[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

3 minutes ago, Taki117 said:

I used the RSS/RO ascent profile for Mechjeb and it seemed to work better than the stock ascent.

Not always, though - if you have high-TWR upper stage, it's better to stick with classic profile, PVG would likely waste too much fuel trying to compensate (the infamous "my rocket point towards the planet" case).

1 hour ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Weird, I downloaded reborn from the gitlab with cape kanaveral and the launch sites don't appear

From previously using this mod, the default home launch site is Kourou near the equator (to make it easier). You will need KSCSwitcher (KSRSS Reborn provides patches) and then enter the Tracking Station and use the GUI there to set the default (you can I believe do this via Module Manager patching). This changes where your "home" is, as viewed in the game, etc. This all isn't too obvious, took me a bit of google/forum searching to figure it out.

This will give you the default looking KSC at the Cape Canaveral location. You can use KSC Switching to move to lots of locations. The alternative is to use the "Launch Sites" drop down to launch a rocket somewhere else as one offs.

If you want a very fancy looking Cape, then also download this (which is I believe the only variant of Katniss CapeCanaveral designed for KSRSS Reborn), with all the dependencies:

Possibly also (memory fading) you can select the particular launch pads at the Cape using the "Launch from Site" pull down. I've not used the above, so it may or may not work, if you have problems as there.

Edited by 610yesnolovely

4 minutes ago, 610yesnolovely said:

From previously using this mod, the default home launch site is Kourou near the equator (to make it easier). You will need KSCSwitcher (KSRSS Reborn provides patches) and then enter the Tracking Station and use the GUI there to set the default (you can I believe do this via Module Manager patching). This changes where your "home" is, as viewed in the game, etc. This all isn't too obvious, took me a bit of google/forum searching to figure it out.

This will give you the default looking KSC at the Cape Canaveral location. You can use KSC Switching to move to lots of locations. The alternative is to use the "Launch Sites" drop down to launch a rocket somewhere else.

If you want a very fancy looking Cape, then also download this (which is I believe the only variant of Katniss CapeCanaveral designed for KSRSS Reborn), with all the dependencies:

The github only has the one for the old ksrss. How do I get it for reborn?

8 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

The github only has the one for the old ksrss. How do I get it for reborn?

It's on GitLab here: https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS - select the "reborn" branch from the pull down near the top left, download that and manually install what's in there under GameData, but note that the "reborn" branch is pre-release, so you may have to fiddle with things, it might issues, might be complicated to make work, and it's not documented yet because it's not ready for general use. Check previous posts on the last few pages (that's how I know this).

If you're finding it hard to get working, I'd recommend waiting till it is released. I have not yet used KSRSS Reborn (just 0.6) so caveat emptor.

Edited by 610yesnolovely

1 minute ago, 610yesnolovely said:

It's on GitLab here: https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS - select the "reborn" branch from the pull down near the top left, download that and manually install what's in there under GameData, but note that this is pre-release, so you may have to fiddle with things, it might issues, might be complicated to make work, and it's not documented yet because it's not ready for general use. Check previous posts on the last few pages (that's how I know this).

If you're finding it hard to get working, I'd recommend waiting till it is released. I have not yet used KSRSS Reborn (just 0.6) so caveat emptor.

O I meant katniss cape Canaveral 

1 minute ago, Rutabaga22 said:

O I meant katniss cape Canaveral 

I provided what I believe is Canaveral for KSRSS Reborn in my first answer above (KatnisssCapeCanaveral for KSRSS v1.0), scroll down to "Download" for the GitHub link, which I shall provide here:

https://github.com/Truthfulll/KatnisssCapeCanaveral-KSRSS

Again, I've not tried any of this with KSRSS Reborn, so I may be misreading, and this may be all tricky to get working right.

10 minutes ago, 610yesnolovely said:

I provided what I believe is Canaveral for KSRSS Reborn in my first answer above (KatnisssCapeCanaveral for KSRSS v1.0), scroll down to "Download" for the GitHub link, which I shall provide here:

https://github.com/Truthfulll/KatnisssCapeCanaveral-KSRSS

Again, I've not tried any of this with KSRSS Reborn, so I may be misreading, and this may be all tricky to get working right.

