[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

I have some questions after adding Parallax 2 to an existing KSRSS playthrough. It's working and the graphics look good, just wondering if/how to tweak it.

What should I do about my Moon base that now has some rocks drawn on top of it? During my first reload Parallax defaulted to Scatters on, Colliders off so nothing exploded. If I turn colliders on will my base explode, or will it magically and safely shift position? Can I somehow tell KSRSS/Parallax not to overlap my base? Maybe I'll just use Hyperedit to move the base so it's inside fewer boulders.

While flying very fast and low over approximately Mississippi (forest biome), I noticed a distracting dividing line between near and far trees. Near trees are a pleasant darker green color while far trees are a brighter green color. It's a sharp color change rather than gradual fade. Is this the expected appearance? I understand why different detail levels might be used for performance but is there anything I can do to make the colors more alike?

On 1/9/2023 at 4:38 PM, DeadJohn said:

I have some questions after adding Parallax 2 to an existing KSRSS playthrough. It's working and the graphics look good, just wondering if/how to tweak it.

What should I do about my Moon base that now has some rocks drawn on top of it? During my first reload Parallax defaulted to Scatters on, Colliders off so nothing exploded. If I turn colliders on will my base explode, or will it magically and safely shift position? Can I somehow tell KSRSS/Parallax not to overlap my base? Maybe I'll just use Hyperedit to move the base so it's inside fewer boulders.

While flying very fast and low over approximately Mississippi (forest biome), I noticed a distracting dividing line between near and far trees. Near trees are a pleasant darker green color while far trees are a brighter green color. It's a sharp color change rather than gradual fade. Is this the expected appearance? I understand why different detail levels might be used for performance but is there anything I can do to make the colors more alike?

1. I can't guarantee the safety of your base with colliders, that's just a side effect of using them. I know you can make a blank KK static with scatters disabled and that will prevent them from spawning there though.

2. That's due to some issues with LOD like you said, I'll investigate a bit :D

4 hours ago, kerbalboi said:

so now that the new eve version is out, wen configs?

fox was going to start working on them but they have some personal stuff they are going through so don't expect them any time soon

8 hours ago, Adiri said:

fox was going to start working on them but they have some personal stuff they are going through so don't expect them any time soon

f, i did manage to get it working last night, it should work off the bat but it looks terrible, so what i did was get rid of the earth clouds (high+low+shadows) in the eve menu and i also went into the stock configs and changed body=duna to body=mars, i haven't checked mars yet but the changes i did to earth do work

8 hours ago, kerbalboi said:

f, i did manage to get it working last night, it should work off the bat but it looks terrible, so what i did was get rid of the earth clouds (high+low+shadows) in the eve menu and i also went into the stock configs and changed body=duna to body=mars, i haven't checked mars yet but the changes i did to earth do work

I got it working like an hour ago on earth and it does look incredible (imo)
image.png
image.png
image.png

1 hour ago, Kakub said:

Anybody know how to fix this ?

Try increasing your graphics settings. Texture resolution should be full not half.

At least I think that's the fix. If it isn't try thread and forum searches for "sunlight through earth" or "sunlight through kerbin"

Edited by DeadJohn

On 11/9/2022 at 8:36 PM, tony48 said:

To install the 64k textures, copy the KSRSS-64k folder and paste it into your GameData. You shouldn't merge it with the KSRSS folder.

I'd say not earlier than one month from now.

I wish i knew this 2 days ago. *laughs from insanity*

Well now that I'm back from the hospital, config work should start tomorrow, already got some day one stuff done though.

Please be patient though, like Adiri said I'm going through quite a bit right now and funny space man game is not the number one priority atm.

screenshot8.png

On 1/15/2023 at 10:59 AM, Kakub said:

Anybody know how to fix this ?

iGTZhuc.jpgwdU1WnL.jpgEmzIlyC.jpg

zBhZ7ml.jpg

Mod Folder:

VwMi11x.png

This is due to the mipmaps on the normal map not working properly, I swear I uploaded a fix but apparently not, so will do that soon

18 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Well now that I'm back from the hospital, config work should start tomorrow, already got some day one stuff done though.

