[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

Just now, kerbalboi said:

Also the "sun going through earth bug" seems to still happen even if i get rid of sunflares and sun configs from ksrssscreenshot1093.png

Then this is a scaterrer issue. Use 0.7 version scaterrer

21 minutes ago, DA299 said:

Then there's probably some specific version of scaterrer KSRSS-reborn was designed to use.

Works fine for me with latest versions from Spacedock (Scatterer 0.0835 and EVE Redux 1.11.6.1). Note that I use "reborn" branch from Gitlab. Make sure you don't have any 3rd party EVE or Scatterer configs, and as stated above, make sure you run the game at full texture resolution.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:22 AM, tony48 said:

Another important change is that KSRSS will now be at 1/4 real scale (JNSQ scale, or ~2.7 times bigger than stock) with 12 hours days.

So... is there no KSRSS at kerbin scale any more?  Asking for a friend :)

Don't get me wrong, I was probably going to go the 2.5 or 2.7 route but i hadn't made up my mind.

Looking forward to the drop!

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

So... is there no KSRSS at kerbin scale any more?  Asking for a friend :)

Don't get me wrong, I was probably going to go the 2.5 or 2.7 route but i hadn't made up my mind.

Looking forward to the drop!

I guess!

8 hours ago, theJesuit said:

So... is there no KSRSS at kerbin scale any more?  Asking for a friend

Like OrbitalManeuvers said, a stock scale patch will be available. However:

• We strongly encourage you to play in 1/4 real scale since it is at this scale that the mod is developed.
  • The patch will probably make KSRSS 1/9 real scale, which isn't stock scale (but close to it)

4 minutes ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

Just making sure I'm not just being an idiot, but I can't find the download link anymore? Is it still somewhere on the first page or is it in a different spot now?

I removed it since the new KSRSS isn't ready yet, and the "old" one isn't supported anymore.

40 minutes ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

alrighty. you think its stable enough for save game use yet, or is it better to just wait for the full release?

Definitely not safe to use for an operational save (there's still updates to planets), but suits well for testing both the mod and your current crafts. I recommend making a separate install if you want to try it.

7 minutes ago, Non_Aligned1 said:

Are the Gas Giants supposed to be not tilted? I have KSRSS KSRSSVE and Gas Giants enhanced.

KSP can't implement axial tilt correctly. I believe the default configuration for KSRSS is not tilt. Principia has configs for axial tilt, but it is not yet implemented into KSRSS.

21 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Definitely not safe to use for an operational save (there's still updates to planets), but suits well for testing both the mod and your current crafts. I recommend making a separate install if you want to try it.

alright - I was planning on using a custom space center for my next playthrough, so i guess I'll use the beta to get my kerbal konstructs stuff all taken care of and then just wait for the full release to start playing

I hate to be that guy (cause I've definetly been on the other side of this with SSS, and ik how it can get pretty annoying), but I was just wondering if y'all have a ballpark estimate for the full download being avalible again (eg is it a more short-term days to weeks type of update, or is it gonna be a longer term month or more type thing) cause I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna wait for the release to start my next playthrough, or just pick a different planet pack and start that instead.

8 hours ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

I hate to be that guy (cause I've definetly been on the other side of this with SSS, and ik how it can get pretty annoying), but I was just wondering if y'all have a ballpark estimate for the full download being avalible again (eg is it a more short-term days to weeks type of update, or is it gonna be a longer term month or more type thing) cause I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna wait for the release to start my next playthrough, or just pick a different planet pack and start that instead.

I'd say give it a week or two.