[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

566 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

On 6/21/2022 at 4:39 PM, Transformatron said:

Mechjeb PVG ended up pitching me over 20 km too early and flying manually I could not achieve orbit with a Saturn V, gravity losses were too high.  The speed at which my rockets take off is slower which makes me think somehow my gravity is wrong?

Update: it seems to be working fine now, it may have been a mechjeb issue, although the BDB Saturn Ib still does not work well lol :D

bdb saturn Ib works perfect for me, recomend starting your gravity turn right before when you hit the clouds then from there try to be at 45 degreesish by 20-25km usually you will shoot right out of the atmosphere. the bdb sarnus rockets have good gimble from the regor engines and are really easy to fly in general so i never tend to need mechjeb

2 hours ago, noaa_satellite said:

Is there any way to fix these weird ripple terrain features around the Moon's poles? Taken in 1.12 with 2.5x enabled

Not really, that's just a consequence of the way the textures wrap around the planet.  It happens on almost every celestial body.

The only way to fix it would be to change the heightmap so that the poles are flat (like Kerbin's ice caps).  But other than that, you're stuck with it.

Edited by OhioBob

5 hours ago, StrFul said:

hello, does anyone know how to fix this issue?

ZPrNQa.png

I assume you mean the sunlight visible through Earth. I had that problem along with other visual glitches, and this collection of things fixed them:

1) Make sure you have Scatterer 0.77 something, not 0.8something.

2) Maximize texture resolution in KSP graphics settings.

3) I have a post a few months back in this thread about a fix to get the proper KSRSS sunflare appearance.

On 4/1/2020 at 7:16 AM, alberro+ said:

This is quite possibly the funniest and most cursed thing i've seen on this forum.

lol i love scaling up instances in KK to ungodly sizes that serve no purpose other than humor

Edited by Astra Infinitum

I've tried to install this on an already modded save and the planets all show up correctly but for some reason when I try to exit a building, the building UI stays on my screen and it wont let me exit to main menu or click anything else. I've tried disabling input locks and that does nothing. I'll put a screenshot of my gamedata folder along with both logs in a google drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1v5I60UoJETuaL8BpvgfsolOaM4p1ocrS?usp=sharing

28 minutes ago, Joose said:

I'll put a screenshot of my gamedata folder along with both logs in a google drive.

Welcome to the forums.

A couple things jump out at me. First, your UI freezing would seem to be an issue with FAR being unhappy. Idk anything about FAR, but it's generating lots of nullrefs.  A couple other observations that you didn't ask about... You will have issues with that version of scatterer. The last version supported by KSRSS is 0.772. Also if you want 2.5x scale you'll need https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/releases  

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Welcome to the forums.

A couple things jump out at me. First, your UI freezing would seem to be an issue with FAR being unhappy. Idk anything about FAR, but it's generating lots of nullrefs.  A couple other observations that you didn't ask about... You will have issues with that version of scatterer. The last version supported by KSRSS is 0.772. Also if you want 2.5x scale you'll need https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/releases  

Removing FAR seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the help :)

Love your mod but I had a weird issue where crossing the 89.5 kilometer altitude mark led me to get awarded the contract 22 times instead of just once.  It's early career with Unkerballed Start if it's any help.

Getting awarded too much science and funds is cool but it kind of makes the career seem cheaty.  I tried fixing the persistent file but reopening the save reset the science and funds back to where they were before the fix.   What should I post for help?  I have a screenshot of the multiple awards below.

6Iuq1pe.png

12 hours ago, ShuttleCSidemount said:

I tried fixing the persistent file but reopening the save reset the science and funds back to where they were before the fix.

Did you reset the funds in both the persistent.sfs and the persistent.loadmeta files?

On 7/18/2022 at 6:15 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

First, your UI freezing would seem to be an issue with FAR being unhappy.

Ok well... Removing FAR kinda fixed it? In the middle of flight my clicks will stop registering again, and if I right click something on my craft it brings up an empty text box and I can't right click again to remove it.

Also the toolbar on the side has repeating icons of the same thing for some reason. Maybe related to the input problems?

7llrvO0.png

I am in the process of creating a new launch site on Johnston Island in the central Pacific. The file below is what I have so far. This portion will be added to the bottom of the KSRSS LaunchSites.cfg file. I have found through testing that adding this patch will create an island where none exists. My question is, is there a way to make the generated island smaller? It is quite large, much bigger than the real Johnston Island. It doesn't need to be much larger than the KSC base itself.

Thanks!

Spoiler

zFImAhM.jpg

Edited by DaveyJ576

On 5/16/2022 at 5:26 AM, MagicCuboid said:

@CessnaSkyhawk the day length is about 7.5 hours (+/- a few minutes), and there are about 565 days in a year (+/- a couple days). If you need me to be more precise let me know!

Sorry if I'm quoting your post a bit too late, but I'm playing with sigma dimensions, and have set the daylengthmultiplier to 2.5X, but I'm still getting a day length of 7.5 hours. Any way to edit this?

The reason I ask, is because I'm using kerbalism, and in 2.5X scale, the geostationary orbit altitude is within one of Earth's radiation belts(with the 7.5 hour day), this makes it impossible to park any long term satellites there(they start malfunctioning.)

40 minutes ago, DA299 said:

Sorry if I'm quoting your post a bit too late, but I'm playing with sigma dimensions, and have set the daylengthmultiplier to 2.5X, but I'm still getting a day length of 7.5 hours. Any way to edit this?

It could be that the Kronometer settings are overriding your Sigma Dimensions settings.  Rather than trying to change it using SD, you might have to change it on the Kronometer side.  I suggest editing the file KronometerIntegration.cfg in KSRSS. I think the following should work:

@Kronometer // For Rescale Continued 2.5x
{
	@useHomeDay = false
	@useHomeYear = true
	@useLeapYears = true
	@CustomTime
	{
		@Day
		{
			value = 67500	// length of day in seconds, use whatever number you want
		}
	}
}

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

It could be that the Kronometer settings are overriding your Sigma Dimensions settings.  Rather than trying to change it using SD, you might have to change it on the Kronometer side.  I suggest editing the file KronometerIntegration.cfg in KSRSS. I think the following should work:

@Kronometer // For Rescale Continued 2.5x
{
	@useHomeDay = false
	@useHomeYear = true
	@useLeapYears = true
	@CustomTime
	{
		@Day
		{
			value = 67500	// length of day in seconds, use whatever number you want
		}
	}
}

Thanks for the suggestion, although this isn't the way I did it(I just edited the Gamdata SD configs.)

On the other hand, here's a suggestion for the devs: Using 12 hours for Earth's(2.5X) day, results in  a 350 day year length, and around ~26 days for the lunar month. Wouldn't this be better than the already accepted value of 7.5 hours?

3 hours ago, DA299 said:

On the other hand, here's a suggestion for the devs: Using 12 hours for Earth's(2.5X) day, results in  a 350 day year length, and around ~26 days for the lunar month. Wouldn't this be better than the already accepted value of 7.5 hours?

I second 12 hours for 2.5x.