.80 for some extra difficulty. I just have no idea why DSN modifier is so high.)

Edited by DeadJohn

17 minutes ago, Stolas said:

recently I noticed that dark shadows from clouds and not much spoiled light of cities appeared on the Ground

screenshot133.pngscreenshot134.png

You're using a separate visual mod so this page isn't the best but those are "cloud shadows" with messed up configs from whatever visual mode you're using

1 hour ago, TruthfulGnome said:

You're using a separate visual mod so this page isn't the best but those are "cloud shadows" with messed up configs from whatever visual mode you're using

1) the page with this visual mod is outdated 2) then how do I fix it?

Long post about Scatterer versions and sunflare. Thoughts?

TLDR: I propose that KSRSS currently works best with Scatterer 0.0723, but users need to add "%syntaxVersion = 1" to their GameData\KSRSS\KSRSSVE\scatterer\Sun.cfg if they want to see KSRSS' sunflare settings. Example code below.

@Scatterer_sunflare:AFTER[scatterer]
{
    @Sun
    {
        %syntaxVersion = 1  // added because Scatterer 0.0723 Sun.cfg says syntaxVersion = 2

//path to sunflare textures
        %assetPath = KSRSS/KSRSSVE/scatterer/Sun
[...cfg continues...]

It's known that Scatterer 0.08xx changed some file formats, and many planet packs continue to recommend staying on an earlier version like 0.0772. However, I think KSRSS had a sunflare problem starting with Scatterer 0.0770 when there was an enhancement to the sunflare cfg format. Going back earlier to 0.0723 before that sunflare syntax change means losing a lot of Scatterer improvements.

The spoiler has details partially copied from Scatterer changelog:

Spoiler

0.0723 Released on 2020-12-31
I think this is the last version that KSRSS is fully compatible with. Scatterer and KSRSS each have a sun.cfg; Scatterer loads first and then KSRSS makes changes.

0.0770 Released on 2021-05-17
New sunflare syntax (check wiki for details https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/wiki/SunflaresConfig#syntax-version-2)
Older sunflares stay compatible by omitting the syntaxVersion tag or using syntaxVersion=1. New sunflare syntax using syntaxVersion=2 in the sunflare config.
The old syntax used by KSRSS is supposed to still work in parallel (default to old syntax if new syntax isn't specified). Scatterer or Module Manager get a little confused, though, because Scatterer's updated Sun.cfg explicitly specifies the new syntax, and when the original syntax KSRSS Sun.cfg loads without specifying its own syntax that same new syntax is assumed. The end result in-game is that only Scatterer's sunflare config and images get used. My proposed edit seems to fix that problem to show KSRSS sunflare.

0.0772 Released on 2021-06-18
Fixes several bugs. No format changes.
This is the version I used for most of my testing. Sunflare is working and I've noticed no other problems with additional graphic mods TUFX, Minimum Ambient Light, Distant Object Enhancement.

0.0831. Released on 2022-02-20
I haven't ever tried this because JNSQ and KSRSS say they are incompatible with this version.

Edited by DeadJohn

People poking around and improving KSRSS (yay!) made me remember I've had this going on with Mars:

Spoiler

NuV9d8u.png

So I poked around and did some surgery by borrowing assets from other mods and a few other cfg changes, and eventually got this:

Spoiler

8ElRMiF.png

The first image is probably without any TUFX profile, but the second one pretty much requires BallisticFox's Vintage profile, otherwise it's overly yellow like you can see in the distance.

Anyway, does anyone else have the first problem, or does your Mars surface look normal? I had been so focused on the moon lately that I forgot about my Mars acne. :(

this work in 1.12? looks like a splendid mod :)

and are there spec requirements

also, does this mod replace the stock solar system with the real one, or does it upscale the stock one. Im assuming its the former not the later, i have read the OP but im still unsure?

EDIT : I just needed to read a bit. It does add just a smaller versions of RSS. *facepalm*

Edited by TKMK

19 hours ago, Grumpy_Bud said:

Occasionally I will use hyper edit or the stock cheat menu to land on a planet and its surface will be completely ruined. Is this a known bug?

Yes, it's a known issue with the stock cheat menu. I believe quicksaving then quickloading once arriving at a planet fixes it but don't quote me on it.

I need some serious help with a ghosting texture problem on 2.5x KSRSS. For some reason, whenever my craft is near a body, the ground textures seem to overlap. I have removed multiple mods that I suspected may be the culprit, but I have had absolutely no luck in deciphering the cause. KSRSS should be installed correctly, and I do not have any mods that conflict with KSRSS to my knowledge. If anyone has ever had a similar issue to this, or has any kind of solution, that would be greatly appreciated, as this issue is driving me insane. 

Here are images of the issue at hand as well as my current GameData list: https://imgur.com/a/FYS2aAy
And here is the Player log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/og6vxqvrvj3pyj2/Player.log?dl=0

Edit: I have found a topic that had a similar problem with GPP, and the solution was to turn off the Temporal AA in Scatterer while at the Space Center. If anyone comes here with this issue, all you have to do is load into the KSC, then open the Scatterer menu from the bottom right, then navigate to the "Customize Settings" tab, then under 'Scattering', un-tick the box that says "Temporal Antialiasing". I was able to test this multiple times and can confirm the ghosting effect with the ground textures has some kind of issue with that setting. I hope this can help someone who was having the same headache as I was.

Edited by Noname115
Found a solution to the issue

14 hours ago, Noname115 said:

I need some serious help with a ghosting texture problem on 2.5x KSRSS. For some reason, whenever my craft is near a body, the ground textures seem to overlap. I have removed multiple mods that I suspected may be the culprit, but I have had absolutely no luck in deciphering the cause. KSRSS should be installed correctly, and I do not have any mods that conflict with KSRSS to my knowledge. If anyone has ever had a similar issue to this, or has any kind of solution, that would be greatly appreciated, as this issue is driving me insane. 

Here are images of the issue at hand as well as my current GameData list: https://imgur.com/a/FYS2aAy
And here is the Player log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/og6vxqvrvj3pyj2/Player.log?dl=0

Edit: I have found a topic that had a similar problem with GPP, and the solution was to turn off the Temporal AA in Scatterer while at the Space Center. If anyone comes here with this issue, all you have to do is load into the KSC, then open the Scatterer menu from the bottom right, then navigate to the "Customize Settings" tab, then under 'Scattering', un-tick the box that says "Temporal Antialiasing". I was able to test this multiple times and can confirm the ghosting effect with the ground textures has some kind of issue with that setting. I hope this can help someone who was having the same headache as I was.

Prime suspect is Outer Wilds Program, given it's another planet pack running alongside KSRSS I'd imagine that might cause a conflict.