[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

2 hours ago, lemon cup said:

Yes. The mod KSCSwitcher only does just that, just moves the stock KSC to whatever lat and long coordinates the config has listed. 

You are probably thinking of the functionality provided by KerbalKonstructs, which uses an entirely different system to generate custom static buildings and launch sites. Some planet packs (like JNSQ) come with premade custom configs for KK, but KSRSS does not.

The good news is that they are both compatible, so with KK installed you can custom create your own facilities anywhere, and still use KSC Switcher at the same time.

Ah okay thanks.

I was confused because it says it comes with various launch sites - I was assuming that that meant they were actually sites like in KK

2 hours ago, SpaceX_Boi said:
2 hours ago, SpaceX_Boi said:

Can this mod work in 1.11.2? :P 

@Kuiper_Belt says he has it in 1.11.2 right now, but I don't want to break my game, so please let me know. :P 

Been working fine for me! I’ve also got the dev branch at the moment so I’d say proceed with caution as always with modding with dev branches but I’ll reiterate I’ve had no problems so far!

Edited by Kuiper_Belt

1 hour ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

Been working fine for me! I’ve also got the dev branch at the moment so I’d say proceed with caution as always with modding with dev branches but I’ll reiterate I’ve had no problems so far!

Thank you, I'll try it out! :) 

2 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

but I’ll reiterate I’ve had no problems so far!

yeah I can't quite go THIS far, but it definitely works :)

1 hour ago, SpaceX_Boi said:

Thank you, I'll try it out! 

These are the only nits I really notice:

Spoiler
  • the starting KSP screen just needs to be ignored
  • the resolution dialog shows every run
  • every run the KSC (at Kourou) is uneven with the ground, which is uneven with the KK statics I've placed. Must visit tracking station, then return to space center, to fix. Works for the rest of the run.
  • Florida doesn't work at all for me - no amount of tracking station and KSC Switching ever results in the KSC assets sitting on the ground. I just don't use it.

These are minor in comparison to getting to use this planet pack.

4 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:
  • every run the KSC (at Kourou) is uneven with the ground, which is uneven with the KK statics I've placed. Must visit tracking station, then return to space center, to fix. Works for the rest of the run.
  • Florida doesn't work at all for me - no amount of tracking station and KSC Switching ever results in the KSC assets sitting on the ground. I just don't use it.

Try switching to High (16K) ground texture resolution - CCAFS seems to work fine with it. Also, try the latest dev version - according to log, there were numerous tries to fix this. (I assume we're talking about 2.5x rescale, of course)

However, I don't use KK.

Edited by biohazard15

3 hours ago, atore said:

Here's my GameData folder:

If you are running KSP 1.11.2, you want the 1.12 version of Kopernicus. As of this moment, it's still at release 55: https://github.com/kopernicus/kopernicus/releases

Also, I can only speak for myself, but I'm using the dev branch of KSRSS from gitlab on 1.11.2, not the older version.

On 7/24/2021 at 6:50 AM, Kochi said:

the 2 black ones are the github on 1 that is working is the gitlab dev version 

Github version is pretty much abandoned, do not use it. All the new stuff & fixes are on gitlab.

11 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

More info is needed. KSP version, mod version, Kopernicus version, logs?

KSP 1.8.1, kopernicus 1.8.1, dont have logs yet

Edited by Adiri

On 8/3/2021 at 9:52 PM, biohazard15 said:

I really recommend to switch to at least 1.10.1 and the latest Kopernicus, and use Gitlab latest dev release.

ok, where can i find this gitlab? 

Speaking of KSP versions: it seems that 1.12 changed something in stock game. Previously, I had problems with KSC screen - on first load, I couldn't click on buildings (buttons worked normally). Visiting tracking station and\or VAB usually fixed this. There is no such problems on 1.12.2. So I suggest using it, if your other mods support it.

I noticed a terrible and annoying bug in ksrss 0.7 version. This is due to sea level and atmosphere, most noticeable on Mars and Venus. I've done a clean install several times, I've tried all kinds of ways to fix it - no success, it's a KSRSS problem.

Spoiler

KSP-x64-2021-08-06-10-34-48.png
KSP-x64-2021-08-06-10-35-32.png

Edited by Perantor

2 hours ago, Perantor said:

I noticed a terrible and annoying bug in ksrss 0.7 version. This is due to sea level and atmosphere, most noticeable on Mars and Venus. I've done a clean install several times, I've tried all kinds of ways to fix it - no success, it's a KSRSS problem.

You mean shadow mountains on the horizon? Isn't that a stock bug?

1 minute ago, biohazard15 said:

You mean shadow mountains on the horizon? Isn't that a stock bug?

No, this is a KSRSS error. Stock planets in x2.5 do not have such bugs. It seems rescale configuration for KSRSS was configured incorrectly. Although KSRSS has always suffered from scaling troubles (remember the floating KSC)

And so I did a clean install without sigma dimensions. The Venus cloud problem is gone 

Kopernicus 56, Eve Redux, Scatterer 0.772  

Spoiler

KSRSS.png

Max setting \ texture 

Spoiler

screenshot0.png

However, the atmosphere of Mars still artifacts for reasons unknown to me.

Spoiler

screenshot1.png

I can say:
1. Configuration rescale x2.5 configured incorrectly (as I expected)
2. Artifacts on Mars are caused by some problem not rescale.

Edited by Perantor