[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

15 hours ago, heuhaufen2 said:

will this work on 1.11?

I tried in on 1.10.1 with @R-T-B's Kopernicus Bleeding Edge branch, but it didn't work. Pretty sure it said "Kopernicus could not load the planets in due to an exception" or something like that.

You can try it, but I doubt it would work.

2 hours ago, AeroSky said:

I tried in on 1.10.1 with @R-T-B's Kopernicus Bleeding Edge branch, but it didn't work. Pretty sure it said "Kopernicus could not load the planets in due to an exception" or something like that.

You can try it, but I doubt it would work.

I highly doubt it as well. This pack should probably work exclusively  on 1,10 when it's updated to 0.7.

1 hour ago, kylelander said:

This pack should probably work exclusively  on 1,10 when it's updated to 0.7.

That's nice! How about Kopernicus, though? The official Kopernicus release is up to 1.9.1 I believe. Will the 0.7 version of this use the Kopernicus Bleeding Edge (as referred to above) or will 0.7 release when Kopernicus 1.10.1 releases?

4 hours ago, AeroSky said:

That's nice! How about Kopernicus, though? The official Kopernicus release is up to 1.9.1 I believe. Will the 0.7 version of this use the Kopernicus Bleeding Edge (as referred to above) or will 0.7 release when Kopernicus 1.10.1 releases?

since most 1.10 planet packs use the bleeding edge branch of kopernicus, I think KSRSS will use it as well.

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Not sure if you've worded this the way you intended, but let's hope the devs aren't thinking anything like this. A minimum version, of course, but exclusively locked to one version?  Why would anyone do that?

I don't exactly know what's on the mind of the devs right now, however seeing that current this pack only works on 1.8.1 and not any other version the next update may very well continue that trend.

3 minutes ago, kylelander said:

I don't exactly know what's on the mind of the devs right now, however seeing that current this pack only works on 1.8.1 and not any other version the next update may very well continue that trend.

Oh, I see what you're saying. If I understand correctly, there's special circumstances between KSP 1.8 and 1.9. I.e. once they fix whatever was broken by KSP 1.9, they'll be forwards compatible just like other planet packs already are (which they've doubtless already done on their dev version). 

On 23/11/2020 at 00:48, tony48 said:

Quelques nouvelles de la mise à jour :

• Les configurations et textures de parallaxe sont toujours en cours de création
  • La structure des dossiers KSRSS sera complètement différente. Alors, qu'est-ce que ça signifie pour vous? Dans les versions précédentes, vous deviez télécharger KSRSS, KSRSS-Textures et, si vous le souhaitiez, KSRSSVE et KSRSSVE-Textures. Désormais, il n'y aura qu'un seul téléchargement avec les quatre mods. Si vous n'avez que EVE (pas scatterer), KSRSSVE appliquera les configurations "Lite". Si vous avez EVE et scatterer, alors il appliquera les configurations "High". Une fenêtre en jeu vous permettra de modifier votre résolution de texture (pour KSRSS et KSRSSVE). La dll empêchera les autres textures de se charger, vous aurez donc le même temps de chargement et la même utilisation de la RAM qu'auparavant.
  • Nous améliorons actuellement les altitudes des corps principaux.
  • @Kierrajoue avec les statiques KK, mais nous ne savons pas si elles feront partie de la sortie.

hello, do you have any idea when the mod will be released? I can't wait any longer !!

I tried downloading KSRSS, and I got KSRSS textures along with it. It's right there in my GameData, a file folder called "KSRSS-Textures-master," but when I launch the game it says that KSRSS textures is missing, and it won't let me proceed from there. Do you know what that might be about?

15 hours ago, bwest31415 said:

I tried downloading KSRSS, and I got KSRSS textures along with it. It's right there in my GameData, a file folder called "KSRSS-Textures-master," but when I launch the game it says that KSRSS textures is missing, and it won't let me proceed from there. Do you know what that might be about?

you've done it wrong. you should have three folders in your GameData folder, KSRSS, KRSS TEXTURES and KSRSSVE. also remember to have the right version of kopernicus installed.

5 hours ago, si2504 said:

you've done it wrong. you should have three folders in your GameData folder, KSRSS, KRSS TEXTURES and KSRSSVE. also remember to have the right version of kopernicus installed.

Okay, so I've done that--here's what my GameData folder looks like now:

0VfnugA.jpg

Yet when I launch the game, it still gives me both of these messages, as though the two files it's referring to aren't sitting right there in the folder:

tZv8rTm.jpg

I got the regular RSS to work yesterday, so I know Kopernicus is working properly. I reverted the game to 1.8.1, and that's also the version of Kopernicus I'm using.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not tech savvy and very new to modding...

Edited by bwest31415

8 hours ago, bwest31415 said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not tech savvy and very new to modding...

The file that you unzipped that resulted in the directory with "-master" in the name? delete both that file and that directory. The correct files are all linked on the first post of the thread, and here's the one you want for the textures:

https://github.com/KerbalFrench/KSRSSVE-Textures/releases/

12 hours ago, bwest31415 said:

Okay, so I've done that--here's what my GameData folder looks like now:

0VfnugA.jpg

Yet when I launch the game, it still gives me both of these messages, as though the two files it's referring to aren't sitting right there in the folder:

tZv8rTm.jpg

I got the regular RSS to work yesterday, so I know Kopernicus is working properly. I reverted the game to 1.8.1, and that's also the version of Kopernicus I'm using.

Also, please remove Real Solar System, and GPP. They will conflict with your KSRSS install.

34 minutes ago, Starman2018 said:

for the cape the 1.10 version of KSRSS it would be cool to see the Katniss Cape Canaveral worked into it, would that be possible if I may ask? 

It might be, though more work will be needed for the KK statics and the heightmaps.

3 hours ago, Starman2018 said:

for the cape the 1.10 version of KSRSS it would be cool to see the Katniss Cape Canaveral worked into it, would that be possible if I may ask? 

2 hours ago, kylelander said:

It might be, though more work will be needed for the KK statics and the heightmaps.

yeah...tried to make it work and it was...messy. lots of heightmap issues. would be rad to see, though! 

On 1/13/2021 at 4:27 AM, NotMyProblem said:

Wish this gets updated to 1.11 sooner or later.

On 1/13/2021 at 6:40 AM, NotMyProblem said:

May i ask, When is the estimated time where 0.7 will be released?

Soon^TM

On a serious note, the last update on github repository was in November. This is just speculation, but I believe tony is just keeping it off site until its ready while he develops it. Find something to fiddle with while you wait and the time will fly by.

On 1/4/2021 at 1:43 PM, si2504 said:

any news on the version compatibility with the upcoming update

Yes the next update will be for 1.11.

17 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

On a serious note, the last update on github repository was in November.

KSRSS is now on GitLab.

17 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

When is the estimated time where 0.7 will be released?

We don't know. We don't have any time to work on the mod right now, but that will (hopefully) improve soon.

2 hours ago, Anubis-X said:

What are The Part mods Used in the Screenshots?

BDB, Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit, Probe Plus, Restock.