[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

12 hours ago, cinemagic said:

----edit: nvm, find some tip in previous pages and solved it

congrats. I saw your message and wanted to answer but my answer would have been a guess since I don't use parallax in my KSRSS installs. Can I ask, did the solution have to do with deleting a stock textures folder? That would have been my guess :P

How does it perform for you? For me it's too much for my wimpy card and I don't know which settings to change to reduce quality - so I only use it in my stock install.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
typos

8 hours ago, Saturn1234 said:

I downloaded ksrss reborn from GitLab. Then I dragged KSRSS and KSRSS-64k into GameData and installed Kopernicus, Kronometer, CustomBarnKit, EVE and Scatter. Is there anything else I need to install? Because I can't seem to see the clouds.

I am not one of the mod maintainers.

My install has clouds. I've just synchronized this morning and the only change compared to what I had before was the new normals file for Earth. So I know the latest changes didn't break anything with clouds (that would be weird anyway)

If you're open to a suggestion ... I would try removing the 64k texture folder. That's one thing I don't have.

Spoiler

ft43Wlp.jpg

On 4/2/2023 at 1:22 AM, Saturn1234 said:

I downloaded ksrss reborn from GitLab. Then I dragged KSRSS and KSRSS-64k into GameData and installed Kopernicus, Kronometer, CustomBarnKit, EVE and Scatter. Is there anything else I need to install? Because I can't seem to see the clouds.

Logs please

14 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Is the north pole moon flap a known issue?
image.png

Just typical KSP being KSP, current project I’m working on should fix it

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I've been having an issue getting KSRSS to work correctly! Some aspects such as city lights function but the planets do not change to their real life counterparts. Does anyone know what my issue could be? Thanks!

Below are some screenshots I have taken. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th image are screenshots of the mods I use.

Visual portrayal of issue https://imgur.com/ejIFvvb

https://imgur.com/RNwYIG2

https://imgur.com/K4pVrOW

https://imgur.com/4DePK4g

11 hours ago, BorfoandShnogs said:

For sure one thing you need to do is get rid of the extra module managers. In the root of the GameData folder, you should have only modulemanager.4.2.2.dll, none of the previous versions.

It's possible that will fix your issue, but if not, please consider posting a link to your ksp.log file.

Hi, I'm using KSRSS Reborn along with the latest version of Parallax, and the truth is that it works great (deleting the respective Parallax configuration files) on Earth, Mars and the Moon; however on Venus (I have not yet tested it on the rest of the planets and moons) I'm seeing bizarre, and unreal mountains, with ridiculous terrain and height maps. I understand that all this is because KSRSS doesn't have Parallax support for the rest of the planets yet?

Edited by reicou

11 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

For sure one thing you need to do is get rid of the extra module managers. In the root of the GameData folder, you should have only modulemanager.4.2.2.dll, none of the previous versions.

It's possible that will fix your issue, but if not, please consider posting a link to your ksp.log file.

Unfortunately, removing the extra Module Managers did not fix my issue, and I am unsure where to locate my ksp.log file.

On 4/17/2023 at 4:43 PM, reicou said:

Hi, I'm using KSRSS Reborn along with the latest version of Parallax, and the truth is that it works great (deleting the respective Parallax configuration files) on Earth, Mars and the Moon; however on Venus (I have not yet tested it on the rest of the planets and moons) I'm seeing bizarre, and unreal mountains, with ridiculous terrain and height maps. I understand that all this is because KSRSS doesn't have Parallax support for the rest of the planets yet?

Nope, just improper configs on Venus, will take a look after I finish some of the other projects I’m working on for ksrss

Has anyone else experienced MASSIVE framerate lag around Europa in low orbit? High orbit and landed are perfectly fine. I'm running the latest version of the game with all the visual mods. More info can be provided if this isn't a known issue. Also, the same kind of lag happens when timewarping on Pluto's surface. Thanks!

I use the mod with Parallax, and after the last update, Venus works again as before, without impossible mountains and strange shapes, however, there is nothing of Parallax technology in it. Parallax doesn't seem to work on Titan either, so I guess KRSS and Parallax only work together (for now) on Earth, Moon and Mars?

On 4/20/2023 at 1:37 AM, BadModder54 said:

Has anyone else experienced MASSIVE framerate lag around Europa in low orbit? High orbit and landed are perfectly fine. I'm running the latest version of the game with all the visual mods. More info can be provided if this isn't a known issue. Also, the same kind of lag happens when timewarping on Pluto's surface. Thanks!

I have the same issue 

I have to say that after using a lot of Parallax with this mod, I much prefer the KSRSS textures. They look much more realistic and I enjoyed them a lot more, apart from the extreme performance that Parallax demands especially if you like to use other demanding mods like RPM IVAs.

So I think I'll just stick with KSRSS, which is getting better and better. Thank you for continuing with this wonderful mod.

Edited by reicou