Yeah, the only version is for 1.0 ksrss

[LOG 14:03:50.485] [Scatterer][Info] Skynode switch effects to scaled mode: Kerbin

For me, this happens at about 100k, and my framerate drops in half from mid 20's to about 11, slide-show style.  Anyone else seeing a huge framerate drop just after getting into space? I'm using the latest scatterer and eve, and synched with Gitlab last night.

Full log: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GbPJ5qEHi32ypmwNpMl9XYvHB2ikq_mh?usp=sharing

On 10/7/2022 at 11:43 PM, TruthfulGnome said:

No.

The master branch is for Reborn (GitLab) and the release version is for older KSRSS.

This is going to make me sound dumb, but how do I download the master branch instead of the current release?

30 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Wait, is the size 2.7 (as everybody in the recent posts says) or 2.5 (as the dV map in the first post says)?

2.5 was the old rescale patch for pre-Reborn version, with stock size as default.

2.7 is the new default in Reborn version, with stock size as a patch.

Edited by biohazard15

1 hour ago, CalvonVulcan said:

when KSRSS is officially released will it turn back to stock 1/10 or will it stay the size it is rn, JNSQ 1/4 size and you can change the size to stock 1/9 scale in the CFG folder?

The mod team previously said it will stay at the current at the current KSRSS-Reborn scale (aka JNSQ 2.7x stock), with an option to scale it down to near stock (but not exactly stock) scale. I recall seeing a post a few pages back in this thread.

1 hour ago, DeadJohn said:

The mod team previously said it will stay at the current at the current KSRSS-Reborn scale (aka JNSQ 2.7x stock), with an option to scale it down to near stock (but not exactly stock) scale. I recall seeing a post a few pages back in this thread.

ik about this, just asking about how it will be when it is done

With MechJeb2 I never gets to orbit, even after trying with the RO/RSS settings. For example when I set MechJeb assent Guidance to Launch and Orbit 200km (For this example I used rockets that design to work with 2.5x scale, with enough ∆v) It launches and then when getting around 150-160km the "power" of the rokcet getting slower and slower although it works as should at 140km and before and it with the same acceleration settings and enough fuel nothing was changed from launch, then it just wasted all the fuel by slowly reach from 150km to 155~ km. I assoumd maybe because of the angle it gets in? I have tried multiple times to launch and get to orbit using mechjeb with stock and with KSRSS reborn 2.7x, with stock these no issue but with KSRSS reborn 2.7x I cannot (I played alot with MechJeb setting to try fixing it and still I couldn't find the issue).

Any help? :)

37 minutes ago, AstroKerbal1B said:

With MechJeb2 I never gets to orbit, even after trying with the RO/RSS settings. For example when I set MechJeb assent Guidance to Launch and Orbit 200km (For this example I used rockets that design to work with 2.5x scale, with enough ∆v) It launches and then when getting around 150-160km the "power" of the rokcet getting slower and slower although it works as should at 140km and before and it with the same acceleration settings and enough fuel nothing was changed from launch, then it just wasted all the fuel by slowly reach from 150km to 155~ km. I assoumd maybe because of the angle it gets in? I have tried multiple times to launch and get to orbit using mechjeb with stock and with KSRSS reborn 2.7x, with stock these no issue but with KSRSS reborn 2.7x I cannot (I played alot with MechJeb setting to try fixing it and still I couldn't find the issue).

Try the following settings in PVG mode:

8pab3CJ.png

Qdmnl22.png

As you can see, this GLV reached (about) 100x100km orbit with 45m\s dV to spare.

Note that BDB Titan is probably a bad example for this, since Titan engines in BDB have spool-up effect (realistic throttle response instead of KSP's instant). MJ can't work with it properly - I highly recommend to install the "Remove Engine Spoolup" patch from BDB Extras folder if you're using MJ.