[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

567 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

3 hours ago, zw_45 said:

Noticed that SpaceDust config for KSRSS will not work unless you delete the stock definition folder, so I wrote a patch to delete the stock definition configs. Could you also upload this patch and restore the definitions for Earth?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anlnec-q1Uv7gjzhtWBNnG6S4SqV

Done, thanks.

On 8/8/2022 at 4:51 PM, tony48 said:

Like OrbitalManeuvers said, a stock scale patch will be available. However:

• We strongly encourage you to play in 1/4 real scale since it is at this scale that the mod is developed.
  • The patch will probably make KSRSS 1/9 real scale, which isn't stock scale (but close to it)

So whats the speed for orbit etc like stock speed for kerbin orbit is 2200-2300 So whats the speed for orbit etc like stock speed for kerbin orbit is 2200-2300 will it be around like 2500 at scale 1/9? As i enjoy ksrss but i dont like the 2.7 scale ((side question, Why 1/9 and not just fully stock?

4 hours ago, CalvonVulcan said:

So whats the speed for orbit etc like stock speed for kerbin orbit is 2200-2300 So whats the speed for orbit etc like stock speed for kerbin orbit is 2200-2300 will it be around like 2500 at scale 1/9?

Yes, about 2500 m/s at an altitude of about 80 km.  About 2400 m/s at 150 km, and about 2300 m/s at 220 km.

4 hours ago, CalvonVulcan said:

Why 1/9 and not just fully stock?

Because at 1/9 scale, orbital periods are exactly 1/3 what they are at real scale.  So Earth can be given an 8-hour day, and all the planets will retain their familiar real life orbital periods when measured in days.  That is, Mercury will orbit in 88 days, Venus in 225 days, Earth in 365 days, etc.

Edited by OhioBob

8 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Yes, about 2500 m/s at an altitude of about 80 km.  About 2400 m/s at 150 km, and about 2300 m/s at 220 km.

Because at 1/9 scale, orbital periods are exactly 1/3 what they are at real scale.  So Earth can be given an 8-hour day, and all the planets will retain their familiar orbital periods when measure in days.  That is, Mercury will orbit in 88 days, Venus in 225 days, Earth in 365 days, etc.

Ah thank you, can wait for the stock patch to come out!

4 hours ago, turnerjack698 said:

so the mod is called kerbal sized real solar system, its a bit silly that its not kerbin sized...

It use to be Kerbin sized, but 1/9 scale works better mathematically, so it has been changed.  The mod is apparently retaining the old name because it is familiar.  It's not unprecidented to keep a traditional name (why is the Big 10 called the Big 10 when the conference has 14 schools).

In case you haven’t noticed yet (and from the looks of things most of you haven’t), you can go into the KSRSS folder and change the scale and inclination mode.

Tony worked extra-hard on making sure it’s able to be patched by module manager, so just make a patch to set it to whatever you prefer to play with.

2 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

In case you haven’t noticed yet (and from the looks of things most of you haven’t), you can go into the KSRSS folder and change the scale and inclination mode.

Tony worked extra-hard on making sure it’s able to be patched by module manager, so just make a patch to set it to whatever you prefer to play with.

ah thanks, but which ones are those i have to edit just so i dont mess things up

4 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

so i have been trying to get it too work i found the inclination but i cant find the scale, Anything more specific?

Edited by CalvonVulcan

On 9/8/2022 at 2:03 AM, tony48 said:

Done, thanks.

Since the resource configs for Kerbin has been removed. We need to define resource bands for Earth instead of modify Kerbin config. Could you revert all definitions for Earth to original, Thanks.

3 hours ago, zw_45 said:

Since the resource configs for Kerbin has been removed. We need to define resource bands for Earth instead of modify Kerbin config. Could you revert all definitions for Earth to original, Thanks.

That was true before we made changes to support parallax 2. Now, Earth's name for KSP (and the mods) is Kerbin, so all the configs (EVE, Scatterer, SpaceDust, etc.) should target Kerbin. That's why I removed the Kerbin definitions from the delete patch, so we can edit them.

I’m sure someone else has pointed it out, but in case no one has noticed, Northern parts of Canada, Greenland and Russia are stretched toward the North Pole, like the warping you get toward the poles on a rectangle map. I’m pretty sure the south pole is like this too. 

1 hour ago, Socowez said:

I’m sure someone else has pointed it out, but in case no one has noticed, Northern parts of Canada, Greenland and Russia are stretched toward the North Pole, like the warping you get toward the poles on a rectangle map. I’m pretty sure the south pole is like this too. 

Half of that’s a ksp issue, half of that is a mapping issue. We’ll look into it but I’m fairly sure it’s unfixable.

Also remember that GitLab issues are far easier to track than remembering forum posts so if you have an issue, feel free to tell us there :D.

One of the latest updates brought back the old bug: KSC is partially underground in space center view when you launch the game and load a save. Just like back then, it can be "fixed" by going to any other 3D scene (VAB\SPH, tracking station) and back.

Also, I see this on Gitlab: 

If you want custom contracts : ContractConfigurator AND a unmanned first tech tree (Unkerballed Start, Skyhawk Science System, SIMPLEX, TETRIX, CSI or others)

This is just plain wrong on many levels. Please do not introduce such hard dependencies, ever.

(Although new stuff seem to work even without these tech trees)

Edited by biohazard15

10 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

One of the latest updates brought back the old bug: KSC is partially underground in space center view when you launch the game and load a save. Just like back then, it can be "fixed" by going to any other 3D scene (VAB\SPH, tracking station) and back.

Also, I see this on Gitlab: 

If you want custom contracts : ContractConfigurator AND a unmanned first tech tree (Unkerballed Start, Skyhawk Science System, SIMPLEX, TETRIX, CSI or others)

This is just plain wrong on many levels. Please do not introduce such hard dependencies, ever.

(Although new stuff seem to work even without these tech trees)

1. We’re aware of the floating issue

2. We haven’t changed contracts in months, are you having issues with the contracts?

Edited by ballisticfox0

On 9/9/2022 at 8:45 AM, ballisticfox0 said:

3 minutes ago, CalvonVulcan said:

Yes this is 2.7 scale, above some balisticfox and orbitalmanuvears has already explained this Yesterday and how to turn into Stock again

This? Where in the folder do I change it, and were is the value located in the data once I find it?