[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

566 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

3 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

are you having issues with the contracts?

None so far. I've completed the first set of unmanned contracts, did polar orbit and unmanned return with one craft - seems to work as intended.

Also, can you please check Earth atmosphere? Many ascents in Reborn are kinda too "fiery" (in term of effects, not actual heat-up). Same crafts flying same ascent profiles in 2.5x show little to no aerodynamic FX.

3 hours ago, Adventures said:

This? Where in the folder do I change it, and were is the value located in the data once I find it?

KSRSS is by default 2.7 scaled. You have nothing to change. 

1 hour ago, Cruesoe said:

How long is a day in the 2.5 size?

Is it 12 hours a day, 365 a year like JNSQ?

12 hours and 365 day yes

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

None so far. I've completed the first set of unmanned contracts, did polar orbit and unmanned return with one craft - seems to work as intended.

Also, can you please check Earth atmosphere? Many ascents in Reborn are kinda too "fiery" (in term of effects, not actual heat-up). Same crafts flying same ascent profiles in 2.5x show little to no aerodynamic FX.

Will do

On 9/9/2022 at 10:38 PM, tony48 said:

That was true before we made changes to support parallax 2. Now, Earth's name for KSP (and the mods) is Kerbin, so all the configs (EVE, Scatterer, SpaceDust, etc.) should target Kerbin. That's why I removed the Kerbin definitions from the delete patch, so we can edit them.

So does KSRSS now work with Parallax 2.0? :o

When downloadning parallax 2.0 for ksrss it wont load, When i do install all 3 the game doesnt load But gets stuck at the planets spinning before the main menu so do i need to install 1 or 2 

1. Parallax Stock textures, parallax, parallax scatter

2. Parallax, Parallax scatter

Edited by CalvonVulcan

2 things that looks unusual
so i installed the new verison of ksrss-reborn or new install idk what to call it but it lags alot when im in space and i downloaded reborn like 2 days after tony said that balisticfox and it would be at 2.7 it did not lag and i have a super high and good pc and alot of storage free, anything i need to delete or?

and second when i look from tracking station and from main menu it has a really high pitched green swampy like color and high pitched color for russia and and those lands there too

Picture from main menu: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

4 hours ago, CalvonVulcan said:

When downloadning parallax 2.0 for ksrss it wont load, When i do install all 3 the game doesnt load But gets stuck at the planets spinning before the main menu so do i need to install 1 or 2 

1. Parallax Stock textures, parallax, parallax scatter

2. Parallax, Parallax scatter

You have to delete the "configs" folder in parallax stock textures for it to load.

wRZ61kE.png

For those who want to play with the stockalike orbital inclinations setting but don't want to have to perform a dogleg maneuver for every launch due to the KSC's high latitude, I made a version of the Earth config that relocates the KSC to right on the equator, allowing for launches to be done exactly like in the stock system.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lj0q0br6gitfi4/03_Earth.cfg?dl=0

Simply replace 03_Earth.cfg in GameData/KSRSS/Configs/03_Earth to install

Licensed CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 as it is a derivative of a KSRSS config file.

Edited by coyotesfrontier

20 hours ago, CalvonVulcan said:

2 things that looks unusual
so i installed the new verison of ksrss-reborn or new install idk what to call it but it lags alot when im in space and i downloaded reborn like 2 days after tony said that balisticfox and it would be at 2.7 it did not lag and i have a super high and good pc and alot of storage free, anything i need to delete or?

and second when i look from tracking station and from main menu it has a really high pitched green swampy like color and high pitched color for russia and and those lands there too

Picture from main menu: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

quick update.

so it still lags but i have alot of storage  but i have a really good gamming pc and alot storage and i tried reinstalling it today rn same thing but i found out why it turns swampy high ptich green its bc when i make it stock size,  anyway to fix the color and lag?

Edited by CalvonVulcan
was wrong about lag problem

3 hours ago, noaa_satellite said:

So I've been trying out the new Parallax with KSRSS and it seems like Mars is unusually laggy- it works mostly fine on the moon but I can't get through a Mars EDL without crashing. This might just be my computer not being powerful enough, but given that the Moon ran fine I'm not sure.

Mars' scatter density is set waaaaaay too high, I was able to get it to run much better by reducing the scatter density in Mars' parallax config file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6syncnpx1cg6xw/05_Mars.cfg?dl=0