Jump to content

[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS


tony48
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone.

We're working on 0.7 update. We was waiting for Parallax Shader made by @Gameslinx.

Also, some informations :

KSRSS is NOT currently playable in 1.9.
KSRSS is compatible with EVE Redux, but we need to tune fog on Titan & Venus to make KSRSS fully compatible with EVE Redux.

KK-KSRSS will be removed soon, we wont work on it until the final release of KSRSS.
We won't make a support for Atlas Shader, and that's the reason why we was waiting for Parallax.

If you need support, please ask directly on our discord where we are much more reactive.


 

Edited by Kierra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Kierra said:

Hello everyone.

We're working on 0.7 update. We was waiting for Parallax Shader made by @Gameslinx.

Also, some informations :

KSRSS is NOT currently playable in 1.9.
KSRSS is compatible with EVE Redux, but we need to tune fog on Titan & Venus to make KSRSS fully compatible with EVE Redux.

KK-KSRSS will be removed soon, we wont work on it until the final release of KSRSS.
We won't make a support for Atlas Shader, and that's the reason why we was waiting for Parallax.

If you need support, please ask directly on our discord where we are much more reactive.


 

Worth the wait if you guys implement Parallax. Can't wait to try it out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the release anytime SoonTM (1 or 2 weeks?)? Sorry to be that guy, but I am only asking because I would like to start up a game using KSRSS but don't want my game to break from the update. Unless the update wouldn't bother the save which would be amazing!

Edited by NateDaBeast
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The biggest question is: Will KSRSS be REX (Real Exoplanet) compatible? Right now, 2021 is on the horizon with KSP 2, and it's just not cool to be limited to just a home solar system.
It's just that the configs that are now - they make REX to the size of the real Earth, since REX considers KSRSS to be a real RSS.

Edited by OOM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2020 at 2:40 AM, NateDaBeast said:

Is the release anytime SoonTM (1 or 2 weeks?)? Sorry to be that guy, but I am only asking because I would like to start up a game using KSRSS but don't want my game to break from the update. Unless the update wouldn't bother the save which would be amazing!

Probably not.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:08 AM, OOM said:

The biggest question is: Will KSRSS be REX (Real Exoplanet) compatible? Right now, 2021 is on the horizon with KSP 2, and it's just not cool to be limited to just a home solar system.
It's just that the configs that are now - they make REX to the size of the real Earth, since REX considers KSRSS to be a real RSS.

@AndrewDraws said he was working on REX-KSRSS compatibility (let us know if you need help with that).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone else playing 2.5x scale, I converted the RSS Δv map to quarter-scale.  It's not an exact match (RSS is about 11 times Kerbin-scale), but it's close enough (and slightly over-estimates how much you need, so it gives you a little extra safety margin with these numbers).

7BzhIan.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2020 at 12:40 PM, RoboRay said:

For anyone else playing 2.5x scale, I converted the RSS Δv map to quarter-scale.  It's not an exact match (RSS is about 11 times Kerbin-scale), but it's close enough (and slightly over-estimates how much you need, so it gives you a little extra safety margin with these numbers).

These maps are so useful! Thanks very much. Also, I was wondering, what is the program that you used to create it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2020 at 12:41 PM, Severno said:

These maps are so useful! Thanks very much. Also, I was wondering, what is the program that you used to create it? 

I didn't create the artwork...  I just updated the numbers on the RSS map for the smaller scale.  Going to quarter-scale is really easy, as it simply reduces all the costs to half.

Credits for the artwork and original math are in the upper-left portion.

Edited by RoboRay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...