Please be patient though, like Adiri said I'm going through quite a bit right now and funny space man game is not the number one priority atm.

screenshot8.png

This is due to the mipmaps on the normal map not working properly, I swear I uploaded a fix but apparently not, so will do that soon

hope you get better soon :]

WTQnaDX.jpgR8mNodS.png

KV17Rg2.png

Europa Explorer

This Mod is so beautiful:)

1 hour ago, Dragon, ten od spejsiksa said:

Hey man, I'm just wondering if KSRSS 0.7 is going to be compatible with volumetric clouds?

Welcome to the forum!  We ask you to try and read through the posts on the last couple of pages of any thread you want to ask a question in.  (ctrl + F to bring up the find tool in your browser to search through the page for the terms you're looking for)

As BallisticFox has stated, "Please be patient though, like Adiri said I'm going through quite a bit right now and funny space man game is not the number one priority atm. "

24 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:
1 hour ago, Dragon, ten od spejsiksa said:

Hey man, I'm just wondering if KSRSS 0.7 is going to be compatible with volumetric clouds?

Welcome to the forum!  We ask you to try and read through the posts on the last couple of pages of any thread you want to ask a question in.  (ctrl + F to bring up the find tool in your browser to search through the page for the terms you're looking for)

Regarding search: There's a better way than ctrl-F for users on big screens (Win, Mac, Linux). The forum search box at the top-right includes a dropdown list to limit your search to "this topic" and it will search across multiple pages at the same time.

Mobile users unfortunately get less functionality; searches always check the entire forum because "this topic" option doesn't exist when used on a small screen. That's partly why questions get repeated.

Hello, I downloaded ksrss reborn and everything works fine but one problem is the visuals arent as good as i hoped it to be. I believe it is a scatter config issue because only the eve clouds show up but scatter oceans, sun flare, etc wont work. Any help?

Edit: I can send pictures of the issue if needed. 

Edited by foy

1 hour ago, foy said:

Hello, I downloaded ksrss reborn and everything works fine but one problem is the visuals arent as good as i hoped it to be. I believe it is a scatter config issue because only the eve clouds show up but scatter oceans, sun flare, etc wont work. Any help?

Edit: I can send pictures of the issue if needed. 

Go ahead and post some pics of what you're seeing.

But some important questions:

Did you download KSRSS Reborn from Git Lab?  If so, did you make sure it was on the Reborn branch?

What version of Scatterer are you on?  Since you're a new member, I'd assume the latest which should be correct, but if you have the version number that could help.

And of course you should be using a recent version of Kopernicus to even get the planets, so don't think that's an issue.

Are you putting everything into the GameData folder in the Kerbal Space Program folder on your computer? 

Oh, and are you using CKAN to install everything/some things?  A CKAN user will have to assist you with that.

That should be all the questions for now.

59 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

Go ahead and post some pics of what you're seeing.

But some important questions:

Did you download KSRSS Reborn from Git Lab?  If so, did you make sure it was on the Reborn branch?

What version of Scatterer are you on?  Since you're a new member, I'd assume the latest which should be correct, but if you have the version number that could help.

And of course you should be using a recent version of Kopernicus to even get the planets, so don't think that's an issue.

Are you putting everything into the GameData folder in the Kerbal Space Program folder on your computer? 

Oh, and are you using CKAN to install everything/some things?  A CKAN user will have to assist you with that.

That should be all the questions for now.

New update, I fixed it by deleting the 64x file from the main ksrss reborn branch file which I did download from git lab. Scatterer and kopernicus are up to date also. One issue is the eve default clouds are still in the game and eve settings cant detect the rss config files for the visual effects. Not sure if thats how its supposed to be as I saw that others has theirs differently.  I did not download from ckan btw.