[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

3 hours ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

Has anyone else been experiencing very high lag in low orbit of Jupiter's moons? For whatever reason I get a huge amount of lag when I'm close in to them even though the game runs fine everywhere else.

That can be a common problem around very small bodies.  But Jupiter's moons are large enough that I wouldn't have expected it.  Does the lag go away when in low orbit of the moons?

The problem that I'm familiar with is the lag kicks in as soon as a vessel crosses the PQS deactivation altitude (when traveling inward).  This can be set to different altitudes for different bodies, but it could be about 100-200 km or so.  Initially the lag can be severe, but lessen as you get closer to the body.  By the time low orbit altitude is reached, the lag disappears and eventhing is back to normal.  Does this sound like what's happening?

Edited by OhioBob

On 11/29/2022 at 12:11 PM, 610yesnolovely said:

Above should be correct, but it requires a bit of fiddling. It works great for me, looks as good as I remember KSRSS 64K.

Just be aware, needs a decent machine to run on (I use my work machine a 32 core CPU, 64GB and a 24GB 3090ti), and even then loading will be much longer, pauses before game finishes loading (5secs) and occasional long pauses due to demand loading huge textures.

5 hours ago, Dandoesstuff said:

how do i install the mod? the download link says soon

9 minutes ago, forge__gamer said:

When can we get the link to download it?

The first quote has the instructions.

Where is the download link for KSRSS please? I cannot find a working link for stock sized and 2.5x.

EDIT: I got the link to work and it is alright now. Thankies

Edited by Avedis
Got download link to work

5 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

I am playing with a rescaled version of this mod - 2.5 scale on top of this default scale here. Has anyone experience with those sort of experiment?

The default scale for KSRSS Reborn is already 2.5x, so not sure what you mean by "on top of this default scale." Scaling options are also available in the configuration.cfg file.

19 hours ago, Hoovy said:

Someone should put instructions on how to download, I have no  clue which file to use in my gamedata

The mod is still in beta. Instructions used to be in the top post but were deleted (I think because they kept changing too often for the thread owner to keep current).

Here are instructions copied from elsewhere in the thread but I'm not certain they are the latest&greatest way to install. I had Parallax 2.0 issues a few months ago and haven't retried it, so you might want to follow the first 2 steps, test things, backup KSP. Optionally add the Parallax steps later, and return to your backup if Parallax doesn't work well for you. IMO KSRSS Reborn without Parallax looks great and is stable enough to be a v1.0 release.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:11 PM, 610yesnolovely said:

Above should be correct, but it requires a bit of fiddling. It works great for me, looks as good as I remember KSRSS 64K.

Just be aware, needs a decent machine to run on (I use my work machine a 32 core CPU, 64GB and a 24GB 3090ti), and even then loading will be much longer, pauses before game finishes loading (5secs) and occasional long pauses due to demand loading huge textures.

5 hours ago, Cerious said:

I for some reason can't get KK configs to load in. KatnissCapeCanaveral is missing every building/pad, and Cape Kanaveral is not loading in properly. 

Cape Kanaveral needs an update to work with KSRSS reborn. For KatnissCapeCanaveral, you need to download the master branch on github.

1 hour ago, tony48 said:

Cape Kanaveral needs an update to work with KSRSS reborn. For KatnissCapeCanaveral, you need to download the master branch on github.

I downloaded everything as said, no pads and no buildings appear. The Cape also clips in the terrain and its edges are about 20m off the Ground.

21 minutes ago, Cerious said:

I downloaded everything as said, no pads and no buildings appear. The Cape also clips in the terrain and its edges are about 20m off the Ground.

Maybe this should be discussed in the KatnissCapeCanaveral thread, but I'm wondering if maybe you missed the step where you move the entire Retro folder into  KatnissCapeCanaveral/Instances/  

On 12/29/2022 at 5:23 AM, New Horizons said:

I am playing with a rescaled version of this mod - 2.5 scale on top of this default scale here. Has anyone experience with those sort of experiment?

I have done so and it works well with sigma dimensions with Principia on top. Any trouble you are experiencing?

16 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Maybe this should be discussed in the KatnissCapeCanaveral thread, but I'm wondering if maybe you missed the step where you move the entire Retro folder into  KatnissCapeCanaveral/Instances/  

Seems like I missed it completely, I was absent from the KSRSS thread for over half a year, now I'm back and everything has changed

ok, I got it working. I'm dumb. all I needed to do was take the ksrss folder inside the ksrss folder inside the ksrss zip folder

you see, this is why shampoo bottles say to not consume, except technology instead of shampoo